The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

We'll see what Benning has to say, but right now the Marky injury isn't sounding good. 

Typical that we'd lose arguably our most important player for the home stretch. That's so very Vancouver Canucks. 

Well , that's true.

But this is a great opportunity for Demko to prove himself. I do hope he takes it and runs with it. Go, Demko, I believe in you. 

1 minute ago, Silent Man said:

Well , that's true.

But this is a great opportunity for Demko to prove himself. I do hope he takes it and runs with it. Go, Demko, I believe in you. 

I'm rooting for him, it's not as if it's all on his shoulders anyway. The entire team will need to step up, we looked great against Boston but we were in a pretty inconsistent stretch beforehand. If we give Demko run support instead of expecting him to stand on his head night in and night out we should be alright. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Among goalies with at least 20GP Demko is 40th in SV% and 45th in GAA...that's it...that's the post.

Will have to play better team defense, and the offense also have to try and outscore the odd errors we may have. Hopefully Markstrom isn't out too long. This reminded me of the year Ryan Miller got injured and we have to turn to Eddie Lack. Lack was having a losing record when Miller go injured, but he picked up his game and took us to the playoffs. Hope Demko can elevate his game as well!

Demko knows Marky's a UFA at the end of this year. He knows he has a real good chance to force the Canucks into making a tough decision. He knows he has a chance right now to make this a turning point in his career that could catapult him into a #1 goalie conversation, if not here than somewhere in the NHL.

Who knows, maybe he plays lights out down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Demko knows Marky's a UFA at the end of this year. He knows he has a real good chance to force the Canucks into making a tough decision. He knows he has a chance right now to make this a turning point in his career that could catapult him into a #1 goalie conversation, if not here than somewhere in the NHL.

Who knows, maybe he plays lights out down the stretch.

Also trying to look at the brightside here. We'll finally see what we have in demko. I dont expect him to be lights out like marky but if he cant handle the upcoming stretch then it may be for the best to leave him exposed. 

I say this as a huge demko supporter .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1