The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Ashton Sautner, assign Oscar Fantenberg to Comets

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Did Stetcher get hurt in the first period last night? He was gone for 7 minutes according to Shorty. 

I think he got knocked into the boards in the third period, I saw the Florida player stop and try to help him up.

But why not OJ, MacIntyre writes he thinks OJ is doing FAAAaannnnTTAAAASsstic in Utica. NOT.

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy

15 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

I think he got knocked into the boards in the third period, I saw the Florida player stop and try to help him up.

But why not OJ, MacIntyre writes he thinks OJ is doing FAAAaannnnTTAAAASsstic in Utica. NOT.

Corey Hergott (Canucks Army writer who follows Utica) seems to feel OJ is doing just fine.  OJ has missed a lot of time and it seems like he may still be regaining strength in his knee so maybe management just wants him to get as close to 100% as possible before calling him up.  It doesn't look good for OJ to not be the first call-up but he's also had a rough go of it health-wise.

• Upvote 2

From what I have read and listened to, Joulevi is doing just fine in Utica. He needs to play, play , play. Time on the ice and gaining confidence is the only priority for his development. You do that by playing big minutes in all areas of the game, PK, PP, 5 on 5. Not sitting on the bench in Vancouver.

OJ is only going to get that in Utica.

We forget he is still only 21 years old.

There is a league full of defenders playing into their late 30's, no need to rush him early this season as there is a whole career still in front of him.

For anyone that has played sport at any level, you will know that being confident that your body will do what you ask of it in any given situation is crucial. If you dont trust your body you tend to do un natural things and thats when you dont perform at your peak.

OJ has to learn to be confident again and that is happening right now in Utica. He was selected because he showed he can do those things in juniors. With some more time and confidence he will do them again ( he has already started to in Utica).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Something tells me they want to bring up OJ for more than just games at a time. I don't think Sautner is expected to be here long, let alone play meaningful amount of games this stint. If you're gonna disrupt OJ's flow it should be to replace a guy on LTIR or something.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Canucks recall Ashton Sautner, assign Oscar Fantenberg to Comets