The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Chris Stewart with Flyers

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

There was an article about the Flyers' GM wanting to give him an opportunity because they likely didn't have space for him there.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/former-sabres-prospect-justin-bailey-happy-to-land-with-canucks/

Another theory is he played for coach Fletcher on Minnesota. Maybe there's a connection.

1 minute ago, Baer. said:

Another theory is he played for coach Fletcher on Minnesota. Maybe there's a connection.

I assume you mean Stewart here. Well they had a younger speedier Stewart basically who has raw potential and likely would pass through waivers, so they could have him as depth. Instead of qualifying him on a cheap deal, they gave him up. They could've easily had both guys in this situation. Whatever the case, we benefit from it.

Chris Stewart doesn't deserve another chance in the NHL. He didn't honour two contracts he signed in the few years by simply walking out on the teams. Didn't inform them, nothing. I never want to speak ill off players, never know what's going on behind the scenes. This conduct is simply inexcusable though. 

1 minute ago, Jaku said:

Chris Stewart doesn't deserve another chance in the NHL. He didn't honour two contracts he signed in the few years by simply walking out on the teams. Didn't inform them, nothing. I never want to speak ill off players, never know what's going on behind the scenes. This conduct is simply inexcusable though. 

Really? Maybe that's why all he's getting is a PTO now.

12 minutes ago, Jaku said:

You have to open the link but it has a breakdown of his last 2 years. 

This just goes to show that even if you're big and slow, teams are still willing to give them a chance no matter the history. Perhaps Lucic has greater value in the league than LE if this is the case!

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

This just goes to show that even if you're big and slow, teams are still willing to give them a chance no matter the history. Perhaps Lucic has greater value in the league than LE if this is the case!

Lucic, over his career, has proven a hell of a lot more than Stewart ever has.

Seem to remember reading a story about his rough upbringing... lots of financial struggles and other issues that escape me now.  That kinda story feels good (poor kid makes the bigs), and softened my strong dislike of a tough guy to play against who bent/broke few rules against our boys over the years.