The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which NBA team does the big name free agents sign with?

Gator

Who signs where?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Old coach of Rob Pelinka coached Kawhi aswell. 
-Grew up in a Lakers supporting family. 
-New Balance who are in business with Klutch prefer LA
-Magic is friends with Uncle Dennis (there is a reason Kawhi was hanging out in Magic's VIP section at the Dodger game last yr)
-Worked out with Kobe and Lebron in the offseason 

Kawhi's quad issue is a big deal too. He might not be in the league in 6-7 years. 

Time to be a part of the greatest team ever!

A tweet from nearly a year ago lol. He’s seriously considering the Raptors from a source with a track record better than Stephen A. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pears said:

A tweet from nearly a year ago lol. He’s seriously considering the Raptors from a source with a track record better than Stephen A. 

Stephen A’s sources are his pet goldfish.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Van40 said:

Old coach of Rob Pelinka coached Kawhi aswell. 
-Grew up in a Lakers supporting family. 
-New Balance who are in business with Klutch prefer LA
-Magic is friends with Uncle Dennis (there is a reason Kawhi was hanging out in Magic's VIP section at the Dodger game last yr)
-Worked out with Kobe and Lebron in the offseason 

Kawhi's quad issue is a big deal too. He might not be in the league in 6-7 years. 

Time to be a part of the greatest team ever!

Well if people want to speculate.......

Kawhi took a free trip to the Barbados, if he re-sign with Toronto, and in Marc Gasol’s press conference, one reporter asked how does Kawhi’s decisions reflect on him staying? With Marc opting to stay, it’s most likely the team knows Kawhi is staying at least one more year to defend the Championship. There’s also the Raptors series “open gym” coming out on July 1st, the day after free agency opens and there was a tease of Kawhi doing a new sit-down interview. Some speculate, it’s him announcing he’s staying.

There’s a theory out there, that he’s going to sign for at least one more year, with an option. That will give him 10 years of service in the NBA, where he can get even more money then what he can sign for now. 

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

I told yall, Stephen A, a Knicks fan don't even want Cousins. 

Cousins looks like one of those chubby guys, who has a lot of talent, but might lake the internal desire to be his best.  When things get tough, how tough is he?  

6 hours ago, shiznak said:

Well if people want to speculate.......

Kawhi took a free trip to the Barbados, if he re-sign with Toronto, and in Marc Gasol’s press conference, one reporter asked how does Kawhi’s decisions reflect on him staying? With Marc opting to stay, it’s most likely the team knows Kawhi is staying at least one more year to defend the Championship. There’s also the Raptors series “open gym” coming out on July 1st, the day after free agency opens and there was a tease of Kawhi doing a new sit-down interview. Some speculate, it’s him announcing he’s staying.

There’s a theory out there, that he’s going to sign for at least one more year, with an option. That will give him 10 years of service in the NBA, where he can get even more money then what he can sign for now. 

With Kawhi's injury history he is NOT signing a 1 year deal

29 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

With Kawhi's injury history he is NOT signing a 1 year deal

It’s a one and one deal, with guaranteed money.

That’s like saying no one is going to offer KD the max, known he might not be the same player once coming back, a year from now. 

It’s going to happen.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

It’s a one and one deal, with guaranteed money.

That’s like saying no one is going to offer KD the max, known he might not be the same player once coming back, a year from now. 

It’s going to happen.

If Kawhi sings for any less than 4 years I will be shocked

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Like I've been saying all year, the Clippers were a media created hype job and the casual fans bought it cause of Woj lmao.

You don't sign with the Clippers when you grew up a Lakers fan lol. It's deffiently between the Raptors and Lakers (my 2 favorite teams). Im hoping its the Lakers, i just cant see him staying in Canada. They did everything they could to keep him, but a man wants what a man wants, and that's to go home and play for his Lakers :)

I would say Lakers 70% chance, Raptors 25% chance, and Clippers 0%. 5% chance he signs somewhere else with KD or Kyrie

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

You don't sign with the Clippers when you grew up a Lakers fan lol. It's deffiently between the Raptors and Lakers (my 2 favorite teams). Im hoping its the Lakers, i just cant see him staying in Canada. They did everything they could to keep him, but a man wants what a man wants, and that's to go home and play for his Lakers :)

I would say Lakers 70% chance, Raptors 25% chance, and Clippers 0%. 5% chance he signs somewhere else with KD or Kyrie

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

SAS is a clown that makes me want to shoot myself every time he yells when he is talking about sports (all the time). And his sources suck, he is flip flopping all the time.

Sports talk shows are the worst. They don't even pretend to be objective anymore. Its all about generating click bait. This business with Lavar Ball hasn't helped ESPN's image lately either. Loud mouthed buffoons like Lavar frequently repeat the very last thing they heard. Nobody really believes that it was a come on. Now they have made a victim out of him, and in the process given him even more attention.

They have been talking KD and the Knicks forever when Brooklyn always makes sense. On one side you have JZ and an oligarch in Prokhorov and then on the other side you have bumbling James Dolan and the stench of years of failure resulting from sheer ineptitude. Has anyone's reputation not suffered as a result of associating themselves with the Knicks? 

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@Toews

listening to CBS sport’s radio.  They are saying Leonard is taking a couple days to decide, but there is a potential he goes to the Lakers.  I sure hope he stays up here.  

Kawhi is in a unique position where he won't take too much of a beating regardless of where he goes. I personally will be disappointed if he jumps on the bandwagon with Lebron but that is only because I believe he will be doing a disservice to his legacy. Both KD and Lebron have shown a tendency to taking the easy way out. We can only hope Kawhi is different.