The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

On 12/21/2019 at 5:32 PM, Ossi Vaananen said:

The thing with Madden is he just can't add weight. The dude is still playing at 155, which is where we drafted him. He'll get murdered in the NHL playing at that weight, especially since he likes to muck it up infront of the net. I've long thought he could be moved for a deadline piece. With a young core, we can be picky with our prospects, right up until we have to start paying said core, then ELCs will be gold. 

As for Andersson, I'd be fine with a cap dump or some Utica depth going the other way. Lias isn't worth more than that now, as he's struggling to find the NA game. I'd say save our picks, we need them; JB has added a 2nd far too many times for my comfort.

I'm not worried about weight of a 20 year old at all. People physically mature at different ages, I have worked with numerous athletes that have started putting on mass well into their 20s. I myself, even after always being fit, wasn't able to start putting on any real muscle mass until about 26 or 27. Now at 30 the real problem is keeping it off... it's different for everyone.

27 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

think the rangers wanted EP that draft.

Rumour has it the canucks were trying to trade down a spot to gain an extra pick #6 OA.

They felt they could still get petey there, then it was heard that the rangers tried moving ahead of vancouver to get Petey but couldn't find any dance partners at the draft. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No it isn't. Not even close.

Please enlighten me here.... we have a $3M+ depreciating asset in Baertschi that nobody cared to pick up via the waivers and is currently rotting down in the AHL.... in Lias Andersson, there's a potential upside + a lot cheaper in cap hit... Baertschi's cap hit carries through the next 2 seasons and you don't think it's a fair deal if we can find a taker that would pay a good portion of his salary + sending us Andersson?

Are you trolling or you think the world out of Baertschi's current value?

• Wat 3

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Rumour has it the canucks were trying to trade down a spot to gain an extra pick #6 OA.

They felt they could still get petey there, then it was heard that the rangers tried moving ahead of vancouver to get Petey but couldn't find any dance partners at the draft. 

Worked out well. Hearing that makes me wonder if Canuck Luck is slowly turning. I mean, it would really have been our old luck to have missed out on Petey and draft Andersson instead. Then have him toss a medal, walk out on his club. Just sounds like a story that was made for us, lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Please enlighten me here.... we have a $3M+ depreciating asset in Baertschi that nobody cared to pick up via the waivers and is currently rotting down in the AHL.... in Lias Andersson, there's a potential upside + a lot cheaper in cap hit... Baertschi's cap hit carries through the next 2 seasons and you don't think it's a fair deal if we can find a taker that would pay a good portion of his salary + sending us Andersson?

Are you trolling or you think the world out of Baertschi's current value?

Wooooossshhhhhhhh!

That was the sound of my reply going quickly over your head.

Baer is worth nothing.

Andersson is worth a lot more as he is a recent 7th overall pick. 

No one wants Baer, hence, you cannot trade him for Andersson.  Good god man.....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 12/23/2019 at 2:38 PM, Brock Botanen said:

How about Juolevi for Andersson straight up?

Probably a fair trade. I  wouldn't do it though. Canucks seriously lack young up and coming D depth. OJ is still a question mark but he should stay with the organization till the question is answered.

Edited by rekker
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Rangers fans proposed the following on hf:

Keppen + Eliot + Madden 

for 

Andersson

Haha....that would be a pathetic trade for the Canucks.  I would not even trade Madden straight up for Andersson.....

I'd consider Madden only based on the whole free agent, college rule thing. If JB gets the feeling Madden won't sign here then best trade him, just spitballing though. Otherwise I agree

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm not sure how low some people think his value is, but he was a 7th overall pick 2 years ago. The Rangers aren't going to give him away for scraps.

HoSang was a first rounder, later but still a first. He was just on waivers, has had more success in the NHL then Andersson, and no one claimed him. I think Anderssons value is real low. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

HoSang was a first rounder, later but still a first. He was just on waivers, has had more success in the NHL then Andersson, and no one claimed him. I think Anderssons value is real low. 

Hmm, perhaps you're right, could he be a player the Canucks take a chance on? I've heard he's had good chemistry with Pettersson in Sweden. My worry would be his entitled attitude. 

47 minutes ago, rekker said:

Probably a fair trade. I I wouldn't do it though. Canucks seriously lack young up and coming D depth. OJ is still a question mark but he should stay with the organization till the question is answered.

I like Juolevi also, but a duo of Pettersson and Andersson is intriguing to say the least. With Hughes and Tryamkin we have 2 very solid defenceman and we also have Woo, Brisebois, Rafferty, and other fine young Dmen coming up.

Juolevi wont give us a boost this year and Andersson could come in and have instant chemistry. 

Just imagine this lineup.. (Tryamkin should be back for playoffs)

Virtanen Pettersson Andersson

Miller Horvat Boeser

Pearson Gaudette Motte

Roussel Beagle Schaller/Eriksson

Hughes Myers

Edler Tanev

Tryamkin Stetcher

Benn

Marky

Demko

I this Tryamkin would be perfect top pairing with Hughes in Myers place, but set it like this because this will be more likely scenerio.

That top 6 would be lit

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hmm, perhaps you're right, could he be a player the Canucks take a chance on? I've heard he's had good chemistry with Pettersson in Sweden. My worry would be his entitled attitude. 

I hear you. When I first heard of his latest gaffs I thought as well that the Canucks should go after him. Then I remembered on NHL Network how a correspondent did not have much good to say about Anderssons game. If you look at his AHL numbers, pretty underwhelming. I'm not saying we shouldn't take a flyer on him. Just that I wouldn't offer much. I'd offer Lockwood or Madden if I thought they weren't signing. A player that walks on his team after a deserved demotion is a huge, huge, red flag. 

4 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I like Juolevi also, but a duo of Pettersson and Andersson is intriguing to say the least. With Hughes and Tryamkin we have 2 very solid defenceman and we also have Woo, Brisebois, Rafferty, and other fine young Dmen coming up.

Juolevi wont give us a boost this year and Andersson could come in and have instant chemistry. 

Just imagine this lineup.. (Tryamkin should be back for playoffs)

Virtanen Pettersson Andersson

Miller Horvat Boeser

Pearson Gaudette Motte

Roussel Beagle Schaller/Eriksson

Hughes Myers

Edler Tanev

Tryamkin Stetcher

Benn

Marky

Demko

I this Tryamkin would be perfect top pairing with Hughes in Myers place, but set it like this because this will be more likely scenerio.

That top 6 would be lit

I think Andersson could be interesting with Petey as well. Just so dangerous to give up on a dman like OJ before you see what you got. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

I think Andersson could be interesting with Petey as well. Just so dangerous to give up on a dman like OJ before you see what you got. 

Maybe we can get a D prospect back or a 2nd or 3rd as well to take a Dman with.

Since OJ is a Dman and Lias is a forward, maybe OJ holds more value

And if we are wrong atleast we sent OJ to the East

Edited by Brock Botanen