The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

On 6/30/2019 at 7:38 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

4.6 – Buyouts

There are two separate one week buyout periods, one from June 20th-27th and one from Sept.23rd-30th. During these buyout periods, teams can buy players out of their contracts if they so desire. Any teams buying out a contract will incur a cap hit of 33% of the players annual salary for each remaining year of the contract. Players must clear unconditional waivers before they can be bought out.

So if im reading this correctly, if i buy out Quick ill only have a cap hit of 2.64M for the 3 years remaining on his deal?

So it doesnt extend beyond those 3 years at all?

Maple Leafs has a lot of cap space heading into FA. We are open to take on some short term cap dumps to acquire picks for the next couple of drafts. 

As the new GM of the Maple Leafs I seen a big opportunity to make a big splash. We already had the #1 pick when I took over and we pulled off a huge deal for #3 by sending Thomas Chabot, and Josh Bailey to Columbus. We also shipped Larkin to MTL for Nolan Patrick and #19, which we then moved up to #14 and got Connor Zary!

I see a very bright future ahead after acquiring Lafreniere, Byfield, and Zary via draft. We feel we will have a very solid core capable of bringing this team into cup contention in 2 to 3 years and feel now is the time to load up take on these cap dumps to help us fill the cupboards with picks that could potentially put us over the top in a few years on their cheap ELCs

So if theres a guy you really want heading into free agency, and you need to clear some space, dont hesitate to pm me!

Looking to add 1st and 2nd round picks in next 2 drafts!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, da.moose said:

@canuck2xtreme

Are we going to consider moving to a format that keeps waivers in effect year round? It really makes no sense for teams to have the freedom to just assign NHL players to the minors before the season starts.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I won't have an opinion until we are out of the off season now. We have always been able to move our players around as we see fit until Waivers goes into effect before seasons start.

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I won't have an opinion until we are out of the off season now. We have always been able to move our players around as we see fit until Waivers goes into effect before seasons start.

can confirm for newer folks, has always been a feature of GML, and while I am open to change or stay the same, doesn't matter to me: May I suggest that if we are to change, we do so once the cap freeze is lifted, or least next summer once all teams have figured out how to live in the stalled cap era. That is all i got on the subject,  cheers all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

So this being my first free agency in GML, are there any rules that I should be aware of?

Offers can begin at 12:01am.  Don't expect an answer right away.  We usually take a day or two to collect offers and gauge the market before agents start responding.  And don't panic if you can't get your offers in right away.  Some people are at work, some are in different time zones etc.  We don't give any offers extra merit because they were submitted first.

The most important rule?  Don't steal my targets :P

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Offers can begin at 12:01am.  Don't expect an answer right away.  We usually take a day or two to collect offers and gauge the market before agents start responding.  And don't panic if you can't get your offers in right away.  Some people are at work, some are in different time zones etc.  We don't give any offers extra merit because they were submitted first.

The most important rule?  Don't steal my targets :P

Do we submit one player at a time? Or give a list? Is there a limit of players that we can offer at once?

I'm asking here in case the other newbies here want this information as well.

Edited by theo5789