The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'd love it if Podz and Klimovich both came to camp in killer shape and earned a spot. And if the Canucks managed to trade Garland and Beauvillier, they might have enough size/grit to really challenge when push comes to shove. 

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Boeser

Mikheyev - Miller - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Blueger - Joshua

DiGiuseppe - Aman - Klimovich

Pearson

McDonough

That's a fairly hefty/gritty forward group

it's like you have two 4th lines.

Kuzmenko Petterson Podkolzin
Mikheyev Miller Garland
Hoglander Beauvillier Boeser
Pearson Blueger Joshua

I try Beauvillier at 3C, as he already said, it's his favorite position. 

Pearson at 4th line if he's ready to go, if not DiGiuseppe will do wonders. 

Parent at 22, wow, mature beyond his years hopefully. Sounds like he's jacked too. I really hope we flip one of Garland or Beauvillier to make room for Podkolzin but even if we don't, I bet Podz and Hoglander are going to push some of these veterans or PDG into the press box.

Wasn't long ago Podkolzin scored 14G with the Canucks. I think he's still a year or two away from being a real prime-time 20+ goal scorer, but it'd be nice having him on the 3rd or 4th line.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 1:39 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Parent at 22, wow, mature beyond his years hopefully. Sounds like he's jacked too. I really hope we flip one of Garland or Beauvillier to make room for Podkolzin but even if we don't, I bet Podz and Hoglander are going to push some of these veterans or PDG into the press box.

Wasn't long ago Podkolzin scored 14G with the Canucks. I think he's still a year or two away from being a real prime-time 20+ goal scorer, but it'd be nice having him on the 3rd or 4th line.

I’m thinking it’s more likely Beau gets moved than Garland because of money and term. Even then, I expect the Canucks to retain some salary. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is a high character person. Great guy to have on our club. 

Some clown on here laughed at me because I said I'm glad Anaheim chose Zegras just before we picked Podz. 

Zegras is a greasy little punk who's going to get owned if he keeps up his pissy-ass attitude. 

We should be thankful the Ducks chose that scuzzy little bitch just before our pick. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

Some clown on here laughed at me because I said I'm glad Anaheim chose Zegras just before we picked Podz. 

Zegras is a greasy little punk who's going to get owned if he keeps up his pissy-ass attitude. 

We should be thankful the Ducks chose that scuzzy little bitch just before our pick. 

I would tend to agree, but I said very similar things about Juolevi over Tkachuk.

All that said, Podz is very different from Juolevi.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

What did Zegras do?

23 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I would tend to agree, but I said very similar things about Juolevi over Tkachuk.

I agree that it's similar, but, Podz has way more character at such an early age, as long as he continues to grow as a player, he's definitely someone I'd rather have on my team than some spoiled punk. Talking crap to Stetcher and others is not cool. It gets intense, no problem, but at least back that up. Who's that little idiot on Philly? Bo's cousin, who took a cheap shot at Petey last year? Those kind of guys are gutless punks, no matter how much skill they have. 

21 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Calgary really only had 2yrs of Tkachuk's greatness before he asked for a trade.  It would be the same

thing in Vancouver, if they had picked him.  My guess is that Podz has a sense of loyalty and gratitude

towards the Canucks and will likely stay with the team for a long time; even if he becomes a great player.