The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We can go over the cap by 10% in the off season.  Furley will not retire.  He deserves that contract, and to cash in all of it.  

Retiring for medical reasons doesn’t lose him his money or void his contract.  Any doctor on the planet would sign off that he is permanently injured.  It just means we don’t have to account for him returning in our plans and could sign someone else with that money.

Going above the cap in the summer is irrelevant to actually having to fit under the cap during the season.  You can’t sign another guy with that $3.5 million until you know Ferland won’t be coming back for the duration of that term.

He is a competitive guy and there is every likelihood that he will keep trying to come back.

• Cheers 1

Ferlands cap hit is gone if he’s not playing. 

put money into Tryamkins return. 

as far as signing a rental I’m not for it. Canucks Can’t trade any draft picks for a old rental. I also cannot think of any prospects I’d trade away. The only players in the system I give up for a old rental is Goldy or Baer and both could of been got off waivers for free.

i feel sorry for Ferland but he’s got a big bank account that’s still growing for 3 more years so I’m sure that helps him moving forward in life. He should just relax and enjoy life. He’s got money.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

That is entirely a different point.

If he doesn’t decide that he is done permanently and keeps rehabbing for a return... you have to leave space for him to come back.  You can’t sign someone to replace him because then you are screwed if he returns.

Just bury him in the minors. This is the reality boys. Ferland is no longer a player In the NHL. 

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Just bury him in the minors. This is the reality boys. Ferland is no longer a player In the NHL. 

You can’t do that, that is the reality, boy.

Injured players can’t be demoted because they got injured.  He stays on the NHL roster until he is fit to play.

If there is a disagreement on whether he is medically fit, an independent evaluation will be done.

If he gets medically cleared, and you demote him... you eat $2.5 million in cap hit anyways.

Ferland has a guaranteed NHL contract.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It’s nice to be back on the ice with the guys. I don’t have a timeline to returning, that’s not my decision. It’s just exciting to rejoin the team during such an important time of the year.” - Motte

Gotta love Motte's team-first attitude.  I hope JB makes every attempt to keep Motte around beyond this year.  The bottom six is better with Motte in the line up.

2 minutes ago, bullishfor2012 said:

Gotta love Motte's team-first attitude.  I hope JB makes every attempt to keep Motte around beyond this year.  The bottom six is better with Motte in the line up.

multi year contract worthy imo. gives him some security 1.25-1.5m per year?

Glad to hear about Motte. What he brings to the 4th line I feel is underrated by many.

I'm worried about Boeser - physically and mentally. At least short term - I think he will be just fine overall once he gets past whatever is ailing him.

Edited by kloubek

50 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

multi year contract worthy imo. gives him some security 1.25-1.5m per year?

Love Motte’s try.  But he’s a Smurf who has to punch way above his weight to be an effective player.  That’s why he’s injured so often. Going to say no to resigning him.  

• Wat 1

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love Motte’s try.  But he’s a Smurf who has to punch way above his weight to be an effective player.  That’s why he’s injured so often. Going to say no to resigning him.  

A player with his work ethic, pk ability we would be silly to let him go, not offer him a contract of any kind and let him become a UFA. That sort of move gets seen around the league by other players and current Canucks. If he wants too much $ sure, but he doesn't have a ton of leverage. We keep 6m LE around because he can pk and is somewhat defensive minded, can;t see why we can't keep an energy 4th line player like Motte around for 1/4 of the salary...

Leivo, we need to move on from or trade. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

A player with his work ethic, pk ability we would be silly to let him go, not offer him a contract of any kind and let him become a UFA. That sort of move gets seen around the league by other players and current Canucks. If he wants too much $ sure, but he doesn't have a ton of leverage. We keep 6m LE around because he can pk and is somewhat defensive minded, can;t see why we can't keep an energy 4th line player like Motte around for 1/4 of the salary...

Leivo, we need to move on from or trade. 

Leivo has size.  Motte is just too small to play his role and stay healthy.