The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Eriksson

Rate this topic

koregen

Just now, vannuck59 said:

Loui had his chances and didn't produce how many does he need. Decline in talent thats what happens to older hockey players

I've been all over this idea before on the Loui page, he produced at a lower top 6 rate with the Sedins if you actually check the stats. IMO Willie D messed this up to begin with, and Green should have just left Loui and Bo together. If for no other reason than his stats would be better and he'd be far more tradable. 

But it is what it is. Very little point in re-hashing what old lines coulda shoulda been. 

Loui didn't do himself any favours with his complaining, thats for sure. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yes there are a lot of 'haters' I don't disagree there, social media is a toilet. 

But look at it this way: Green is trying to build a culture where everyone digs in and does their job. Now you have a 'star' openly complaining about his ice time and how he's used. So if Green allows that, then why not allow everyone else to complain?

I don't disagree with Loui, I do think he's been mis-used somewhat, but I don't agree that he should have complained publicly. He should have simply requested a trade. 

If Green/Benning wants a culture where everyone digs in and do their job it needs that Green/Benning guard their players. Even if a player makes a fool of himself or just as Loui did, talked honestly with a journalist. 

The players need to know the bosses watch their back all the time. 

14 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If Green/Benning wants a culture where everyone digs in and do their job it needs that Green/Benning guard their players. Even if a player makes a fool of himself or just as Loui did, talked honestly with a journalist. 

maybe its a cultural thing, but thats not really how it works here if guys make a stink in the media. Your coach will have your back if the effort is there, and its clear that for whatever reason Green didn't think it was. He wouldn't have benched Loui for a game otherwise. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The only problem here is if Green doesn't communicate with his players. If he just bench them he's a bad coach. 

This was posted when you were here with your former incarnation so surprised you don't remember it:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/ferraro-travis-green-is-a-great-communicator-innovative-progressive-1.734502

From that you will get the word "great communicator" a number of times including this:

Something that Ferraro talks about is the reason he is able to get through to so many different players is because he has been so many different types of players throughout his life. He was always a great communicator but on top of that he has been the, lazy offensive scoring guy, the grind it out and play defence guy, the hard working guy, etc. He is very innovative in his thinking because he has personally been through it all and understands how to communicate and get to the kid.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It goes both ways.  If Loui wants Green to back him then he shouldn't be airing his grievances in public with the general media regardless of where, what language,or what format. 

Green was brought up and mentored by the old-school guard - what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.  Green has never thrown anyone under the bus or tried to undermine anyone publicly.  He has made his players accountable to him, their teammates, and the organization however, which is completely different than what Loui seems to be doing.  Ask anyone and they'll tell you one of Green's strengths is communication - it's one of the attributes that got him hired in Utica to begin with. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The only problem here is if Green doesn't communicate with his players. If he just bench them he's a bad coach. 

I heard Canuck's management, after the Loui comments become public, say that Loui had been saying similar things all year.  So there was communication, and for the whole year.  When Loui was questioned by the Swedish reporters about his poor production this season, Loui defended himself by placing blame on the way he was used by the coach. That's why I keep saying Loui is a proud guy.  That's why I really don't think Loui will report to Utica. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard Canuck's management, after the Loui comments become public, say that Loui had been saying similar things all year.  So there was communication, and for the whole year.  When Loui was questioned by the Swedish reporters about his poor production this season, Loui defended himself by placing blame on the way he was used by the coach. That's why I keep saying Loui is a proud guy.  That's why I really don't think Loui will report to Utica. 

If he won't go to Utica lend him to the Shl then anything just get him out of Canucks jersey....I haven't lost so much respect for player since Messier was here....

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This was posted when you were here with your former incarnation so surprised you don't remember it:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/ferraro-travis-green-is-a-great-communicator-innovative-progressive-1.734502

From that you will get the word "great communicator" a number of times including this:

Something that Ferraro talks about is the reason he is able to get through to so many different players is because he has been so many different types of players throughout his life. He was always a great communicator but on top of that he has been the, lazy offensive scoring guy, the grind it out and play defence guy, the hard working guy, etc. He is very innovative in his thinking because he has personally been through it all and understands how to communicate and get to the kid.

So, who were I before I was me? 

If he communicates before benching itvs no problem at all. Didn't you read what I wrote? 

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Except the players do know that Green will back them up. He's on the media all the time defending players getting hounded by the media.

The players need to also deserve to be defended. If you don't put in the work, why should you be defended?

51 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

It goes both ways.  If Loui wants Green to back him then he shouldn't be airing his grievances in public with the general media regardless of where, what language,or what format. 

Green was brought up and mentored by the old-school guard - what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.  Green has never thrown anyone under the bus or tried to undermine anyone publicly.  He has made his players accountable to him, their teammates, and the organization however, which is completely different than what Loui seems to be doing.  Ask anyone and they'll tell you one of Green's strengths is communication - it's one of the attributes that got him hired in Utica to begin with. 

Great what you say about Green.  :)

Regarding watch their backs Benning is the problem with his interviews. It seems as he forgets hevs a GM now and not a scout. 

One thing I don't know though is if Loui has to check with management before being interviewed. 

Just now, The Lock said:

Except the players do know that Green will back them up. He's on the media all the time defending players getting hounded by the media.

The players need to also deserve to be defended. If you don't put in the work, why should you be defended?

I've nothing bad to say about Green except gameplan/strategy. But when I talk about that they say it's because the rebuild. I still want to winregardless of rebuild. 

46 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

If he won't go to Utica lend him to the Shl then anything just get him out of Canucks jersey....I haven't lost so much respect for player since Messier was here....

Let him not report to Utica then you can terminate his contact for failure to report to the team

• Upvote 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

I've nothing bad to say about Green except gameplan/strategy. But when I talk about that they say it's because the rebuild. I still want to winregardless of rebuild. 

And that's fine. That's the drive the team should have even during a rebuild and, thankfully, it appears to be the drive the team has. They play hard every night despite losing which is a really good sign of things to come.

Unfortunately, Eriksson has been the opposite. He's looked like one of the most demotivated players in the entire league the past couple of years. While I can understand him not being happy, it is still up to him to want to try and win, but that's not really how he's played. This is why we are in the situation we are in. Ultimately, as a player, you are in control of how you play and whether or not you have determination each game. If you don't then don't expect sympathy if you complain about the coach. lol

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You've called Green weak.....I guess that's a compliment in your books? Nothing bad to say about Green.....your so full of B.S.  

Edited by RowdyCanuck

Just now, The Lock said:

Unfortunately, Eriksson has been the opposite. He's looked like one of the most demotivated players in the entire league the past couple of years.

And you have another fan in this thread that say the opposite. That he competes every night... Who`s right?