The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Green also mentioned he wanted jake to be a leader and a leader doesn't blow off media.....but I'm no inspector gadget....

neither of us know .....so maybe bring facts or well I think you can figure out the rest. 

Jake also blew off signing autographs out back - the only player to do so. Even Green and Steamer signed some swag.

17 minutes ago, Freddy40 said:

It’s 100% about fitness which is tied to being a kid and not maturing. If on the first day after testing the coach says the team is really fit other than.... and the player admits he didn’t reach his offseason goals it’s blatantly obvious it’s about conditioning and fitness. It’s not about Jake stayed up late watching a movie friend. 

I don’t think anyone can say 100% what it’s about although some seem to think so.. if People really watched Brock and picked apart his fitness like they do Jake you’d see some similarities. Only Jake and Green know what really were his goals were. For all we know he just didn’t come in at end season weight or lower, big deal man everyone but BoHo loses weight during season Jake is a solid future piece of the teams puzzle everyone is acting like they forgot LE is the whipping boy. I’ve seen countless pics of Jv all summer he ain’t 230 or close to again so I’d stop worrying bud it’s most likely a lot more minuscule then everyone is making it out to be. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I don’t think anyone can say 100% what it’s about although some seem to think so.. if People really watched Brock and picked apart his fitness like they do Jake you’d see some similarities. Only Jake and Green know what really were his goals were. For all we know he just didn’t come in at end season weight or lower, big deal man everyone but BoHo loses weight during season Jake is a solid future piece of the teams puzzle everyone is acting like they forgot LE is the whipping boy. I’ve seen countless pics of Jv all summer he ain’t 230 or close to again so I’d stop worrying bud it’s most likely a lot more minuscule then everyone is making it out to be. 

I think it’s about the maturity, attitude and professionalism. He’s no rookie. He’s been in the league 4 years now, the fact he’s not getting it yet is worrisome. Look at how Petey and Bo prepare and train, if Jake would put in the same effort he would be putting himself in the best position to become what he’s capable of. The one thing he can control is training, the fact he’s not understanding that yet, to most fans is disappointing. It’s suggesting that he may never “get it” because he just doesn’t want it bad enough. 

38 minutes ago, Freddy40 said:

Doesn’t mean he can’t be traded. If he wants to stick on Vancouver he better wake up, and if traded, eventually he’ll run out of chances. You can only “tease” talent so long before you get passed by. Hunger will beat talent 10 out of 10 times, and it’s not like Jake has Petey level talent where he can pull this crap and think he can stick in the NHL long term.

Wow....what a stretch haha.

Pre season games are two days away yet you know exactly what the issue was (fitness) and now Jake is gonna be traded so many times he will be out of the NHL altogether.

Sure....

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Wow....what a stretch haha.

Pre season games are two days away yet you know exactly what the issue was (fitness) and now Jake is gonna be traded so many times he will be out of the NHL altogether.

Sure....

Jake himself said he didn’t meet his fitness goals. Do you think the issue is because he was supposed to bring Green a Happy meal from McDonald’s and forgot? Dude really?

9 minutes ago, Freddy40 said:

Jake himself said he didn’t meet his fitness goals. Do you think the issue is because he was supposed to bring Green a Happy meal from McDonald’s and forgot? Dude really?

Did he?  Can you provide that quote?  I must have missed it

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

I must admit I am almost ready to give up on Jake. Guy could be a top tier power forward but just does not want to work for it. The “kid” has the opposite makeup of the Sedins. 

Doesn’t meet training expectations. Plays like an a hole in the world juniors, and can’t even sign a few autographs? What a Jake Ass 

As far as I am concerned JB should package him off and let’s move on from him. I personally consider him a bust 

Dump the underachieving generation zero for the 4th round pick he is worth 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Freddy40 said:

I think it’s about the maturity, attitude and professionalism. He’s no rookie. He’s been in the league 4 years now, the fact he’s not getting it yet is worrisome. Look at how Petey and Bo prepare and train, if Jake would put in the same effort he would be putting himself in the best position to become what he’s capable of. The one thing he can control is training, the fact he’s not understanding that yet, to most fans is disappointing. It’s suggesting that he may never “get it” because he just doesn’t want it bad enough. 

Not getting it? He did great with the role he was given last year... I don’t get the hate. He makes chump change sure he isn’t the best overall 6th pick but hell he isn’t terrible. Unlock the eye of The dark lord dude he isn’t the worst thing or biggest problem on the team

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Did he?  Can you provide that quote?  I must have missed it

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-camp-notes-virtanen-in-doghouse-after-flunking-physical-juolevis-knee-a-concern/amp

do you think he was taking about how many jelly beans were in the jar Green has? Or were “off-season goals” about fitness.

it seems many here want to play semantics and ignore common sense when it comes to what the issue is. 

I could care less if you want to be that ignorant. I like Jake but anyone who can’t see this is blatantly about his fitness is in denial.