The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

There it is.  One man already fired for Scheer funneling money to his kids.  More to follow.  Plus a forensic audit of expenses

Should be interesting

Heads have to roll.  You donate to political parties so they can run campaigns and win elections.   Not so some dumb kids can go to private school.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

She is?

I thought the Federal Lib were the opposite of the the provincial LIbs?

Well not opposite but BC liberals were a PC party but CC was a more left leaning PC. Her husband worked for the federal liberals iirc. The BC liberals are a disaster that are something else everytime they open their mouths.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Bob Rae was the ndp premier of Ontario and then a federal liberal. 

I might be wrong on him being a member of the Liberal party prior to joining the NDP (and later becoming premier of Ontario) as I just assumed he was given he had worked for the Federal Liberals around his University days in the late 60s for Trudeau senior.

46 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I might be wrong on him being a member of the Liberal party prior to joining the NDP (and later becoming premier of Ontario) as I just assumed he was given he had worked for the Federal Liberals around his University days in the late 60s for Trudeau senior.

Oh I could be wrong. I only know back to the Rae days when he royally screwed Ontario. 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh I could be wrong. I only know back to the Rae days when he royally screwed Ontario. 

Does it really matter? Unless I've lost the plot, we were talking about who would be the Cons' best bet to replace Scheer and unseat JT in the next election.

Are we in agreement that Rona would be the first choice, or is there someone else Conservatives would prefer?

On 12/12/2019 at 1:39 PM, Dekey Pete said:

You don't believe it?  Never heard of the boss using the company assets for his/her own personal purposes?  It probably happens a lot more than you'd think, and I'd bet it's not just isolated to the conservative party.

Yea I remember this one time a politician in Canada used his position to stop a legal investigation, then he even tampered in the investigation to his stopping of an investigation. And then there was a woman involved who got kicked out of that same party.... I forget who that guy is.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yea I remember this one time a politician in Canada used his position to stop a legal investigation, then he even tampered in the investigation to his stopping of an investigation. And then there was a woman involved who got kicked out of that same party.... I forget who that guy is.

No one man should have all that power.

He didn't even need his friends like this other guy I heard of that was recently holding on to his very unpopular position until it was found out he was stealing money and then he had no other choice to quit but not before leaving his party in a mess that followed an election that should have been a slam dunk?

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No one man should have all that power.

He didn't even need his friends like this other guy I heard of that was recently holding on to his very unpopular position until it was found out he was stealing money and then he had no other choice to quit but not before leaving his party in a mess that followed an election that should have been a slam dunk?

No but this guy is also working towards limiting free speech and gun control, which are 2 of the exact same tactics the Nazi’ used. 3 if you include using children to commit political interference.

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

No but this guy is also working towards limiting free speech and gun control, which are 2 of the exact same tactics the Nazi’ used. 3 if you include using children to commit political interference.

Sounds awful, is he Austrian and likes to paint? 

This the same dude trying to ban conversion therapy? 

Give me some time, I'll figure out who this is!

57 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Does it really matter? Unless I've lost the plot, we were talking about who would be the Cons' best bet to replace Scheer and unseat JT in the next election.

Are we in agreement that Rona would be the first choice, or is there someone else Conservatives would prefer?

Ambrose, O'toole, Rempel, Hillier.

45 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Hi pot. 

I have never called kids dumb. Most normal human beings don't. 

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Who? Been so busy hip.

Conservative [party leader Dustin Van Vugt (sp) was fired and now others are being investigated as well as a forensic audit being started to figure out who was spending what where and why.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

OMG phew, right up until you mentioned the lady being fired I thought you were talking about that guy who prorogued parliament twice to fend of rcmp and internal investigations in to fraud and corruption prior to actual ethics laws being put in place after it was all effectively swept under the rug

• Haha 1