The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Hate to be negative after that win but does Ferland have any NTC/NMC clauses?  Can he be exposed in the expansion draft?  He was terrible last night.

to be fair he had 1 sog and 3 hits, motte played at least 5 more min and he had no sog  and 3 hits. with the amount of minutes Green is giving Ferland,  and playing with Leivo and Sutter is not doing Ferland any favours.  Green played him 2 games on Petey and Boesers line, then took him off,  not a good enough chance to gel.  talking about exposing him in the expansion draft after 9 games is ridiculous

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

to be fair he had 1 sog and 3 hits, motte played at least 5 more min and he had no sog  and 3 hits. with the amount of minutes Green is giving Ferland,  and playing with Leivo and Sutter is not doing Ferland any favours.  Green played him 2 games on Petey and Boesers line, then took him off,  not a good enough chance to gel.  talking about exposing him in the expansion draft after 9 games is ridiculous

He also had 3 brutal turnovers and nearly killed the momentum when it was tied.  He played awful imo and is slower than molasses out there.  Yeah it's early, but giving this teams track record with free agents(Eriksson) we have every right to be concerned.  Seeing he can be exposed regardless puts me at ease though, and I can still believe he can be a force on this team physically, he did have a couple of nice hits last nights.  

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

then why have that line?  Would anyone do any better?

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Hate to be negative after that win but does Ferland have any NTC/NMC clauses?  Can he be exposed in the expansion draft?  He was terrible last night.

Bit premature. Schaller was crap for most of last year then he rocks it this year.

At least give Ferland 30 games before you kick him to the curb. Every team that has had him has loved him.....as have the fans.

Edit: WAY TOO PREMATURE.  Come on.....:picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Bit premature. Schaller was crap for most of last year then he rocks it this year.

At least give Ferland 30 games before you kick him to the curb. Every team that has had him has loved him.....as have the fans.

Edit: WAY TOO PREMATURE.  Come on.....:picard:

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

He also had 3 brutal turnovers and nearly killed the momentum when it was tied.  He played awful imo and is slower than molasses out there.  Yeah it's early, but giving this teams track record with free agents(Eriksson) we have every right to be concerned.  Seeing he can be exposed regardless puts me at ease though, and I can still believe he can be a force on this team physically, he did have a couple of nice hits last nights.  

I am not panicking, he's got to play better and I have faith that he can.  However if it doesn't work I want to know how hard will it be to move him.  You can blame Eriksson for that pessimism.

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am not panicking, he's got to play better and I have faith that he can.  However if it doesn't work I want to know how hard will it be to move him.  You can blame Eriksson for that pessimism.

You are panicking if you are saying we need to start thinking about moving him 3 weeks into his 4 year deal.

I just think it is silly.  But whatever....to each their own.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm not overly concerned about Ferland. He was sick for a bit, but even so, the Eriksson comparison is interesting. Like Eriksson and the Sedins, Ferland was brought in to play with Pettersson, but that hasn't worked out. He's still trying to get comfortable with a new team, new city etc. And Green has shuffled him all over the lineup. I wonder if he's lacking confidence and maybe wondering where he fits on this team. I hope Green gives him another opportunity to play in the Top 6. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Everyone saw how annoying he was in Calgary and the 40 points is quite tempting, but Ferland is not a consistent player. He will need to go on the merry-go-round of healthy scratches and give other guys a go.

It's always risky signing a UFA bottom-6 forward but will be worth it down the stretch when we need toughness, especially in playoffs.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I'm not overly concerned about Ferland. He was sick for a bit, but even so, the Eriksson comparison is interesting. Like Eriksson and the Sedins, Ferland was brought in to play with Pettersson, but that hasn't worked out. He's still trying to get comfortable with a new team, new city etc. And Green has shuffled him all over the lineup. I wonder if he's lacking confidence and maybe wondering where he fits on this team. I hope Green gives him another opportunity to play in the Top 6. 

playing only 2 games with Petey and Boeser was not enough to gel with this line.  I don't think it is fair to say  it hasn't worked out, when him and Boeser missed most of the pre season.  and never had a chance from the get go