The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

2 hours ago, wloutet said:

It is October 1st, 2021. Make a guess what the starting lineup might be. Maybe throw in a couple of Russians, and maybe some unknown players we trade or draft between now and then (call them "X-Men"), and see what we might come up with in two years time.

Ferland  Pettersson  Boeser

Hoglander  Horvat  JT Miller

Roussel  Gaudette  Podkolzin

Motte  Madden  Mac Ewen

Juolevi  Myers

Hughes  Woo

Rathbone Tryamkin

Demko

DiPeitro

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Thought I’d share this, great photoshop over that ugly Flames Jersey..

DF5F204E-785E-4A66-BBB8-1C28B439029E.jpeg

Did they make the Orca bigger on the "new" jersey? It looks like it in that pic.
It always bothered the hell out of me that our main logo was so small. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

could be louie and schaller.

Schaller's only making $1.9M
One plan option for Benning likely is to clear out some lesser paid guys if he can't dump Erik$$on. 
Moving Schaller, and say, Baertschi on, would free up an additional $5.6M
That's enough to wiggle in Boeser and buys time to clear out the rest of our c(R)ap. 

26 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Since Goldobin isn't signed yet, it has to be 2 of Erik$$on, Sutter, and Baertschi. 

We still retained Goldy's rights by qualifying him, so he can be traded as well.

I don't think Baertschi holds any value around the league right now because of his health concerns. But I don't want to trade him anyways. We need as many legit top 6 options as possible and he's a prime bounceback candidate.

Sutter and Loui are both pipe dreams at this point. If Benning can unload 1 if them without taking significant cap back, that would be huge. I really have no idea how the Eriksson situation will play out. I think the most likely scenario is he starts the year in Utica, along with Gaudette and Sutter will get a chance to rebuild his value as a 3C, setting up a trade by Christmas if all goes well.

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Wat 1

23 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Did they make the Orca bigger on the "new" jersey? It looks like it in that pic.
It always bothered the hell out of me that our main logo was so small. 

Maybe a bit..  this is what Vintage posted a few weeks back..  I do like that size of logo in the photoshop.

Home Jersey:

Home_collage_v2.png

Away Jersey:

Away_collage_v2.png

Heritage Jersey:

Heritage_collage_v2.png

Black Skate Jersey:

BlackSkate_collage_v2.png

•  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

We still retained Goldy's rights by qualifying him, so he can be traded as well.

I don't think Baertschi holds any value around the league right now because of his health concerns. But I don't want to trade him anyways. We need as many legit top 6 options as possible and he's a prime bounceback candidate.

Sutter and Loui are both pipe dreams at this point. If Benning can unload 1 if them without taking significant cap back, that would be huge. I really have no idea how the Eriksson situation will play out. I think the most likely scenario is he starts the year in Utica, along with Gaudette and Sutter will get a chance to rebuild his value as a 3C, setting up a trade by Christmas if all goes well.

I had forgotten they qualified Goldy. My bad. 

If Baertschi is a legit top 6 winger, primed for a bounce back year, surely he DOES have value. (?) 
To me, he's not a top 6 forward. On any team. His game is too peripheral, and if that's your game, you better be one hell of a passer...
He's entering his TENTH season this year and has only racked up 136 points. I don't see anywhere he fits now and it's only going to get tougher as some of our prospects come knocking.
Hoglander is back at Rogle for one more year but that kid is for real. If he doesn't get a roster spot next year ('20/'21) I'll be very surprised. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Maybe a bit..  this is what Vintage posted a few weeks back..  I do like that size of logo in the photoshop.

Home Jersey:

Home_collage_v2.png

Away Jersey:

Away_collage_v2.png

Heritage Jersey:

Heritage_collage_v2.png

Black Skate Jersey:

BlackSkate_collage_v2.png

•  

Thanks. Yeah I think maybe it's the away jersey that bugs me so much because of all that white space ... it just makes the logo look tiny, ergo, unintimidating. 

Edited by fecklund
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Looks like it’s just placed higher in the photoshop (which looks better).

It doesn’t need to be that low now that “Vancouver” is gone. Looks way better on the chest rather than stomach level.

I noticed that too. I think you're right.