The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

Been really looking over my team today, and started getting into my 2021 & 2022 draft rankings. Have my eyes set on 2023-24 as the year i really feel we can make a serious push. Better watch out guys, this new Maple Leafs GM is no joke :ph34r:

:bigblush:

logo10_18_55930.png

logo10_18_62450.png

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Cheers 2

On 6/30/2019 at 7:38 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

4.2 - Restricted Free Agents

Players who have played fewer than 7 seasons OR are younger than 27 years of age are Restricted Free Agents.

Brogan Rafferty is showing as a UFA in 2022-23, but only has 2 GP in the NHL. Not sure if the 2 games counts as a season played (or if his 1 AHL season counts), but regardless he should be a RFA as he wouldnt have 7 seasons under his belt.

Any chance you can check this out for me when you have some free time @canuck2xtreme?

Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Brogan Rafferty is showing as a UFA in 2022-23, but only has 2 GP in the NHL. Not sure if the 2 games counts as a season played (or if his 1 AHL season counts), but regardless he should be a RFA as he wouldnt have 7 seasons under his belt.

Any chance you can check this out for me when you have some free time @canuck2xtreme?

Thanks in advance!

I think this it’s likely that he’s 27 or over at the end of the contract

(had the same question about Merzlikins)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ThatMike said:

I think this it’s likely that he’s 27 or over at the end of the contract

(had the same question about Merzlikins)

Yea he will be 27, but the way thats worded is he should be a RFA. If it "AND" instead of "OR" than he would be a UFA (depending on birthday cutoff)

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

Yea he will be 27, but the way thats worded is he should be a RFA. If it "AND" instead of "OR" than he would be a UFA (depending on birthday cutoff)

I think it's one or the other. So 27 is the cutoff age. Anyone 27 or older will be UFA. But someone could be younger than 27 and have had played 7 NHL seasons and they would be UFA as well. So Rafferty is 27 in May 2022 which will be before July 1st, the typical free agency date, therefore it makes sense that he's UFA.

That's how I interpret it anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:17 PM, Brock Botanen said:

Maple Leafs are placing Drake Caggiula & Brad Richardson on waivers.

Maple Leafs call up the following players...

Alexis Lafreniere

Nolan Patrick

Phoenix Copley

Brogan Rafferty

@canuck2xtreme

Maple Leafs would also like to call up Quinton Byfield to the big club.

We currently have about $11,000,000 in cap space and looking to take on some cap dumps for picks. If you want to free up space dont hesitate to reach out!

MAPLE LEAFS LINEUP (atm)...

Screenshot_20201018-233939_Sheets.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/15/2020 at 3:50 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed Josh Maniscalco to a three year deal.

small.png Josh Maniscalco - 3 year, $3.9 million dollar contract. ($1.3 million per season)

On 10/15/2020 at 3:51 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed Drew O'Connor to a three year deal.

small.png Drew O'Connor - 3 year, $4.5 million dollar contract. ($1.5 million per season)

We had two or four college targets.  Missed out on one.  Hopefully still in on another, will get on getting in on some more...  :unsure::wub: 

Drew was our top LW target, our opinion the best college LW available.  Big, can skate, win battles, score. We believe two of O'Connor, Grig Denisenko & Tyler Benson will be patrolling our 2knd & 3rd line LW in the near future.  The 3rd soon after.  Really helps our prospect pool!

Josh Maniscalco was a guy I wish the Canucks landed.  They have the exact same need as us.  Only one legit RHD in our main line up ATM. A big shot D who plays all situations.  Seemed mobile in college, a nice touch & hits. Hopefully he can keep up with Syd & Geno in Pitt. This will be a big win if he can catch on. Our best RHD prospect, albeit not necessarily our most NHL ready? Very happy to get this player, Thanks C2X!

• Like 1