The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

49 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Pods is one that could definitely benefit from 4-5 years in the A to learn the NA game before he becomes a force with the big club. The key will be lots of patience 

Why would a 10th overall pick who’s already playing 16 minutes a night in the KHL as a 19 year old need to spend up to 5 years in the AHL learn the NA game?  How many games did Hoglander  and Petey play in the AHL?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

I said it before and I'll say it again....... we should have taken Peyton Kreps with the 10th pick! All the cheerleads on this board can go on and on all day about how great that Podkolzin, but he;s looking like a bust is gonna be, but at least Kreps can manage to score at a point a game pace in the WHL... Benning and Weisbrad should be fired immediately for at least not bringing Podz over to play in the WHL - but then again, I still think he'd only manage to score there at a half a point per game pace. Podz and Desjardins are better off in the VHL.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, crunch55 said:

It's impossible to take anyone serious who can't string together a simple sentence or two of English.

"What use is a guy that? That idjit JB shoulda got one of the guys what scored the goal. :lol:"

I described a couple of critically important plays as "he fell down" and "he just hung around", and the only thing you could see wrong with the post was my English? Wow. By the way, I believe you meant to say, "seriously". You are welcome.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I said it before and I'll say it again....... we should have taken Peyton Kreps with the 10th pick! All the cheerleads on this board can go on and on all day about how great that Podkolzin, but he;s looking like a bust is gonna be, but at least Kreps can manage to score at a point a game pace in the WHL... Benning and Weisbrad should be fired immediately for at least not bringing Podz over to play in the WHL - but then again, I still think he'd only manage to score there at a half a point per game pace. Podz and Desjardins are better off in the VHL.

what u talking bout   khl is a mens league much better than the whl. If podkolzin hadnt signed  khl contract before draft hed been in top 5  he wasnt elligible for whl  and hes playing in. the second best league in the world from 18-19  and looks great   playing  in international tournies versus his  peers.  once he signs  after khl season is  up we have a very good top 6 in our lineup    benning drafts good players

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

You mean Krebs?  Are you being sarcastic?  I mean... Krebs/Newhook were my two choices at #10 oa but when I saw Podkolzin was available, I was more than happy we got him.  Now that some time has passed, I'm even more content with this choice.  I believe all three of these guys will have great careers but when all is said and done, I believe Podz will end up being the best (overall/complete) player at 10 oa.  I'd even go as far as to say that he'll end up being top three best players from that draft.  (I also think Newhook will be one of those in the top three as well).

If in fact you're serious, I'm looking forward to seeing you eat some crow....

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

31 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

You mean Krebs?  Are you being sarcastic?  I mean... Krebs/Newhook were my two choices at #10 oa but when I saw Podkolzin was available, I was more than happy we got him.  Now that some time has passed, I'm even more content with this choice.  I believe all three of these guys will have great careers but when all is said and done, I believe Podz will end up being the best (overall/complete) player at 10 oa.  I'd even go as far as to say that he'll end up being top three best players from that draft.  (I also think Newhook will be one of those in the top three as well).

If in fact you're serious, I'm looking forward to seeing you eat some crow....

No, I'm talking about former Florida Panthers forward Kamil Kreps you ninny...

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I was doing my best desiboy impersonation. He was no BureToMogilny, though... probably the greatest troll in the history of CDC.

Herb... I've read your posts long enough, that I should have recognised obvious enough sarcasm... I was just under the influence and a little 'dull'.  

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Lind will be our 3C next year. Unless Aquilini agrees to a couple buyouts to free up cap space. Gadjovich may surprise in training camp. But for sure he will get called up and may play himself right into the starting lineup. 

He's played 8 games as a center, if he makes the team it's as a winger.