The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, stawns said:

What I don't get is all the "maybe Jake finally gets it", or "maybe this is his year"........the guy has progressed every year and would have scored 20 (or more) last year if not for injury........I think he's got it all along.

I dont know he tailed off quite a bit last year. Didnt he get 10 goals before xmas? or something along those lines. I dont think he for sure would've got 20. Leivo was better than him the back half of the year.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He will skate with Group 3 today.

Hmmm. Well that's a little curious. Good on them to take a step back if neccesary but that's unfortunate. The soreness from yesterday could just be part of starting to push it again, but it'll be a story to follow.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I dont know he tailed off quite a bit last year. Didnt he get 10 goals before xmas? or something along those lines. I dont think he for sure would've got 20. Leivo was better than him the back half of the year.

Hmmm. Well that's a little curious. Good on them to take a step back if neccesary but that's unfortunate. The soreness from yesterday could just be part of starting to push it again, but it'll be a story to follow.

He did, but so did the whole team, Petey most notably.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Me too, if he's healthy and gets some linemates with some offense, I could see him hitting 25 goals.

If he could be a staple on the third line all year, get 20 goals & 35ish points, I'd be quite happy.

It'll be tough for him to get top offensive minutes, but also at this point I think he's developing to be more of a really useful (with his physical gifts) middle 6/top 9 type. His secondary offense could go a long way. 

7 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

MacEwen has wheels.  Focht is interesting, didn't really know much about him. Good wheels, good shot

I really like Focht :) Gadjovich has been a bit slow today eh? He seemed alright yesterday but he seems slower today. Maybe its just my imagination. His skating doens't look a ton better tho. What have you seen from your POV today and Gadjovich? I was behind the net as you know haha