The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

30 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They only really appease to the one side though. Abortions are covered by the government. 

Yes, of course it appeases the one side that makes sense and respects the rights of women.......

The mostly  old men on the other side of the issue  that want to control womens choice / bodies........  well you can probably imagine what i want to say......

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Never said everyone.  Just agreed that there's little to no way someone has access to party funds and somehow someway manages to spend them outside of party measures without someone knowing.

My bad. I thought you were suggesting mp's.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Christy Clark next Fed Con  Leader . - Canada  is doomed.....

Actually I believe her husband or boyfriend or ex-husband worked for the Liberals and I believe she is closer to the federal liberals. But let's face reality she couldn't lead a circle j$%k

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, of course it appeases the one side that makes sense and respects the rights of women.......

The mostly  old men on the other side of the issue  that want to control womens choice / bodies........  well you can probably imagine what i want to say......

It’s not just only old men that want that. I’ve thoroughly looked into this. There’s a ton a various people’s.  It’s people who believe that the unborn child/baby has rights. That’s what they’re arguing. So it’s a women vs baby/unborn child argument. 

When you get down to it the anti-side makes a few valid points like the fact that it is used as a method of birth control. That I can agree with. And the pro abortion makes some points as well. I try to hear both sides in order to have a better understanding to pick one but I am very split on the topic personally

The problem is that both sides are making moral arguments. Baby vs Women. It’s a stand still. Personally I try to think of ways both sides can come to an understanding but it seems difficult. I’d really like for it to end but it probably won’t. 

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Is anything such thing as 'permanent' in politics?  Party Leaders are like NHL GMs.  They get to keep their jobs as long as they are winning.

Dude is basically personally responsible for losing an election when he had it handed to him by pretty boy.  Guy eff'd up more than Steve Smith scoring on his own net.  No party is THAT stupid to nominate him again as leader.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Dude is basically personally responsible for losing an election when he had it handed to him by pretty boy.  Guy eff'd up more than Steve Smith scoring on his own net.  No party is THAT stupid to nominate him again as leader.

I don't think anyone has even suggested that they would.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

My bad. I thought you were suggesting mp's.

Actually I believe her husband or boyfriend or ex-husband worked for the Liberals and I believe she is closer to the federal liberals. But let's face reality she couldn't lead a circle j$%k

Nah.  It's just like the Butts, Nigel nonsense.

But they're just staffers so no harm no foul

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

To much baggage. Using military helicopters to fly to a island get away. The cpc is turning into the liberals, globalist that are corrupt as hell. Probably best to be PPC and liberals moving forward. A real choice.

Wife said' what about Mackay?' I said 'dunno, I'll ask my peeps'

thx  Ryan.

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It was pretty well known he was getting the boot in the spring when the Cons were going to hold their post election meeting.  He had a golden opportunity and just tried to use the same bashing ads for an entire 40 day campaign and never gave 2 craps about actually explaining and trying to promote the parties policy and plan.  It was horrendous to watch, I couldn't believe how bad he botched the whole thing.  Still I don't know how he won over Bernier originally, that was the parties biggest mistake.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

what about Mackay?

The issue with MacKay is that he is entirely self serving.  he has some serious gaffes in his background, not including the $44k photo op in the mock up F-35.  the F-35 portfolio as well as the military bungles over a decade not even mentioning the coast guard crab fish.  He sold the actual Conservative party to the Reformers which lead to the social conservancy we see in the leadership rank and file now.

O'Toole, Ambrose, repel would be FAR better choices.  MacKay has as much leadership in him as Scheer or Trudeau but with more yes man qualities than either

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

It really isn't. 

Abortions as a method of birth control is a waste of taxpayers money when you can buy a pack of condoms for 5 bucks or get pills. 

If people were more responsible and mindful there would be a lot less abortions.

That’s something I can really agree with

Edited by Junkyard Dog

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps it had something to do with those policies and plans being repugnant to 2/3 +/-of Canadians...?

:lol:

Conservative supporters really need to sort out that the 'Conservative' party really doesn't have the best interests of most Canadians reflected in their policies.

Their proven failed, trickle down economics and corporate welfare at the expense of infrastructure and programs that help actual Canadians is ridiculous. Their archaic social policies are repugnant. Their environmental plan is laughable.

Scheer may have been an un-electable boob, but he's far from the only reason they didn't win.

Blaming Scheer is easy and comforting. Confronting the reality that the CPC's archaic policies have to change if they want to attract voters is much harder. I am not expecting a different playbook from the next conservative, most likely he/she too runs on a campaign of "Trudeau bad" to avoid talking about policy. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps there's a inherent problem with the CON party, platform and message....?

Yes there is. Cannot communicate a coherent philosophy. Supposed to be a party of free enterprise and yet cannot run the CPC using their own principles. Their SIMS software still doesn’t run well after +12 years. 

• Cheers 1