The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

I guess knowing that the rest of the nation will be stuck cleaning this stuff up.  We can stop whining about transfer payments and how bad Alberta has it compared to everyone else on the planet right?

And before you attack the Lin, the CD Howe institute is FAR from leftist and it is entirely correct in its summation of cost, mitigation cost and amount of wells as well as who is likely to pay for it based on current clean up standards and industrial liabilities in Alberta regarding orphaned well clean up measures

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/01/05/albertas-200-billion-oil-gas-clean-up-bill-will-be-footed-by-the-rest-of-canada/?fbclid=IwAR1Zy_QL5p8JgmTIuz2xhlr5iem_zG-Jf6JeqnP1Ay_Fq168MwZe71_pOLA

Edited by Warhippy

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

wow :picard:

I'd be giddy tho if this actually works and splits the right side vote again, I have to admit. Keep 'em comin' Wexit-guy. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wow :picard:

I'd be giddy tho if this actually works and splits the right side vote again, I have to admit. Keep 'em comin' Wexit-guy. 

That's precisely what it will do.  Just like the Reform party through the 90s until it takes over the current CPC in 24 years.

Honestly I'm not shocked at this, the tactics they'll engage in.  But I'm sure as hell ashamed as a Canadian that this is what our nation is turning in to

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

That's precisely what it will do.  Just like the Reform party through the 90s until it takes over the current CPC in 24 years.

Honestly I'm not shocked at this, the tactics they'll engage in.  But I'm sure as hell ashamed as a Canadian that this is what our nation is turning in to

its not our nation, its section of southern Alberta. 

5 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

it's not even that

it's a select few vocal dimwits

no one that I talk to takes this seriously

when @Ryan Strome accuses me of hating on Alberta, its these folks that I'm taking about, the loud minority that promotes the ugly and hateful myths that a certain portion of the province seems to enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Those are some stupid billboards, aimed at stupid people.

I wonder if it reaches the libel level.?

some of it might but all a trial would do is breathe more life into the stupidity. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some of it might but all a trial would do is breathe more life into the stupidity. 

I suppose so, some knuckle dragger will get upset about his rights, without giving a crap for the rights of the damaged party.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

I suppose so, some knuckle dragger will get upset about his rights, without giving a crap for the rights of the damaged party.

I'm waiting for the Wexiteers to propose digging a big trench from Alberta to Hudson Bay. Get every farmer out there along the route to dig his part for the new nation. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

Those are some stupid billboards, aimed at stupid people.

I wonder if it reaches the libel level.?

As someone who admittedly has no legal background, I'd say that if someone said that about me, I'd be exploring a libel suit for sure....

Of course, were JT to do that, Albertans (and the National Post) would immediately claim that he was further "dividing Canada"....:rolleyes:

It's embarrassing really....i look at Trump rallies and shake my head at the red dunce cap wearing yokels and think "I'm glad I don't live in a country like that"....yet Canadians that live on the prairies are proving me wrong....:picard:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As someone who admittedly has no legal background, I'd say that if someone said that about me, I'd be exploring a libel suit for sure....

Of course, were JT to do that, Albertans (and the National Post) would immediately claim that he was further "dividing Canada"....:rolleyes:

It's embarrassing really....i look at Trump rallies and shake my head are the red dunce cap wearing yokels and think "I'm glad I don't live in a country like that"....yet Canadians that live on the prairies are proving me wrong....:picard:

I figure Canada is about 10 years behind the idiocy, time enough to turn it around, but I doubt we will.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

I figure Canada is about 10 years behind the idiocy, time enough to turn it around, but I doubt we will.

Hopefully, TMX will be done by then and a lot of the ammunition will be gone....

I'm sure they'll find something else to whine about, but with the pipeline built, it should be obvious that whining is what it is....

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its not our nation, its section of southern Alberta. 

43 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

it's not even that

it's a select few vocal dimwits

no one that I talk to takes this seriously

36 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

when @Ryan Strome accuses me of hating on Alberta, its these folks that I'm taking about, the loud minority that promotes the ugly and hateful myths that a certain portion of the province seems to enjoy. 

Those signs were predominantly put around Edmonton. Down here we already know that's all true..:ph34r:

• Haha 3