The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Proposal) A Trade that should be made

12 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

( Proposal) A Trade that should be made

Title seems a little redundant.  How many people propose trades that they think shouldn't be made?

It would be an odd approach, but have a far higher rate of success.

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think Ray Ferraro is wrong.    I think Travis Green seems Jake's ceiling as a far different player and his projection of seeing that final product by the time Jake is 24 seems about right.   This would correspond with when players like Wilson and Bertuzzi (and many others) really hit their strides.

Jake’s is s valuable player, but doesn’t have very good hands.  He doesn’t have the hands of Bertuzzi, or the meanness of Wilson.  I like Jake, and believe he’s an important player, but he’s not either of these guys.  

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think Ray Ferraro is wrong.    I think Travis Green seems Jake's ceiling as a far different player and his projection of seeing that final product by the time Jake is 24 seems about right.   This would correspond with when players like Wilson and Bertuzzi (and many others) really hit their strides.

I have Jake as most likely candidate to play 2RW this year beside Bo.

Could be Ferland on the other side, for a wrecking ball 2knd line.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I would they wouldn't. Virtanen is never gonna get any meaningful looks here and the recent additions of Miller and Ferland have all but finished any real chance of seeing Virtanen in the top 6. If we could move him for a guy that could slot in top 4 on the right side one day I'd be all for it.

if any thing the addition of miller and ferland is going to actually help jake   before we didn't have a lot of grit on the team and  jake was one of the few guys we  had that played that kinda of game ,  hit skate fore check  . Now we have a lot more grit on the team , which means jakes now has some back up . I believe jake game is going to improve  and give him more confidence  because we have more grit .    a line of  virt   gaudette/ sutter  with  ferland or miller or rousell now that's a good solid 3rd line  that could do damage in the playoffs

Keep big Jake with his speed and size and better focus watching Ferland run around hitting everything might rub off on Jake 6'1, 217lbs...23 yrs old.

If he uses his speed more on forecheck he will cause havoc on D men...See jake as a top 8 guy-- 18-20 goals-- 35-45 points type of player every team needs in playoffs.....

3 hours ago, the grinder said:

if any thing the addition of miller and ferland is going to actually help jake   before we didn't have a lot of grit on the team and  jake was one of the few guys we  had that played that kinda of game ,  hit skate fore check  . Now we have a lot more grit on the team , which means jakes now has some back up . I believe jake game is going to improve  and give him more confidence  because we have more grit .    a line of  virt   gaudette/ sutter  with  ferland or miller or rousell now that's a good solid 3rd line  that could do damage in the playoffs

Last season Jake played noticeably tougher when paired with Roussel, so I think you are bang on with your assessment.

Also worth remembering how Green used him when they were paired in Utica for Jake's stint there.  First over the boards for PK, and manning the point on the second PP unit.  Speed kills, and Jake has that in abundance

I’d rather trade OJ and JV to EDM for Bouchard.  Why would they do this?  They need cheap options and this gives them two for a few years at least.  Why would we do his?  Bouchard paced OJ in every way except he played every game (three years and counting) as a 16 year old, superior plus minus though (plus 30, guys that say London wasn’t good anymore don’t follow them) when OJ was 18 draft plus one, then followed it up with two years in a row as defenseman of the year in the OHL, last year a man among boys.   And the best part he’s a RHD projected to become an Alex P or Carlson type in the NHL by many experts.   Doubt this would happen as it’s too big of a trade between division rivals but it would be a major coupe for Benning.   He’s got size and Uber talented.   Rough around the edges still a bit, but easily could slot in to replace Tanev, and eventually a Hughes/Bouchard line would be one of the best in the league.   OJs a health risk, missing games every year and his ceiling isn’t as high, although his floor is very good.  Suck to loose JV but you have to pay to play, and this would also help our cap out a bit.   EDM needs cheaper options and this is a two for one, JV is going to be at least a good third liner, but could still break out...him and McDavid on the same line would be the fastest in the league ..