The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

What do I know, I paid $1.13.9 at an Esso off of Yankee Valley near Market on the 1st but I guess my receipt is lying.

But here's a REALLY good question for Forsturd and the rest of you.

IF!!! Carbon tax is killing you all and raising prices so much, why are you in here defending how cheap and inexpensive gas is?

I mean y'all sound like schrodingers wexiteers arguing for something the lot of you say is a terrible thing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

This graph is pretty much bang on to what I have been seeing. Maybe even a little higher than my area. In the last month I have seen 89.9 at my local gas station. It was 99.9 today.

I paid $1.13.9 at an Esso New Years day off of yankee valley blvd.  My receipt says one thing, the peanut gallery says another

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no, it doesn't on its own. Everything you're talking about is perception, nothing you've said is about performance. If a real performance issue came up then you could deal with it through proper channels.

We have the right to wear symbols, you chose yours, they chose theirs.

I don't know the example of the Sikh group or what kind of exemption they got - do you have a link for that? 

For a public servant I disagree. I would wear the appropriate uniform and cover any symbol that may be construed as offensive or more importantly over riding of the oaths that may have been taken. 

I don't know about the exemption these guys have, bu they must have one. You can see them ride up and down Main St in the summers.

https://www.sikhmotorcycleclub.org/

Sikh motorcyclists, who wore turbans while riding.

sikh-motorcycle-club-canada-facebook_650x400_61469100246.jpg.22a3dd5613bb29c78e3cdbea2527faa6.jpg

Oh, I found an article...

Province joins Alberta, B.C. and Manitoba in allowing exemption, which takes effect on Oct. 18

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-allows-sikhs-to-ride-motorcycles-without-helmet-1.4858361

"The safety of our roads will always remain a priority," Premier Doug Ford said in a statement. "But our government also believes that individuals have personal accountability and responsibility with respect to their own well-being."

So, do you agree with Mr Ford in his quote?

Again, do you think the Easy Riders should also be allowed to...have personal accountability and responsibility with respect to their own well-being.?

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

For a public servant I disagree. I would wear the appropriate uniform and cover any symbol that may be construed as offensive or more importantly over riding of the oaths that may have been taken. 

I don't know about the exemption these guys have, bu they must have one. You can see them ride up and down Main St in the summers.

https://www.sikhmotorcycleclub.org/

Sikh motorcyclists, who wore turbans while riding.

sikh-motorcycle-club-canada-facebook_650x400_61469100246.jpg.22a3dd5613bb29c78e3cdbea2527faa6.jpg

Oh, I found an article...

Province joins Alberta, B.C. and Manitoba in allowing exemption, which takes effect on Oct. 18

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-allows-sikhs-to-ride-motorcycles-without-helmet-1.4858361

"The safety of our roads will always remain a priority," Premier Doug Ford said in a statement. "But our government also believes that individuals have personal accountability and responsibility with respect to their own well-being."

So, do you agree with Mr Ford in his quote?

Again, do you think the Easy Riders should also be allowed to...have personal accountability and responsibility with respect to their own well-being.?

what is it about being a public servant that makes you want to erase any personal markings? what possible relevance does it necessarily have to have to performance? I don't get it. You're suggesting that just having a visible symbol means you can't perform to the same acceptable level of service to someone with no symbol. Thats just not a supportable position imo. You're presuming that performance must be harmed with no evidence. 

Are the Easy Riders considered a religious group with constitutional rights?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what is it about being a public servant that makes you want to erase any personal markings? what possible relevance does it necessarily have to have to performance? I don't get it. You're suggesting that just having a visible symbol means you can't perform to the same acceptable level of service to someone with no symbol. Thats just not a supportable position imo. You're presuming that performance must be harmed with no evidence. 

Personal markings? Not so much. Religious statements ( like my anti- religion tats are)

A separation of what I see as Church and State...Cops, gov officials etc...

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Are the Easy Riders considered a religious group with constitutional rights?

Your answer is a question?

So, I take that as a no and that you don't agree with R Fords statement about personal freedom etc..but you want do defend their religious freedom despite the personal safety? 

Why arn't they forced to develop large turban helmets or something? instead of doing away with a law for the sake of an imaginary being?

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I paid $1.13.9 at an Esso New Years day off of yankee valley blvd.  My receipt says one thing, the peanut gallery says another

That's Airdrie. I can't speak for Airdrie.

Still doesn't change my statement that your source that you got that graph from is unreliable. Those aren't Calgary prices.

Edited by Shift-4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Personal markings? Not so much. Religious statements ( like my anti- religion tats are)

A separation of what I see as Church and State...Cops, gov officials etc...

Your answer is a question?

So, I take that as a no and that you don't agree with R Fords statement about personal freedom etc..but you want do defend their religious freedom despite the personal safety? 

Why arn't they forced to develop large turban helmets or something? instead of doing away with a law for the sake of an imaginary being?

I think Ford was doing some lame political pandering there. If one of those guys gets greased or injured and you can prove it was due to not wearing a helmet his family can probably sue the government.

Quebec's law presupposes that someone wearing a symbol can't do their job. Thats a terrible precedent to try to set. No one can prove that situation is guaranteed in all but the most extreme cases. Quebec knew it was unconstitutional which is why they invoked the notwithstanding clause and avoid a supreme court case for at least 5 years. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no it can't, our hate speech laws would prevent that. 

We both know there's loop holes in the law and it's easy to start a religion, all they would have to is change a few words around and swap out the bad ones boom no longer a hate speech , also does Muslims teachings say we are evil? Or I got that missed up?

also with your logic....say you come to see me and you see KKK necklace hanging around my neck would you be okay with that?  Hate groups and religion arnt that different , lots of times the same laws apply to both. 

3 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

That's Airdrie. I can't speak for Airdrie.

Still doesn't change my statement that your source that you got that graph from is unreliable. Those aren't Calgary prices.

That graph was taken of and around Calgary's average prices as were apparently listed on that date.  You cannot find a reliable highest price point or average price point anymore easily as almost all searches lead directly to "cheapest price" or gas buddy

That in itself should be quite telling to people about things.

Still curious though for the usual suspects.  if the carbon tax is so bad, why do they keep touting how all is well and gas prices are still cheap.  I don't get it

Edited by Warhippy

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

We both know there's loop holes in the law and it's easy to start a religion, all they would have to is change a few words around and swap out the bad ones boom no longer a hate speech , also does Muslims teachings say we are evil? Or I got that missed up?

also with your logic....say you come to see me and you see KKK necklace hanging around my neck would you be okay with that?  Hate groups and religion arnt that different , lots of times the same laws apply to both. 

same as Christians and others, isn't it? religions are all weird. Except maybe Shinto.

My logic is, I want people judged on their job performance first and foremost. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

same as Christians and others, isn't it? religions are all weird. Except maybe Shinto.

Note that the same argument used against Trudeau for his gender neutral "it's 2015" cabinet for not hiring people based on conduct and merit are now being ignored by the people who are ignoring your question regarding being able to do the job being more important than visible religious items

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What do I know, I paid $1.13.9 at an Esso off of Yankee Valley near Market on the 1st but I guess my receipt is lying.

But here's a REALLY good question for Forsturd and the rest of you.

IF!!! Carbon tax is killing you all and raising prices so much, why are you in here defending how cheap and inexpensive gas is?

I mean y'all sound like schrodingers wexiteers arguing for something the lot of you say is a terrible thing.

Haha first you quote Lethbridge, then you post a Calgary chart, in which I easily debunked both. Now you’re quoting airdrie, with an anecdotal claim and no source/proof to back it up in an attempt to defend the bogus chart you posted.  Fun fact is I ask my coworker who lives in airdrie and she even laughed at you, she said if you paid 113.9 then you got duped because no where else was in those ranges. Highest she saw was 108 and the was only bright in the am until they adjusted later in the day.  Also Talked to people at the head office of UFA and they also said none of there stores between red deer and Lethbridge went that high.  Oh yeah that same esso today is at 99 cents. 

That chart also without a source that was shut down by your favorite news source “CBC” in which screen captured the months average gas prices....for Calgary. 

yet still, here you are not willing to admit you made a mistake and you keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole, all because you blindly jumped on to anti conservative tweet without fact checking, your as bad as the gullible sucks that repost rebel news. 

Typically you are better than that and leave the Facebook gossip type news to kos and Rupert,  I don’t know maybe you were still hungover from New Years and that’s forgivable. But for some reason you keep trying to stick with it, despite the piles of evidence that disagrees with you. You made a mistake own it and move on. 

Carbon tax doesn’t just affect the price at the pump. As someone who uses the benefit of Alberta’s cheap natural gas to sell it to companies around the world I see the direct effects on our margin to how much carbon tax affects our business.  But here I am trying to explain alberta energy business to a photographer from BC.

and that’s Mr. Forsberg to you. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

and that’s Mr. Forsberg to you. 

BC and Sask tourism departments  could hire you.... after people meet you... they would cancel their Alberta holidays and go to BC and SASk instead.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

That graph was taken of and around Calgary's average prices as were apparently listed on that date.  You cannot find a reliable highest price point or average price point anymore easily as almost all searches lead directly to "cheapest price" or gas buddy

Source?

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I mean...

Whatever

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 10.46.47 AM.png

Man you keep making yourself look terrible. Why didn't you respond to the screenshots I showed you.

7 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Don’t you know hip knows more about Alberta then albertan’s do. Haha

He’s been caught, he saw an anti-conservative tweet, jumped the wagon and reposted it in an attempt to act smart and condescending like everyone else with a agenda to prove. He didn’t do his fact checking. Then instead of just admitting his error, he doubled down by posting another inaccurate image without a source (again in an attempt to pretend he’s smarter than the rest of us) and once again Is wrong. 

Here’s a link from his most trusted source displaying his latest attempt is wrong again. as you can see, not once did Calgary prices average higher than $101.6 in the month of December despite his last post saying prices weren’t lower than 1.11 haha  image.jpeg.9ae3b7f63ca9260bf17a0a91960bdca6.jpeg

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5411645

Let’s see if he can go for the 3 swing strike out.....

I think he likes to make himself look stupid at this point.

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You very well may have...stupid you, drive down the road. Which esso you mean? A guy who lived there a long time is asking..

Even in chestermere we aren't a dollar. 

Bye hip..

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Note that the same argument used against Trudeau for his gender neutral "it's 2015" cabinet for not hiring people based on conduct and merit are now being ignored by the people who are ignoring your question regarding being able to do the job being more important than visible religious items

huh, I hadn't thought of it that way. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I agree with that 100% 

but we don't live in a world where that's 100% true, also

not to be rude but Muslims religion gets a bad rep cause most people even my self included only really have saw or heard of Muslims threw the news or history , that doesn't help..... Seems like the most of the time you hear about them , they want to change something or they are getting into trouble due to their religion. 

Also in today's world I don't think we should show our religion cause there's alot of sicko's out there and why put a target on your head? 

Theres a reason why you go into a rcmp station and everyone looks alike and same goes for the post office , there is a safety side to it , also like I said I would be just happy to be in North America so that's a small price to pay , it's only 8 to 10 hours a day. 

I guess that's why I think they should just try to fit in or be one with Canada instead of changing everything here , there's a reason why their here....

if they want to repeat of what happen that brought them to Canada.

Trying  to change Canada into their home , which they left.... 

Im all for them spreading their religion or going to church but if we continue to change the rules we will have Middle East problems....