The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wow thats lame. 

Definitely Matthews could come clean and bloody well tell the truth.  Face the friggin' consequences for your actions.  It's a minor offence, so he will get community service and sensitivity counseling.  But no.  The coward hides.  And this guy is going to be the Leaf's captain?  :picard:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Definitely Matthews could come clean and bloody well tell the truth.  Face the friggin' consequences for your actions.  It's a minor offence, so he will get community service and sensitivity counseling.  But no.  The coward hides.  And this guy is going to be the Leaf's captain?  :picard:

he also mentioned the team first, and twice, and the person he harassed only once in passing "if anyone was offended". Total loser. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats what he chose to do once he knew who was in the car. Guys a creep. It should have been obvious from that creepy little 1/2 stache he's sporting. 

I read that Matthews did something else before, but can't find it.  Maybe there is a pattern forming here.  The Leafs (league) needs to make Matthews go through a course before he gets to play.  If they sweep this under the rug, and he does something again (which is likely) and the results are worse, would the team or league be culpable at all?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I read that Matthews did something else before, but can't find it.  Maybe there is a pattern forming here.  The Leafs (league) needs to make Matthews go through a course before he gets to play.  If they sweep this under the rug, and he does something again (which is likely) and the results are worse, would the team or league be culpable at all?  

are you kidding Alf? MLSE lawyers are going to make a killing on this making it go away. Matthews won't do a single thing to address this. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

are you kidding Alf? MLSE lawyers are going to make a killing on this making it go away. Matthews won't do a single thing to address this. 

Ya, wishful thinking that an athlete, who is a star, will be forced to grow the hell up.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Ya, wishful thinking that an athlete, who is a star, will be forced to grow the hell up.  

the only way AM actually takes any responsibility for this is if some Arizona prosecutor wants to make a name for him/herself. If the video and potential witness evidence is strong enough it could happen. But there would have to be actual video and probably multiple eye witnesses (maybe from people watching from the building) or one of AMs buddies rats him out. But even then we're taking about a fine and maybe some community service. Would send a message tho not to harass women on the job. Frat boy/locker room talk etc. doesn't play well anymore. 

Its lucky that she wasn't armed, stressing out a vet with PTSD in the US has to be done of the stupidest things a person can do. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

Interesting to see those that focus only on the mooning element of the scenario.

People acting like he tried to jump her. How'd this security guard not hear a bunch of intoxicated people coming towards her car? And the fact she recognized Matthews and got out of the car to confront them only makes me wonder what she is trying to get out of this story... Because if someone famous did this to me it would be a moment I'd tell my friends and remember forever ( I wouldn't be upset, I'd think he's a clown but nothing more ). Not something I'd go to the news about.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the only way AM actually takes any responsibility for this is if some Arizona prosecutor wants to make a name for him/herself. If the video and potential witness evidence is strong enough it could happen. But there would have to be actual video and probably multiple eye witnesses (maybe from people watching from the building) or one of AMs buddies rats him out. But even then we're taking about a fine and maybe some community service. Would send a message tho not to harass women on the job. Frat boy/locker room talk etc. doesn't play well anymore. 

Its lucky that she wasn't armed, stressing out a vet with PTSD in the US has to be done of the stupidest things a person can do. 

It's a pretty strong case if he admits he did it.

Yeah, Matthews, he doesn't deserve the C. What a MORON.

• Upvote 1

Perfect example of nothing good happens after midnight.  Good chance the group was well sauced and poor life choices tend to follow that pattern.  No excuses for a poor choice on austons part but I’m sure a healthy percentage of the population would gladly have take back some stupid stuff they did when they were under 25 in the party scene myself included.

6 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

People acting like he tried to jump her. How'd this security guard not hear a bunch of intoxicated people coming towards her car? And the fact she recognized Matthews and got out of the car to confront them only makes me wonder what she is trying to get out of this story... Because if someone famous did this to me it would be a moment I'd tell my friends and remember forever ( I wouldn't be upset, I'd think he's a clown but nothing more ). Not something I'd go to the news about.

Yeah, totally. It's her fault for sticking her butt out at drunk people. /sarc

Do you even hear yourself?

Aside from the stupid thing he did, he is a rising star, and  a member of a prominent hockey team; a team that was in the midst of handing him the C. Then he does this.
To excuse him for being a kid is absolutely stupid. He had 58 million reasons not to be an idiot. Or whatever his frontloaded contract was giving him.

The deal is worth $58.17 million, meaning Matthews will have an annual salary cap hit of $11.634 million beginning in 2019-20 and running through the 2023-24 campaign.

Some people learn hard lessons at the beginning. Kane went through a similar thing. He's now cleaned his act BIG TIME. Matthews will learn, but he will get punished. And deservedly so.

For a guy with high high high hockey IQ, he is just another idiot.

Edited by Dazzle

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

Perfect example of nothing good happens after midnight.  Good chance the group was well sauced and poor life choices tend to follow that pattern.  No excuses for a poor choice on austons part but I’m sure a healthy percentage of the population would gladly have take back some stupid stuff they did when they were under 25 in the party scene myself included.

Yeah but none of us signed a 58 million dollar contract, nor are we faces of franchises.

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Why? He said exactly what the team PR Agent and his lawyer told him he could say. If he could say more, he would. But in legal matters, that’s all he could say.

meh, you're letting him off the hook. That was a non-response. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

And the fact she recognized Matthews and got out of the car to confront them only makes me wonder what she is trying to get out of this story... 

really? so doing her job means she's out to get something? she wasn't the one trying to get into a car that wasn't hers to see what the reaction would be, she didn't drop her pants. Why are you blaming her for this? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1