The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

No, I dont think I know more than Bracket or Benning. But I doubt evaluating one's hockey talent is scientific and can be measured. If so, there would never be a bad pick or a bust because all teams would pick the best sure fire player.

I see the same game that Podkolzin plays as they do and I do not see what is so special about Podkolzin. Podkolzin will be good and can become a NHL player. But doubt he can carry a line on his own.

Based on what? You watching a few youtube clips vs scouts who watched him for years? You think quite highly of your ability to judge talent, good for you! Maybe you can become a scout from your couch from watching youtube and become an NHL gm one day!

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Upvote 3

No, I dont think I know more than Bracket or Benning. But I doubt evaluating one's hockey talent is scientific and can be measured. If so, there would never be a bad pick or a bust because all teams would pick the best sure fire player.

I see the same game that Podkolzin plays as they do and I do not see what is so special about Podkolzin. Podkolzin will be good and can become a NHL player. But doubt he can carry a line on his own.

Curious if you saw Kucherov being able to carry a line on his own when he was drafted?

• Haha 3

Just now, runtzguy said:

Cool! Did you also know that dinosaurs have feathers and look more like chicken than they do in Jurassic Park?

They also seem to be able to evaluate hockey talent better than you.  Consensus top 10 pick even considering the Russian factor dropped.  It's not like Benning went off the board here.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Yep a captain of team russia who dominated against his own age group internationally, and led his team can't lead a forward line and be an offensive driver. Why do you think scouts had him as the highest rated forward past the top 2?

:picard::picard:

Yeah? And why did he rank 3 and they dropped to 10? Because scout's ranks mean nothing and if their ranking were perfect, guys like Nail Yakupov wouldn't be drafted.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

11 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Boldy is a weak skater so make up your mind about the skating weakness complaint

He was playing on such a stacked team, a lot of these guys may have benefited from Hughes etc, very risky vs a guy that was the leader on his team at one tourney

Wouldn’t worry about trying to defend this pick, virtually every ranking had Podz in the tippy top (not mock drafts), four-8 spots ahead of Boldy.   I like Boldy too but there is no denying Podz is on another level.   Can’t complain about this, like I said nine hours before the draft if this scenario happens it’s a coupe, steal or whatever you want to call it...lottery balls be damned Benning did it again.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Based on what? You watching a few youtube clips vs scouts who watched him for years? You think quite highly of your ability to judge talent, good for you! Maybe you can become a scout from your couch from watching youtube and become an NHL gm one day!

Nah, I rather stay at home after a good day's work and argue with keyboard warriors such as yourself :)

1 minute ago, runtzguy said:

Yeah? And why did he rank 3 and they dropped to 10? Because scout's ranks mean nothing and if their ranking were perfect, guys like Nail Yakupov wouldn't be drafted.

Don’t forget Daigle while your at it...the “next one “...

Great, let's fire all our scouts because their opinion is meaningless.  You're hired.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Because

1. Many teams ahead of us required  DMen and Centers desperately

2. 2 year contract in Russia is an issue for some

3. You build teams from Center and D. Every team before us took a center or dman other than Kakko who we all know was in a different category than the rest

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

I don't really like the pick myself, but why does he need to carry any line on his own? He either plays with Pettersson, who carries his line. Or he plays with Bo, who also carries his line. He's going to be a complimentary part of either line. 

• Cheers 1

Nah, I rather stay at home after a good day's work and argue with keyboard warriors such as yourself :)

It seems you've come on here to troll. I'm sorry your life has caused you challenges and you've resorted to trolling to deal with them

Hope you find some assistance for your personal challenges.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

He dropped to 10th because GM's were worried about the whole 2 year KHL contract. Skillwise he was a TOP 5 player according to almost all the scouts. 

1 minute ago, Dombrova22 said:

I don't really like the pick myself, but why does he need to carry any line on his own? He either plays with Pettersson, who carries his line. Or he plays with Bo, who also carries his line. He's going to be a complimentary part of either line. 

How many wingers are expected to carry a line anyway?

Just now, Dombrova22 said:

Because at 10, I would want someone that can carry a line on his own. That is why I wanted Matthew Boldy because I see that potential in him. Do I have proof? Of course not. Only time will tell and hopefully I am wrong about Podkolzin. 

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Because

1. Many teams ahead of us required  DMen and Centers desperately

2. 2 year contract in Russia is an issue for some

3. You build teams from Center and D. Every team before us took a center or dman other than Kakko who we all know was in a different category than the rest

I like Kakko.  However, Pod has a meanness to his game Kakko doesn’t.  Kakko will put up more points, but Pod will be impactful even when not putting up points.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2