The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

If he actually pulled his underwear down as well and actually mooned her then I would have more of an issue with it, omg he pulled his pants down with underwear still on who cares, but trying to break into someone's vehicle now that's an issue.

Underwear and his bare butt make no difference IMO.  It’s the gesture implied by pulling his pants down and bending over.  He’s telling her he doesn’t care if his trying to break into her car was terrifying to her.  He’s dismissing her concerns by basically saying to “kiss my ass” while he leaves.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Here's some clarification for some here on what the word Mooning means:

Mooning is the act of displaying one's bare buttocks by removing clothing, e.g., by lowering the backside of one's trousers and underpants, usually bending over, whether also exposing the genitals or not.

Key word BARE

You're focused on one ass pect of this (can't resist).

Try to include the beginning part to see why it's not cool.  At all.

• Cheers 1

Are you married, Chuck?  Do you have a mother or a daughter?

If so, and they had to be out at 2 am in their car, doors locked...how would you feel if a group of drunk guys tried to get in to the car to see her reaction?  Then, as she confronts them about it when she sees they're just drunken fools, one jackass bends over to do that?   Youd laugh it off?  I have a feeling that most would be offended and likely even take it one step further.

It's harmless fun at a football game.  Not at 2 am when a woman is targeted as she was.

Done.  I've said it a million times...some think it's ok.  Until it happens to them or their loved ones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Keep it in context.  

A random drunk guy mooning the world?  Whatever.  Fool.

A "targeted" attempt to open a woman's car door in the wee hours to see her reaction followed by that complete show of disrespect?  We're not offended...just pointing out that it isn't acceptable.

I'll agree on that part it's not something that should be acceptable, and I get the disrespect part, but showing your back end with underwear on is not the worst thing in the world, trying to break into someone's vehicle is much worse.

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

^^^^

I've said over and over again trying to get into someones vehicle is a crime and that's the bigger issue here.

I'd rather them do something stupid like pull down their pants then attack them instead.

Well he did both, so he's got issues.  

This woman likely had a moment of not knowing whether she was about to be attacked or not.  Then he added insult to injury.  Clown.

People aren't separating the two - you are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'll agree on that part it's not something that should be acceptable, and I get the disrespect part, but showing your back end with underwear on is not the worst thing in the world, trying to break into someone's vehicle is much worse.

It’s the connection of both acts that’s most disturbing.  AM beloved it’s okay to frighten a girl in the manner discussed.  Then when confronted with how terrible a thing he did he pulls his pants down to tell that lady to kiss off.  The two actions connected show that AM has serious issues about his perception of women.  

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Underwear and his bare butt make no difference IMO.  It’s the gesture implied by pulling his pants down and bending over.  He’s telling her he doesn’t care if his trying to break into her car was terrifying to her.  He’s dismissing her concerns by basically saying to “kiss my ass” while he leaves.  

It does when using the word moon. But I get what you mean by just his actions in general and yes what he's implying, but if you're not actually seeing any full nudity from it, are you really that offended... Really...

When I was in my early twenties I remember lots of things my friends did that was silly like this.  I stayed sober most of the time so I'm pretty sure I didn't do any of this, but really this is the stuff that builds character not what he did but the public shame he needs to deal with now.  Jiggling the handle probably scared the security officer a bit but the showing your underwear part isn't even a thing what's the difference between that and shorts really.  AM will come out of this a better person in the end.

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It does when using the word moon. But I get what you mean by just his actions in general and yes what he's implying, but if you're not actually seeing any full nudity from it, are you really that offended... Really...

Not offended by it no.  The girl would be offended by the action.  And Matthews has serious issues concerning his thoughts about females.  

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Well he did both, so he's got issues.  

This woman likely had a moment of not knowing whether she was about to be attacked or not.  Then he added insult to injury.  Clown.

People aren't separating the two - you are.

Really he attacked the woman? He grabbed her and pinned her down, or tried to stab her?  Because you wanted to bring in if I had a wife or daughter and create a scenario with others and in my opinion I would rather that group of people drop there pants with underwear on, then do something like grabbing them or stabbing them instead.

:lol::lol::lol: --------------->

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Wat 2

49 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Really so I didn't just read this at the top of the page in a quote....

Can't believe there are actually people on here who believe it's no big deal to drop ur pants and show ur butt cheeks to a random person out in public.

pretty sure he meant 'in response to a security guard'. 

Not sure why so many people are defending AM, it was a lame thing to do. 

Just now, thrago said:

When I was in my early twenties I remember lots of things my friends did that was silly like this.  I stayed sober most of the time so I'm pretty sure I didn't do any of this, but really this is the stuff that builds character not what he did but the public shame he needs to deal with now.  Jiggling the handle probably scared the security officer a bit but the showing your underwear part isn't even a thing what's the difference between that and shorts really.  AM will come out of this a better person in the end.

Why will AM come out of this a better person?  The girl told him his trying to get into her car scared her a lot.  She told him she was a girl alone at 2 am and that his actions weren’t funny.  Then he dropped his pants and gestured for her to kiss off.  His gesture tells her he doesn’t care about her feelings.  It tells us he lacks empathy.  you Think he’s going to develop empathy for women after learning of his actions?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why will AM come out of this a better person?  The girl told him his trying to get into her car scared her a lot.  She told him she was a girl alone at 2 am and that his actions weren’t funny.  Then he dropped his pants and gestured for her to kiss off.  His gesture tells her he doesn’t care about her feelings.  It tells us he lacks empathy.  you Think he’s going to develop empathy for women after learning of his actions?

Because he's going to learn from his mistakes and all the backlash he's going to be getting from it now, normally will make him want to make better decisions going forward in life, unless your last name is Kane.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Really he attacked the woman? He grabbed her and pinned her down, or tried to stab her?  Because you wanted to bring in if I had a wife or daughter and create a scenario with others and in my opinion I would rather that group of people drop there pants with underwear on, then do something like grabbing them or stabbing them instead.

In the moments AM and his friends are trying to get into the girl’s car what thoughts would be racing through he mind as she calls 911?  IMO she’s likely terrified, and wondering how is she going to get through this.  She’s not a police officer.  She’s a security guard.  

Just now, Alflives said:

In the moments AM and his friends are trying to get into the girl’s car what thoughts would be racing through he mind as she calls 911?  IMO she’s likely terrified, and wondering how is she going to get through this.  She’s not a police officer.  She’s a security guard.  

Yeah so when they were trying to get into her car I didn't read anything saying she tried calling the police, instead decided to confront them herself, so she must of not been that worried....

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Because he's going to learn from his mistakes and all the backlash he's going to be getting from it now, normally will make him want to make better decisions going forward in life, unless your last name is Kane.

Does he change his behaviour because of the negative stuff happening to him now, or because he learns to empathize with women who are treated like he did to that guard?  

21 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

^^^^

I've said over and over again trying to get into someones vehicle is a crime and that's the bigger issue here.

I'd rather them do something stupid like pull down their pants then attack them instead.

I said I was going but I lied (off to the game soon, woo!)

Here, I'll help.  I wasn't referring to him "attacking her"....both was in relation to your comment, above.  I've bolded it for you.