The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I really like Focht :) Gadjovich has been a bit slow today eh? He seemed alright yesterday but he seems slower today. Maybe its just my imagination. His skating doens't look a ton better tho. What have you seen from your POV today and Gadjovich? I was behind the net as you know haha

Yah, agreed.  I don't see Gadj making the big show without huge improvements in his skating.  Focht has potential, now that I have seen him, I will certainly be a little more aware of what he does this season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If he could be a staple on the third line all year, get 20 goals & 35ish points, I'd be quite happy.

It'll be tough for him to get top offensive minutes, but also at this point I think he's developing to be more of a really useful (with his physical gifts) middle 6/top 9 type. His secondary offense could go a long way. 

He would've hit 20 last year if healthy.  I don't think 25 goals and maybe 40-45 points is out of the realm of possibility.

I think there's a chance he gets some top 6 mins because they have more interchangeable players this year.  Last season he was largely pigeonholed in a defensive role because he was the most equipped top 6ish winger to do so.  With Miller and Ferland in the mix and able to play that role too, I think we'll see all three move around the lineup.  If so, Jake might actually get some chance at offense.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Yah, agreed.  I don't see Gadj making the big show without huge improvements in his skating.  Focht has potential, now that I have seen him, I will certainly be a little more aware of what he does this season.

He has the size, looks good when he was in the OHL, but now he is against men and slower foot speed is not a good thing in today's NHL. I hope he can carve out a role as an NHL player one day but it will be a process by the sounds of it.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Brendan Gaunce was signed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Bruins worth $700,000 on July 1st.

I knew that, and wish him the best.....I was just making fun of his invisibility cloak he wears.

Its good that Victorians and Van islanders get the Canucks for this seasons training camp. Canucks are BCs team. 

Its going to be a great season. The new Era has begun.

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

That skate tank top jersey Benn was wearing...where does 1 buy that!? I saw some chick rocking one last week when I was driving. I would be that for sure

Benchclearers.com. Bought the same one a few months ago. Get compliments every time  I wear it.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

I knew that, and wish him the best.....I was just making fun of his invisibility cloak he wears.

Its good that Victorians and Van islanders get the Canucks for this seasons training camp. Canucks are BCs team. 

Its going to be a great season. The new Era has begun.

Gotcha. Yeah, Nicklas Jensen is also looking invisible out there. ;) 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Haven't read much about Eriksson, Baertschi and Horvat. Are they noticeable or just savvy vets doing just enough to not get Green on their case?

Horvat usually never stands out at these type of things. Once the season starts and the intensity picks up we’ll see the real Horvat. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Haven't read much about Eriksson, Baertschi and Horvat. Are they noticeable or just savvy vets doing just enough to not get Green on their case?

For the most part, just vets getting into gear, although Horvat has been the strongest of the 3.  Ericksson continues to be snakebitten.  Baertschi hasn't stood out too much.  Horvat has given 100%, nothing flashy, but his usual solid self.

8 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Has anyone posted the D pairings. Is it a mix.? Or maybe solid D pairings. Example is Edler with Myers. Is Quinn with Tanev?

Group A:

Edler - Myers

Fantenberg - Biega

Sautner - Chatfield

Woo

Group B:

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Brisebois - Rafferty

Teves

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1