The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Went to the game tonight and it didn't feeling like I had ever gone to a more energized game since 2011.  

This was one to remember.

Best part was how the arena went insane when Bertuzzi came out

next to captian kirk coming out in full gear 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Wise Owl said:

Linden fought once. Maybe twice in his career. lost badly. Played hard every shift. Was a great captain as was Stan.

Linden wasn't a heavyweight champion fighter but he did fight: Keith Tkachuk-I think... Sean Avery, Frank Musil, Rob Ray, Matt Greene. Didn't demolish these guys but a few of them are quite good fighters, he was willing to drop the gloves if/when needed PROPS to him for that. Hope Bo is willing to do the same at some point going forward, game has changed but still need to stand up for yourself and your team, especially being the C imo

• Cheers 1

Dynasty is upon us. 

Really glad Sutter is making me eat my words. He clearly trained really hard this summer. 

That Edler shot beat quick clean with 0 traffic... Loved it. 

Quinn is stellar... I could go on and on, markstrom made some monster saves too. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, BlueDragon23 said:

Kings defenseman Drew Doughty wasn’t holding back after 8-2 loss to the Canucks tonight: “It’s (expletive) just embarrassing. A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2, there’s absolutely no way

Doughty reaffirming why we call him Poughty! :rolleyes:

That guy Man, are you American or a Canadian? “ that team”

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Quinn is stellar... I could go on and on, markstrom made some monster saves too. 

he really is. He's going to have his bobbles but that recovery was something to see live. I thought the scouting on him was he had a muffin for a shot but that isn't the case at all. 

btw, you're still cracking me up with "Roberto Florida" :lol: if you ever change your avatar its got to be that 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Kings defenseman Drew Doughty wasn’t holding back after 8-2 loss to the Canucks tonight: “It’s (expletive) just embarrassing. A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2, there’s absolutely no way

So tell me again how many points did the Kings have last season B)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Doughty is a clown.

Image result for clown put on wig meme

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm a little concerned with the number of shots given up, but most of them were pretty low chance events other than 4 or 5 nice saves by Marky.

Gaudette is impressing the heck out of me. I really didn't think he'd make the team, let alone make a case to be an important player on the 3rd line. The Ferland-AG-Sutter experiment had its raw moments but it also pushed some offence. 

I think I might have a man crush on Miller. Yeah I said it. 

I don't mind giving up 40 shots a game, if 40 of them are from the perimeter and Marky has a good line of sight on them.

I have a huge problem giving up 25 shots a game if 10-15 of them are grade-A scoring chances like 2-1s or cross slot one-timers.

Shots from the other team can very often lead to a possession change in our favour, especially if the shots are of poor quality (like a dump-in shot on a change). A busy goalie never gets out of the game either.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Went to the game tonight and it didn't feeling like I had ever gone to a more energized game since 2011.  

This was one to remember.

Best part was how the arena went insane when Bertuzzi came out

That was definitely the loudest cheer of the night, when Bert came in. Pretty great throwback opening and good game overall

the ‘Larsheiders’ in the upper bowl were making some pretty good noise, and some guy named Crazy P on his jersey was starting chants in my lowerbowl section lol

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1