The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which NBA team does the big name free agents sign with?

Gator

Who signs where?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If they know for sure Kawhi isn't coming there I think the Lakers would be better fit spending that money on mid level players. Pick from DLO, reddick, Beverly, green, Lopez, plus the others who will be available. Please for the love of God stay away from butler, dudes a head case 

12 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I don't believe tampering applys to players. Only management if I remember correctly. Players try and recruit each other all the time. There are reports that suggest LBJwas recruiting Leonard during the finals

Kawhi next year

Clippers - 1st or 2nd round exit

Raptors - chance at a repeat, but It will be tough to beat out the 76ers and Bucks with no real superstar playing along side of him. He needed a lot of minutes in the playoffs for the Raptors to make that run. Kawhi fatigues more than most so I'm not sure he will be able to carry a team to 2 consecutive championships (skill having absolutely nothing to do with it)

Lakers - Championship, ability to take time off without skipping a beat, home sweet home. It's like a match made in heaven. However if he doesn't go to Lakers I hope he goes to my 2nd team the Raptors :)

Players can be hit with tampering... This happened just after the first James/Davis news tidbits hit.... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/nba/2018/12/28/anti-tampering-memo-nba-lebron-james-anthony-davis

And I don't see how it'll be that hard to not repeat. Sixers may be an issue but like Kawhi, the Bucks only have one superstar and his name is Giannis. .

What the Raptors will have is the confidence of a championship, veteran leadership, a rapidly improving FVV and Pascal Siakam + a healthy OG. Kawhi returning also likely means Danny Green returns. A team that wasn't together last September will be together all season next year and could be lethal in the East. I think Kawhi's smartest move is to sign another 1 + 1. If the Raps fall apart next year, he leaves for LA but at least he gets to defend his title.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

If they know for sure Kawhi isn't coming there I think the Lakers would be better fit spending that money on mid level players. Pick from DLO, reddick, Beverly, green, Lopez, plus the others who will be available. Please for the love of God stay away from butler, dudes a head case 

Isn’t Butler heading to Huston?  I thought I heard that? 

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

DLO is a beast, but idk if he would want to come back to the Lakers. Go after Beverly and Green imo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Ya, but KD is going to be out for a while and who knows the type of player he will be when he is back. Maybe if they're together after next year they could make some noise?

If I’m the Nets I’m sticking with Russel tbh and building around him. 

KD - Knicks

Kawhi - Raptors

Klay - Warriors

Kyrie - Nets

Cousins - Lakers

Kemba - Lakers

Butler - Sixers

Harris - Knicks

Porzingis - Dallas 

Russell - Celtics

Middleton - Bucks

Horford - Celtics

Rose - Celtics

Reddick - Sixers

Lopez - Bucks

Edited by shiznak

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

If Leonard goes to the Lakers, are they then the favourites for the championship?  

No Alf, but they are the faves for over exposure like the Leafs :)

In fact they'll do a double header on Xmas Day featuring the Lakers against two different teams ;/

Edited by 6string

12 hours ago, Pears said:

So what will they do for depth if they do that? They need a guard more than Leonard. 

Good god. We could be the guards on that team and they would still win it all. Kawhi is in play for the Lakers, don't believe the Clipper junk. It's going to be Tor or Lakers. 

• Upvote 1

Anthony Davis gave away his 4 million dollar trade kicker and the Lakers traded away 3 young depth guys for a max slot. Now the Lakers had said they would only do this if they thought someone was coming. So it's either Kyrie or Kawhi on the way for the purp and gold. 

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Anthony Davis gave away his 4 million dollar trade kicker and the Lakers traded away 3 young depth guys for a max slot. Now the Lakers had said they would only do this if they thought someone was coming. So it's either Kyrie or Kawhi on the way for the purp and gold. 

And I can almost guarantee it isn't Irving :)

3 hours ago, Van40 said:

Good god. We could be the guards on that team and they would still win it all. Kawhi is in play for the Lakers, don't believe the Clipper junk. It's going to be Tor or Lakers. 

Except nearly every report has been he’ll choose the Raptors or Clippers. Lakers fans are just trying to look for something that isn’t there. 

5 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

And when has Smith been right about anything? He now knows what it’s like to be the guy on a team and I highly doubt he’d want to be #3 on the Lakers behind LeBron and AD. 

18 minutes ago, Pears said:

Except nearly every report has been he’ll choose the Raptors or Clippers. Lakers fans are just trying to look for something that isn’t there. 

Old coach of Rob Pelinka coached Kawhi aswell. 
-Grew up in a Lakers supporting family. 
-New Balance who are in business with Klutch prefer LA
-Magic is friends with Uncle Dennis (there is a reason Kawhi was hanging out in Magic's VIP section at the Dodger game last yr)
-Worked out with Kobe and Lebron in the offseason 

Kawhi's quad issue is a big deal too. He might not be in the league in 6-7 years. 

Time to be a part of the greatest team ever!