The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Another thing to complain about, yay!

The Canucks brought training camp for their islander fans. How more fan engagement do you want? These guys make the trip here and pay for hotel costs and what not on occasion. If it's that dire to watching training camp, then take the trip there and support the local businesses there.

In the meantime, I appreciate the commentary from the people watching there. The more they stream here just gives more fuel to those that will want to contain about Virt, LE or OJ as they nitpick their camps.

No problem with taking camp to the island at all. It's good they spread it across our province. The millions of canucks fans aren't just in Vancouver and I respect them world wide wherever they may be. 

The organization has very limited content for its fans though especially when u compare to American teams. 

Roger's is a big reason for this bs and losing our regional coverage. Remember we used that have 30 minute Canucks TV hosted by Murphy or Hannah Bernard? Roger's killed it. 

I don't like fans that rag on our players and trash guys like Oj, Jake, loui etc as u mentioned... But we as Canucks fans deserve better content. 

1 hour ago, gttxc said:

I wonder if it could be contract restrictions.  Sportsnet doesn’t want to do a tv broadcast and doesn’t want attention drawn from their radio coverage.

Probably has something to do with it. God I hate sportsnet. 

1 hour ago, Knucklehd said:

Maybe, but this morning, before the goalies came out, they had 5 minor league teams having a morning skate with the Canuck players.  I would argue that is more important than streaming training camp...as much as I would love that when not in Victoria 

That's great. Minor hockey interaction, can never have enough. But the matter of fact is that American teams with 0 fans get 30 minutes of post game and 30 minutes of pregame coverage... While we have to hear the bs Roger's sportsnet wants to feed us... 

23 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Brisebois looking good at both ends of the ice.  Involved every time he is out there.

Breezer is ready to jump up, imo.  It's time for Biega to move on or move down, which is hard to say because I really like him

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Damn, Motte's got some wheels

I really liked that line of baercheese, Focht, and Motte. Sub in Beagle or Gaudette and that's a line that could score, have good possession and defend. Those guys could be a great 3rd or 4th line.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Breezer is ready to jump up, imo.  It's time for Biega to move on or move down, which is hard to say because I really like him

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it would probably still be best that he plays a ton rather than sit in the box.  He will get a fair amount of games I am sure.  Do Olli and him play the same side?  They could be 1st call ups for their respective side.

• Cheers 1

Eriksson had a prime opportunity infront of the net and had no idea what to do with it. He got one shot off and was largely invisible and not active with his stick when I did eventually see him. (Saw him a touch more OT likely due to less players on the ice)

• Upvote 1