The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Eriksson

Rate this topic

koregen

13 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Hey rowdy canuck you gave my  comment the confused emoji. Why is that? What are you confused about? You don't agree we've turned a corner as a team? Or do you think we should continue to mercilessly hack  on Loui Eriksson instead of rising above that as fans of a team that has such a great future? What is it partner? 

I agree the team has turned a corner but I'm confused by you stated that people mercilessly hack on Loui....I've  been trying to understand where timrafan is coming from on his take on Loui.....and I haven't been the only poster trying to do that. 

I do agree the Canucks have a bright future though

• Upvote 1

It's not  just about Loui. It's about channeling energy in a positive way to bring to Vancouver what we all want...the Stanley Cup.

And personally if we ostracize fans like Timrafan we are all the poorer for it. We have amazing players wanting to come here from Sweden. 

Be a positive force in your Fandom. 

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

It's not  just about Loui. It's about channeling energy in a positive way to bring to Vancouver what we all want...the Stanley Cup.

And personally if we ostracize fans like Timrafan we are all the poorer for it. We have amazing players wanting to come here from Sweden. 

Be a positive force in your Fandom. 

I'm not trying to ostracize tomrafan....im a fan and I don't agree with him putting this mess all on Jim and Green...if I don't agree with something I'm going speak out and I'm trying to understand his side.....I agree that we have some sweet swedes in the system starting with Petey and now nils....

If your looking for positive fandom this isn't the topic to come too sorry. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

You are the epitome of the negative fan. You will be left behind as the team moves on. Partner it's not about you and making negative points to feel good about yourself. It's about the fans that  have been here through thick and thin and are  looking forward to our rise back to prominence.

All the best. Hope you figure it out.

I was a Loui supporter when we got him. It made sense to me: A guy with prior chemistry with the Sedins, and someone who just had a revitalized career year. If he brought us what we expected, his salary isn't even outrageous - though perhaps a bit of the 'ol UFA overpayment.  We all agree the term was too long, but most of us expected a few good years out of him before we felt the pain of that contract.

But he.  Did.  Nothing. Good lord - he scored on our own net immediately. I truly didn't expect that to be a metaphor for his entire time with us.

There were NO indications he was going to fall off a cliff like he did - but as soon as he got here he just seemed not to care at all about playing hard and to his ability. It's absolutely baffling to me. Like he was literally thinking: "Well, that's my one big contract.  Time to coast to the end of my career".

No we absolutely cannot have guys like that in the locker room. Calling out the coach and saying he didn't put trust in him?  Green gave him AMPLE opportunity, and placed him with almost every other player on the team to try to get him going.  At some point, you'd think with his 12th linemate he might consider looking inward. Say what you want about Green, but give credit where it is due - he really tried with Loui.

With his obvious disinterest in being with our team, combined with his assinine comments to the media - I have grown a significant dislike for this guy, and regret supporting him by thinking he was just having an "off year".  (And then another.  And another.)

See ya Loui. I'm sure you'll enjoy collecting those remaining unearned dollars.

Edited by kloubek
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Why don't we have a contest?  Who can write the nastiest most demeaning essay about how much they hate Loui and how much better a person they are than he is.

Grand prize is the smug satisfaction of getting away with it anonymously. 

Lol.

Pathetic.

Our team is turning a page. Time to get on board and support them.

I actually disagree with the Loui is lazy point of view.  I’ve stated this here more than once.  Loui is getting old.  It happens.  I’m sure he’s in shape, and trying his hardest, but age has got him.  His hands are gone.  His strength is gone.  He’s no longer an NHL player.  That doesn’t mean he isn’t trying his hardest.  That just means he’s not the player he once was.  

However, Loui (like almost all elite athletes) refuses to accept he’s done.  

Im sure JB tried to trade Loui.  No team will take him.  JB isn’t going to add picks and prospects for a team to take him.  Loui doesn’t have a NMC, so JB can put Loui on waivers, and send him to Utica.  Loui will not go play in the AHL.  Canucks will then terminate Loui’s contract.  Loui’s agent will see this coming, and advise Loui to mutually terminate the contract.  

Loui cannot go back into the Canuck’s room.  This entire scenario only leads to one conclusion.  Mutual contract termination, and Loui retires from the NHL.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I actually disagree with the Loui is lazy point of view.  I’ve stated this here more than once.  Loui is getting old.  It happens.  I’m sure he’s in shape, and trying his hardest, but age has got him.  His hands are gone.  His strength is gone.  He’s no longer an NHL player.  That doesn’t mean he isn’t trying his hardest.  That just means he’s not the player he once was.  

However, Loui (like almost all elite athletes) refuses to accept he’s done.  

Im sure JB tried to trade Loui.  No team will take him.  JB isn’t going to add picks and prospects for a team to take him.  Loui doesn’t have a NMC, so JB can put Loui on waivers, and send him to Utica.  Loui will not go play in the AHL.  Canucks will then terminate Loui’s contract.  Loui’s agent will see this coming, and advise Loui to mutually terminate the contract.  

Loui cannot go back into the Canuck’s room.  This entire scenario only leads to one conclusion.  Mutual contract termination, and Loui retires from the NHL.  

Ya, so the guy got 3 hits in a full season, and basically just floated around the ice until his shift was over.

Ex-NHL players make fun of him for being the most disengaged player they have ever seen.  

I call that laziness, he has done nothing to try to make himself useful to the team, and his “does the little things right” was really just the coach trying to take the heat off of him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ya, so the guy got 3 hits in a full season, and basically just floated around the ice until his shift was over.

Ex-NHL players make fun of him for being the most disengaged player they have ever seen.  

I call that laziness, he has done nothing to try to make himself useful to the team, and his “does the little things right” was really just the coach trying to take the heat off of him.

I can’t deny that ex NHL players can read the players way better than I can.  I guess I’m just trying to give Loui the benefit of the doubt.  He was a top player, and usually those guys are hyper competitive, and will give their best effort.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I can’t deny that ex NHL players can read the players way better than I can.  I guess I’m just trying to give Loui the benefit of the doubt.  He was a top player, and usually those guys are hyper competitive, and will give their best effort.  

He has four young kids... I have kids that age, and it can suck the will and energy right out of you...

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

You are the epitome of the negative fan. You will be left behind as the team moves on. Partner it's not about you and making negative points to feel good about yourself. It's about the fans that  have been here through thick and thin and are  looking forward to our rise back to prominence.

All the best. Hope you figure it out.

Geez I'm positive about everything else the Canucks are doing....it's When fans hack on Jim and Green about this whole mess is what ticks me off....Green has stood up for Loui and this is how he does him....that's b.s.

i got it figured out thx. Ha fans that been here through think and thin? Ha Loui reminds of Messier...you remember those days?.......I've been a fan for years through thick and thin. 

Your the one that came to a topic  you knew wouldn't be positive.....

I'll still be cheer the boys on come spring :towel:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Geez I'm positive about everything else the Canucks are doing....it's When fans hack on Jim and Green about this whole mess is what ticks me off....Green has stood up for Loui and this is how he does him....that's b.s.

i got it figured out thx. Ha fans that been here through think and thin? Ha Loui reminds of Messier...you remember those days?.......I've been a fan for years through thick and thin. 

Your the one that came to a topic  you knew wouldn't be positive.....

I'll still be cheer the boys on come spring :towel:

I also don’t understand trying to put this on JB and TG. Green’s communication has already been defended here in quotes and Loui’s agent has publicly defended JB’s. 

“I talk to Jim two to three times a week,” he tells Sportsnet650. “He’s a very good communicator.

“He’s trying to figure out his roster and we talk about Loui a lot. I suspect that there’ll be a few things that pop up.”

“Sometimes the chemistry isn’t right and Loui hasn’t played at the level he’s wanted to play in Vancouver. He’s gonna have to take some personal blame for it. If there’s something that makes sense, I’m sure Vancouver will look at it.”

JP Barry also puts some of this on Loui. So if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it sure as heck ain’t a moose. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Miller-EP-Boeser

Baer-Horvat-Pearson

Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen

Leivo-Sutter-Gaudette

Granlund, Motte

Eriksson has fallen from grace faster than a Comet.  He'll be in Utica if we can't find a taker.

I’d sure like to try Jake on Bo’s left wing.  Especially when Pod gets here in a couple. Two wingers, each shooting on their off wing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

I’d sure like to try Jake on Bo’s left wing.  Especially when Pod gets here in a couple. Two wingers, each shooting on their off wing. 

I'd also like to see how he does with Petey on the LW.  Eye test certainly suggest his offensive output would improve on the off wing.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bones said:

I also don’t understand trying to put this on JB and TG. Green’s communication has already been defended here in quotes and Loui’s agent has publicly defended JB’s. 

“I talk to Jim two to three times a week,” he tells Sportsnet650. “He’s a very good communicator.

“He’s trying to figure out his roster and we talk about Loui a lot. I suspect that there’ll be a few things that pop up.”

“Sometimes the chemistry isn’t right and Loui hasn’t played at the level he’s wanted to play in Vancouver. He’s gonna have to take some personal blame for it. If there’s something that makes sense, I’m sure Vancouver will look at it.”

JP Barry also puts some of this on Loui. So if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it sure as heck ain’t a moose. 

True...but it might be a platypus????  :P

platypus.jpeg.063f8420eb18bee8c6845f9e684afe52.jpeg

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Why don't we have a contest?  Who can write the nastiest most demeaning essay about how much they hate Loui and how much better a person they are than he is.

Grand prize is the smug satisfaction of getting away with it anonymously. 

Lol.

Pathetic.

Our team is turning a page. Time to get on board and support them.

Great to see fans that knows what is needed. The players needs fans that push them forward, not hang themselves. 

I probably get a few confused emojis for this... 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:33 PM, koregen said:

It's a bad situation with no easy way out. Truth is that the only guy to blame for the situation is Eriksson. I was excited that we signed him because he looked like a player that played hard, worked hard and contributed on a nightly basis. Sadly, as soon as he inked the contract he looked at it as a retirement package. He stopped trying he stopped skating despite given many opportunities to succeed in a top 6 role.

I mostly saw a player that was completely uninterested in taking risk or playing aggressive physical hockey. It seemed that most of the time he was just playing hot potato with the puck trying to hand it off to someone else to do the real work.

That being said he has been a very solid and reliable 3rd/4th line player for us.

His recent comments in Sweden in regards to not being given opportunities by the coach is BS. This tells me he is perhaps ready to come out of retirement and start playing hockey again. I would like to see this effort in a Canucks jersey, because we sure as heck paid him enough to show some effort.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should he ever be allowed to set foot in the Canucks dressing room again.   He is a bad example for our young players as he is a totally dis-interested, un-engaged, lazy good for nothing floater.  He should have never come to the Canucks in the first place and we should have seen the writing on the wall after his first game scoring on his own team!    He is a Cancer that must be removed!