The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

4 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I have to admit, reading down the thread just now, reading connor zary at 24th overall IRL compared to your pick i was like OH NO, Brock Bo punted that out of bounds! but in fairness i totally forgot you alrady had number 1 and 2 overall, lucky! haha. I had zary even further down than the NHL did haha...but the main reason I am quoting you is that yeah: this GML draft night is the best night of the year for hockey in my books. Still sad i missed it, but next year is my jam! Sisu. that is all. 

I had my eyes set on Jack Quinn and after he went the pick before me i kind of panic picked Zary. Still love his potential, but defiently a couple better options i could have went for.

I'll be a hell of a lot more prepared for the next draft lol

Edited by Brock Botanen

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:
NHL/GML DRAFT RESULTS: (TOP 11-20)

16) Montreal Canadiens  KAIDEN  GUHLE - PRINCE ALBERT (WHL)  [Drafted by  small.png  Rush17 - 15th OA]  -1
20) New Jersey Devils  SHAKIR  MUKHAMADULLIN - UFA (MHL)  [Drafted by  small.png  Rush17 - 65th OA]   +45

Very happy to welcome Kaiden and Shakir to our organization. We are very happy with their landing spots moving forward. We took a risk taking Shakir at 65 as a lot of pro scouts aren't sure if he will pan out. He certainly is a boom or bust D but when we saw him sliding to us we knew we had to keep our pick and make the selection! Good to have another NHL franchise agree with my assessment and think so highly of him. I definitely thought he had high upside when we drafted him but seeing him go 20th OA was even a bit of a shock to us. We were honestly expecting him to go around 24-35. So this a welcomed surprise lol.

Guhle in MTL is exciting - we know he will be developed properly and be given every chance to succeed. Our hope is he returns to Jr next season and gets some additional XP under his belt. Shakir is doing great in the KHL this season and we hope he takes this year and next to refine his game before coming over to our farm team. NJ is a fantastic landing spot for him we feel. They will work with him and turn him into a solid defender I am sure. The ceiling is high for both of these players and we hope to see them one day dawning Blue Jacket jerseys!

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Random thought.  I hope someone signs Patrick Marleau in the NHL, and he plays at least 45 games next season.

Why?

Because he's 45 games away from passing Gordie Howe for number one ALL TIME for most games played in the NHL.  And that would be cool as f. 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/history/leaders/_/stat/gamesplayed

No kidding, would be a huge shame if he doesn't break the record at this point -- especially when he already would have reached it if not for lockouts <_<

oh and if u hover over the "own pick or via trade" it shows which teams pick was used. kinda fun i just learned Ivan Morozov who I acquired this off-season was actually drafted with CBJ's 2018 4th round pick lol. happy to bring him where he belongs :D
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

WAIVERS: The St. Louis Blues have claimed Andrej Sekera from the Arizona Coyotes via waivers.

The Blues are happy to add some more Depth to the Defence for upcoming Season. 

Korbinian Holzer´s future is uncertein, he could move back to Europe. If Hutton will re-sign with the Blues , we should be good .

Not sure if Seider wil lget a shot in the NHL, he was loaned to Mannheim but the German league set the Start for probably December cuz of Covid-19.

Now it could be that Moritz will Play in Sweden untill NHL Starts .

15 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I had my eyes set on Jack Quinn and after he went the pick before me i kind of panic picked Zary. Still love his potential, but defiently a couple better options i could have went for.

I'll be a hell of a lot more prepared for the next draft lol

well for my teams sake i hope this draft wasn't your 'offyear' haha you nailed it

• Haha 1

We did well.  Only 4 players were selected that were not taken in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.

Dmitri Rashevsky  (NSH)  Pick 62 (GML)
Simon Kubicek  (PHI)  Pick 123 (GML)
Theo Rochette (TB)  Pick 108 (GML)
Pavel Gogolev  (VGK)  Pick 82 (GML)

Some of these guys will get a another crack at it next season. Very surprised to see Rochette fall so hard off the map. Happy to see Pashin finally get selected at pick 199. The gml draft database is updated ( i believe fully - if you see any errors let me know).

Happy to announce that every draft pick of my Sharks, was picked at an earlier pick in the NHL draft.

Pretty successful on the surface, but of course, none of us will know the truth for a few years.

Here’s hoping I picked winning lotto tickets!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1