The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corn Maze pays tribute

Rate this topic

fecklund

From what I heard,the Maze owners have no idea how this happened!  They were planning a pumpkin theme this year, but a pilot flying into the Chilliwack airport got in touch with them and congratulated them on the Canucks 50th theme....they had no idea!  Not sure what this means, but I have a feeling that something special is going to happen this year.  Don't know if I should suggest it, but I think our 50 year drought is finally over!:towel:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

From what I heard,the Maze owners have no idea how this happened!  They were planning a pumpkin theme this year, but a pilot flying into the Chilliwack airport got in touch with them and congratulated them on the Canucks 50th theme....they had no idea!  Not sure what this means, but I have a feeling that something special is going to happen this year.  Don't know if I should suggest it, but I think our 50 year drought is finally over!:towel:

The odd thing is, and I haven't heard anyone, anywhere mention this, is that it's actually not the Canucks 50th season. 
Our first season wasn't 1969/70, which would make the celebration correct this coming season... they came in 1970/71, which makes NEXT YEAR the 50th...

Not sure what the deal is there. Kind of strange. 

4 hours ago, fecklund said:

The odd thing is, and I haven't heard anyone, anywhere mention this, is that it's actually not the Canucks 50th season. 
Our first season wasn't 1969/70, which would make the celebration correct this coming season... they came in 1970/71, which makes NEXT YEAR the 50th...

Not sure what the deal is there. Kind of strange. 

This year will be the 50th season we play, just like the 79-80 was the tenth, 89-90 was the 20th, 99-00 30th and so on...so yep they got it right and is probably why nobody is mentioning it’s not the 50th. 

Edit:  counting on fingers:  70-71 = 1 71-72 = 2 72-73 = 3 73-74 = 4  oh well you get the idea, you made me count now my head hurts. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

This year will be the 50th season we play, just like the 79-80 was the tenth, 89-90 was the 20th, 99-00 30th and so on...so yep they got it right and is probably why nobody is mentioning it’s not the 50th. 

Edit:  counting on fingers:  70-71 = 1 71-72 = 2 72-73 = 3 73-74 = 4  oh well you get the idea, you made me count now my head hurts. 

Did you know? The second after you turn a certain age, you're actually a year older??

benningsurprise1.jpg

::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1