The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Flyers 25/11/2019 -- 4PM Pacific -- Live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

15 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Why are we all just letting it slide that LE is in the lineup and Sven isn’t. This is &^@#ing ridiculous. 

Loui wasn't the problem tonight.  He seemed ready to play, but most of the team wasn't.  Was playing decently, absorbed a couple of hits to make plays, had a good defensive clear, then misses one Hughes slapshot pass and the fanbase is all over him.   I guess once you are the whipping boy there is no respite

• Wat 1

Just now, Deets said:

Honestly, I would have stuck with Hughes and Tanev. You still want a stay at home defenceman when you pull a goalie to keep an eye on net.

Fair enough. I was thinking more along the lines of going on a "full attack" considering we didn't generate much offence throughout the game. Pretty much a do or die situation, but with a risk involved.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yah.

It's the coaches job to get the effort out of the players, or at the very least have a system in place that's still capable of winning a hockey game even when the players aren't feeling it. Green has neither.

The defense of Green here is absolutely baffling. The team is constantly unprepared, and simply shouldn't look this lifeless considering the personell. Either all 18 skaters just happen the be playing like dog$&!# at the same time because reasons, or there's a common denominator. My money would be at the ladder.

My money is on the Players' lackluster effort tonight. 

If we don't have a system in place, I dont think we have beaten some of the teams we have beaten.

We just beat Wash in their own barn with 4-5 regulars out of the lineup. 

Coaches are not perfect and I would gladly do constructive criticism on them.

For instance, allowing first goal so often is somewhat on the coaches as I just mentioned in previous post.

But what's wrong is wrong. I stand by my word. Pro athletes do not need to be kicked around to work hard. 

Effort is something that is expected 100% of the time. 

It's the other factors that influence players' bad performance. 

If the whole team works their butts off and constantly lose even with all regulars in the lineup, then, absolutely, the system is garbage. The incompetent coaches gotta go.

But if effort isnt there to begin with.. It's definitely on the players.

• Cheers 1

Just now, LowerMainLander18 said:

My money is on the Players' lackluster effort tonight. 

If we don't have a system in place, I dont think we have beaten some of the teams we have beaten.

We just beat Wash in their own barn with 4-5 regulars out of the lineup. 

Coaches are not perfect and I would gladly do constructive criticism on them.

For instance, allowing first goal so often is somewhat on the coaches as I just mentioned in previous post.

But what's wrong is wrong. I stand by my word. Pro athletes do not need to be kicked around to work hard. 

Effort is something that is expected 100% of the time. 

It's the other factors that influence players' bad performance. 

If the whole team works their butts off and constantly lose even with all regulars in the lineup, then, absolutely, the system is garbage. The incompetent coaches gotta go.

But if effort isnt there to begin with.. It's definitely on the players.

If the effort isn't there, the coach needs to figure out a way to get it out of the players. You say professional athletes don't need to be "kicked around". Considering the effort tonight, I disagree wholeheartedly. 

Just now, LowerMainLander18 said:

We will see lineup changes. :) 

Thank god, but someone needs to keep the players accountable. Yes, in an ideal world, the players shouldn't need someone to give them a kick in the ass, but we don't live in an ideal world. At the end of the day the players are still human, and they need someone that can give them that kick in the ass every now and then. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Thank god, but someone needs to keep the players accountable. Yes, in an ideal world, the players shouldn't need someone to give them a kick in the ass, but we don't live in an ideal world. At the end of the day the players are still human, and they need someone that can give them that kick in the ass every now and then. 

Ya.. would be nice if we have the roster luxury to be able to bench players. Even some of our top guys.. 

Big Mac was benched for missing out on a few clear outs for instance.

But we can't really bench Boeser because our lineup tonight was so shallow. Not that Brock is the kind of guy who needs punishment to be pushed. 

Just hoping to get everyone back so the players can just hold each other accountable.

And I sure hope we dont witness another game like this again :(