The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats true. I was driving a smart car on the Coquihalla one time and a guy in a white dodge ram with AB plates tried to run me off the road. Not kidding, psycho nearly killed me and my wife. 

Did you forget to take your "Screw Alberta" sign out of your back window?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Did you forget to take your "Screw Alberta" sign out of your back window?

BCers don't have to worry about screwing Alberta... Albertans....

Albertans got screwed enough by their own elected provincial politicians the last 20 years.......  So much now most Albertans seem to walk with a limp.....

15 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You said Calgary that was wrong you claimed there was gouging by oil companies that was wrong you claimed prices went up a certain amount that they didn't that was wrong why are you blaming anyone else or insinuating other people will do something the only one who told a bunch of false stuff in this thread is you.

You and forsturd have serious reading comprehension issues.  It's cute

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's Sunday may as well keep beating the dead horse.

Maybe @Warhippy buys premium fuel. Is rednecks can only afford the cheap fuel.

20200105_104623.jpg

20200105_104614.jpg

Not sure what you're trying to prove here.  Nobody used the word redneck.  Stop playing the victim

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You and forsturd have serious reading comprehension issues.  It's cute

Not sure what you're trying to prove here.  Nobody used the word redneck.  Stop playing the victim

Kos uses it every day. It doesn't bother me at all.

I haven't seen fuel above 101.9 in Calgary and surrounding area. There is no reading comprehension it's you backtracking on the made up "oil companies gouging " nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I haven't seen fuel above 101.9 in Calgary and surrounding area. There is no reading comprehension it's you backtracking on the made up "oil companies gouging " nonsense. 

Yes of course.  Like i said earlier...... i did live in Alberta for a few years back in the day.....

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats true. I was driving a smart car on the Coquihalla one time and a guy in a white dodge ram with AB plates tried to run me off the road. Not kidding, psycho nearly killed me and my wife. 

I own a white dodge ram....

Thank god you saw the AB lic plate,so it wasn't me. 

I'm happy you aren't one of the people I try to run off the road. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe if b.c had oil companies it's public schools wouldn't suck so then some people could read numbers....

people love to pick on oil but b.c has logging...

atleast oil companies donated to the towns or schools in their area, I've lost track of the arenas or parks I've seen built thx to oil money and that's not just Alberta.

didn't  you know oil companies do no good....:bigblush:

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Maybe if b.c had oil companies it's public schools wouldn't suck so then some people could read numbers....

people love to pick on oil but b.c has logging...

atleast oil companies donated to the towns or schools in their area, I've lost track of the arenas or parks I've seen built thx to oil money and that's not just Alberta.

didn't  you know oil companies do no good....:bigblush:

I have posted this many times. The amount oil companies give back is amazing, they help small towns and indigenous kids all over Alberta and Saskatchewan. Can't remember ever hearing weyerhauser giving back.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ram, gross.

@Jimmy McGill doesn't understand, Rams are such junk he probably wasn't running him off the road the pos ram was probably malfunctioning. :towel:

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have posted this many times. The amount oil companies give back is amazing, they help small towns and indigenous kids all over Alberta and Saskatchewan. Can't remember ever hearing weyerhauser giving back.

Can add Manitoba to that list also. 

Kinda sad I know Can-for while they had the mill in canal flats , the town tried to fund raise to build a new park , that was five or more years before the mill left the flats and the town has nothing from Can-for to show from having the mill there for all those years...oh and the town is still fund raising......

Edited by RowdyCanuck

6 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Can add Manitoba to that list also. 

Kinda sad I know Can-for while they had the mill in canal flats , the town tried to fund raise to build a new park , that was five or more years before the mill left the flats and the town has nothing from Can-for to show from having the mill there for all those years...oh and the town is still fund raising......

What park? The park down on the lake is complete. Canfor has their mills in Radium, Elko and Creston. The old mill maintenace building in Canal Flats was sold to some tech

firm. I am not sure what they do. They wanted the electrical infrastructure I believe. The move in the industry now seems to be more value added as raw wood supply diminishes. 

12 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

This redneck talk....I've been through Alberta dozens of times over years....   Vancouver Island has more redneck credibility from its loggers, fishermen, tug boaters and hockey players than those hicks. 

I can't really speak about the entire island, but Duncan can redneck with the best of them.

I know Strome says Alberta has the best of everything, but that part of the island could teach them a thing or two...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

What park? The park down on the lake is complete. Canfor has their mills in Radium, Elko and Creston. The old mill maintenace building in Canal Flats was sold to some tech

firm. I am not sure what they do. They wanted the electrical infrastructure I believe. The move in the industry now seems to be more value added as raw wood supply diminishes. 

Oh no a grant paid for all that even the rink.

You know where the rink is? That old park right there if I remember right both the school park could use some work also. 

Yea tech is better then that that mill I agree but I'm pointing out canal flats had a mill and got next to nothing from it......

9 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

its a humours story now, but at the time I was furious. If i was in the US and armed... dunno, I might have taken a shot. Thank god we have better gun laws up here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I can't really speak about the entire island, but Duncan can redneck with the best of them.

I know Strome says Alberta has the best of everything, but that part of the island could teach them a thing or two...

Haha,Yes I can confirm the Island has some redneckiness. Topics around the family dinner last night included, Excavators, getting Side by Sides stuck, the best way to repair a fence after the recent wind storm and getting ready for beer league hockey after the meal. 

Kinda  eviro-rednecks though, lots of people on the island that vote Green and NDP.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha,Yes I can confirm the Island has some redneckiness. Topics around the family dinner last night included, Excavators, getting Side by Sides stuck, the best way to repair a fence after the recent wind storm and getting ready for beer league hockey after the meal. 

Kinda  eviro-rednecks though, lots of people on the island that vote Green and NDP.

I, for one, think it's possible to be in the logging industry (or oil, for that matter) and still care about the environment.

IMO, it's this whole "all or nothing" attitude (on both sides) that results in so little progress being made.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I, for one, think it's possible to be in the logging industry (or oil, for that matter) and still care about the environment.

IMO, it's this whole "all or nothing" attitude (on both sides) that results in so little progress being made.

ding ding ding.

the world is grey but these discussions are always black or white.