The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

38 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

GML Fantasy inside the Fantasy Hockey Contest.

Congrats to Azzy and Sergei Bobrovsky on making the finals in one of the best and hardest Fantasy Leagues not only on CDC, but Nationwide. You are both winners already, but there can be only one.

One last time folks: Detroit or Nashville? 

Mike Vanderhoek has already secured the top spot, however with these final two points, 2nd and 3rd are up for grabs for these inaugural "Fantasy inside the Fantasy" braggin rights. 

Current Standings Leaderboard
Mike Vanderhoek 34
Primal Optimist 30
Rush17 29
Dak Prescott 28
Master Mind 28
C2X 28
Sergei Bobrovsky 20
Bombastic Der Teutone 16
Azzy: 14
aGENT 11
Theo5789 7
Finals Picks:
Theo: Detroit
MM: Nashville
Rush: Nashville
P.O>: Nashville

Mike's pick:

Nashville!

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Hey @Rush17, you got nothing to lose picking Detroit. If they pull an upset, then you can jump into a tie for 2nd! Join me on the dark side!

I think there should be odds for picking Detroit. Like 30:1 odds, so I still have a chance at 1st place!

I voted for Nashville for GM of the year. I love what he has done with his club - I can't turn on him now. 

Plus... i want to crack 30 lol :lol:.  I may not be a 30 goal scorer but I will certainly try to be a 30 fantasy point getter.

Spoiler

My GM votes were

1) Nashville

2) (if not for NSH) Tie between WPG/NJ   (all 3 made it to a conference final).

They should all be proud. I slept on DET to what a hell of a team.

Edited by Rush17

7 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I voted for Nashville for GM of the year. I love what he has done with his club - I can't turn on him now. 

Plus... i want to crack 30 lol :lol:.  I may not be a 30 goal scorer but I will certainly try to be a 30 fantasy point getter.

Reveal hidden contents

My GM votes were

1) Nashville

2) (if not for NSH) Tie between WPG/NJ   (all 3 made it to a conference final).

They should all be proud. I slept on DET to what a hell of a team.

Sorry @Azzy, I did my best to rally more support. I guess it's just you and me against the world!

thelma and louise remix GIF

• Haha 3

2020 Stanley Cup Finals - Wikipedia

Welcome to the GML Cup Finals! We have seen 22 teams eliminated up to this point. We now enter the finals of what has been a historic playoffs and here we see two new faces in the finals. Last season the Vancouver Canucks won the GML Cup after a long grueling series. The architect behind that team has returned as the GM of the Red Wings and has quickly turned that franchise into a Cup contender. The sleepy Nashville Predators who finished 23rd in the League last season now sit as the favorites heading into these finals. It is truly remarkable how fast these GML teams can become contenders. These finals will mark the conclusion of GML's 11th Fantasy Season here on CDC! It is a pleasure to be here with you all.

Lets bring you some GML Finals Coverage!

Welcome to then Edmonton bubble fans!

Maple Leafs, Oilers won't have edge as Qualifier hosts, Bettman says

WESTERN CONFERENCE 2020 Round Robin & Play-In Matchups!

https://www.pickuphockey.com/

Login: CDCGML 2020 Playoffs

Password: CDCGML

League History: Archives Link Here

zmxVCrA.png                                                                                                                     
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  EAST SERIES 1 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

GML CUP FINALS

East #1 det.png    VS    Nashville_Predators_70.png #4 West

DET                        NSH

Points                    Points

TOP PLAYERS  (2 F's, 2 D, 1 G)

Forward 1  small.png   Coleman, Blake (C)  74   154  Kucherov, Nikita (RW)   small.png  Forward 1  
  Forward 2  small.png   Janmark, Mattias (C)  61   133  Point, Brayden (C)   small.png  Forward 2  
  Defenceman 1  small.png   Coburn, Braydon (D)  2   38  Perry, Corey (RW)   small.png  Forward 3  
  Defenceman 2  small.png   None   86  Sergachev, Mikhail (D)   small.png  Defenceman 1  
  Goalie 1  small.png   None   0  McKenzie, Curtis (LW)   small.png  Depth Forward  
  GM: Azzy           GM: Sergei Bobrovsky  

RECENT PLAYOFF RESULTS

2018-19 Playoffs   Lost Quarter-Finals   Did Not Qualify   2019-20 Playoffs  
  2017-18 Playoffs   Lost Quarter-Finals   Lost Semi-Finals   2018-19 Playoffs  
  2016-17 Playoffs   Did Not Qualify   Did Not Qualify   2017-18 Playoffs  

0%                 0%         

Wishing you both the best in the finals!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

List of Stanley Cup champions - Wikipedia

Round by round eliminations with all teams postseason point totals

GML CUP FINALS  
  GML CHAMPION     GML FINALIST  
      TBD     small.png   DETROIT (1)        
            small.png  NASHVILLE (4)       

Round of 4 (Lost Conference-Finals)  

small.png NEW JERSEY (3)     small.png WINNIPEG (2)      
      706     883      
  Play-In + Round 1-3 Totals     Play-In + Round 1-3 Totals  

Round of 8 (Lost Semi-Finals)  

small.png BOSTON (5)   small.png BUFFALO (7)     small.png VANCOUVER (1)   small.png ARIZONA (3)  
  366   478     641   581  
  Play-In + Rounds 1-2 Totals     Play-In + Rounds 1-2 Totals  

Round of 16 (Lost Quarter-Finals)  

small.png WASHINGTON (2)   small.png FLORIDA (4)     small.png DALLAS (5)   small.png LOS ANGELES (6)  
  412   268     296   281  

small.png COLUMBUS (6)   small.png MONTREAL (8)     small.png SAN JOSE (7)   small.png ANAHEIM (8)  
  530   228     280   269  
  Play-In + Round 1 Totals     Play-In + Round 1 Totals  

ROUND OF 24 (Lost Play-In Qualifiers)  

small.png OTTAWA (9)   small.png CAROLINA (10)     small.png CALGARY (6)   small.png COLORADO (7)  
  107   172     124   166  

small.png PITTSBURGH (11)   small.png PHILADELPHIA (12)     small.png ST LOUIS (8)   small.png EDMONTON (12)  
  141   168     127   74  
  Play-In Totals     Play-In Totals  

Point totals are collected at the end of each round and include play-in and all playoff rounds.(updated Sept 18th)

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1

image.jpeg.d03aede55b50ad95f2439a9c7b5f36ce.jpegNew Jersey Devils 2019/20 season Post-Mortem......

First off I'd like to thank @canuck2xtreme for keeping the League running smoothly in a no doubt challenging year for if not most of us, all of us in some way or another. I appreciate all our member's time this season, while bizarre in ways it was quite an enjoyable season of play here so thanks everybody for the time, chit chat, negotiations and competitive fun!

The Devils finished the season losing in the Eastern Conference Finals to @Azzy Red Wings......not happy or complacent about coming up short of our goal to win, but pride ourselves on a very strong season. The Devils finished first in overall league standings collecting the organization's 3rd Presidents Trophy as well as our 5th Division title.

The club also collected it's first James Norris Memorial Trophy thanks to an out of this world campaign by defenseman John Carlson. The club also earned it's 8th Maurice " Rocket " Richard Trophy this season thanks to Alexander Ovechkin's 7th ( Corey Perry was the first winner of the trophy by a Devils player ).

Most meaningful and humbling was to co-win the Darren "Wilb" Wilby Memorial for GM of the Year with @canuck2xtreme. There were so many great stories this year of GMs making their mark and I can see the West is on the verge of an explosion with GMs like @aGENT, @Canuck Surfer seemingly waiting in the weeds as their clubs improve. @Sergei Bobrovsky in Nashville obviously pushing through this year and making his mark.  While teams like @greensman Bruins ( model GM right there ) have been patient in developing and are starting to add pieces to push into contendership on an annual basis and @Rush17 becoming a bigger and bigger threat out East. I still think the moves made by @canuck2xtreme in Winnipeg this season were sick to say the least, GM of the Year right there.

New Jersey having spent season after season mortgaging youth and a regular Entry Draft absentee will be working hard to inject more youth, impactful youth into the lineup while possibly building up our Entry Draft presence in an effort to shape and mold the club's core moving forward while maintaining the ability to contend on a year in and year out basis. Having the next few seasons of uncertainty or at the least a " flat cap " reality it will be imperative that New Jersey moves to utilize cap space and gain more flexibility in that regard. 

Having said all that, you can expect to see the Devils likely move out a larger contract or two in the coming days leading up to the Draft and Free Agency while placing an emphasis on getting younger and bringing in solid youth ( because nobody else thought of this yet right I know ). The Devils are definitely open for business and will be in a position to take on cap in any deals. 

There is a lot of work to be done in a short amount of time to be ready to compete and contend for next season. Thanks for the read.

• Cheers 4

2020 Stanley Cup Finals - Wikipedia

GML Cup Finals  
  small.png DETROIT (1 E)   small.png  NASHVILLE (4 W)  
  0 Points VS 0 Points  
  Series Begins Sept 19th, @ 4:30pm PST  
   Coleman, Blake (C)  74  F  154  Kucherov, Nikita (RW )   
   Janmark, Mattias (C)  61  F  133  Point, Brayden (C)   
   Coburn, Braydon (D)   D  38  Perry, Corey (RW)   
    No Player Available   D  86  Sergachev, Mikhail (D)   
    No Player Available   G  0  McKenzie, Curtis (LW  
                  GM: Azzy                                GM: Sergei Bobrovsky  
  0% % 0%  
  GML Predictions  

May the best team win.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/10/2020 at 8:07 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Edmonton Oilers.

To EDM:

small.png Ryan McDonagh

small.png Brett Leason

To CBJ:

small.png Nicolas Hague

small.png Ivan Morozov

One big deal done. Thanks again to @Canuck Surfer for coming to us with this offer. This deal has triggered a string of moves that have helped our club improve immensely. We look forward to a fun off-season and we wish @Azzy and @Sergei Bobrovsky all the best in the finals!

• Cheers 3

TRADE COMPLETION: The ANA 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection acquired by New Jersey is awarded to the St. Louis Blues in accordance with the future considerations from this trade.

To NJ: Daniel Sprong

To STL: Juona Luoto, Future Considerations

FC - The next 2nd Round Pick to come into NJ's possession is transferred to STL.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1