The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

56 days left

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Go for it. Hope you have some inspiration.   This time of year is pretty thin...waiting for something of substance to occur.   

When the only article in the NHL section is a piece about how Cam Talbot hopes to turn things around with the Flames.....and that's it, the news is pretty slow.  I mean, I'll read it cuz I'm bored, but here's hoping Canucks Army puts out a piece too...just 1....ugh, August is hot, boring, and I think I need a beer.

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, Solinar said:

lol, the news isn't coming in, and we're in the dog days of August.  We're all waiting for the next trade and Boesser to sign.  But with all that, I'm sure most of us are just as excited for the season to start, we're just old and quieter about it.  But I will say this, in the words of the Coach himself, all we need to do is get 2 more pts per month to make the playoff.  Do you honestly think, with all the improvements that has been made to the team, we can't manage an extra 2 points per month??  Go Canucks Go, just wish they had the tournament in Penticton again so I had something to look forward to in the meantime.

Is the Penticton young stars tourny done for good? I must have missed that. Always wanted to attend as im regularly

in nearby Osoyoos wouldve been convenient.. shame

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I thought they were doing it but it is being hosted by the Alberta teams....?  I could be wrong but someone with more knowledge could set us strait. :)

Don’t think the Canucks are involved with the Alberta games. If my memory serves me it was the Alberta teams that pulled out of the Penticton tourney first. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Is the Penticton young stars tourny done for good? I must have missed that. Always wanted to attend as im regularly

in nearby Osoyoos wouldve been convenient.. shame

It won't be going on this year, but from comments the Oiler's GM made, he'd be happy to be a part of it again.  It would probably be happening this year, if Tom Holland had been the GM in charge earlier.  I know Burke was in favour of something in Alberta instead, or at least a rotating location that would make it more financially inviting for some of the other clubs.

• Thanks 1

I know I was a VIP customer for many years, and loved it, but the last year, you couldn't even buy the VIP tickets.  I think they were already handed out before tickets went on sale.  That being said, I only missed 1 year out of the many that the tournament happened, and looked forward to it each September.  The games were entertaining, the fans were great, and even got to sit next to a few of the stars parents from time to time.  Sam Bennet's family was great.  And when McDavid was there, you could see the ice tilted when he jumped over the boards....till Virtanen smashed him against the boards.  Monahan was a force, as was Backlund.  But you could see the strengths and weaknesses in all of the teams prospect pools.  Oilers were noticeably lacking in good defensive prospects, the Canucks prospects were...lack lustre while we were competing for the playoffs, and the Flames were ...big and truculent.  Did enjoy watching Ehlers play as well.