The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

1 minute ago, rekker said:

On a side note. I wonder if JB would ever approach EP and ask what he would think of adding Andersson to the  team. 

I would hope so. He could be scared off though since the last time he tried to recreate a swedish success story it created a $6M hole in our cap for 6 years lol

• Haha 2

A line of: Hoglander - Pettersson - Andersson could be good, but Andersson could also become another Dahlen. And with his bad attitude, I'm not sure Benning is willing to take the chance. The Canucks already know his character anyway, having interviewed him prior to the Draft, etc.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Rangers fans proposed the following on hf:

Keppen + Eliot + Madden 

for 

Andersson

Haha....that would be a pathetic trade for the Canucks.  I would not even trade Madden straight up for Andersson.....

Idk man. Elias + Lias is very very intriguing 

3 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Maybe we can get a D prospect back or a 2nd or 3rd as well to take a Dman with.

Since OJ is a Dman and Lias is a forward, maybe OJ holds more value

And if we are wrong atleast we sent OJ to the East

Can't do it. I've all but written off OJ, but I just can't do it. I need to see him healthy for awhile first. FYI, OJ scored tonight. No joke, lol.

8 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

With hindsight, it seems that it was EP who was driving that line. If I was the GM, I would only offer a fourth and moving on real quick from this player.....

I remember people thinking Jake was a bust.

Funny how some of these top 10 picks develop into solid players after a learning curve. Maybe I'm wrong but it is WAY TOO EARLY to suggest a top 10 pick from 2 years ago is a bust. I bet Juolevi is only worth a 4th too right? Lol

13 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Funny how some of these top 10 picks develop into solid players after a learning curve. Maybe I'm wrong but it is WAY TOO EARLY to suggest a top 10 pick from 2 years ago is a bust. I bet Juolevi is only worth a 4th too right? Lol

When it comes to evaluating, it is always up to what the other person is willing to pay.  You might not agree, but that is ok - I was simply just stating my opinion if I was a GM.  I like players that wants to earned their ice time despite the situation - keep grinding !

3 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Thing is Andersson walking out on the team is a big, big, bright red flag. He really lowered his trade value with that. Kid needs to work on his game in the minors and walks instead. Not good at all. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm not sure how low some people think his value is, but he was a 7th overall pick 2 years ago. The Rangers aren't going to give him away for scraps.

He requested a trade and he hasn't proven anything at the NHL level.

The Rangers don't exactly have the high ground here.

• Cheers 1

Andersson had grit, speed and power, known for his battle & compete level on his CV when he was drafted. Captain of team Sweden.  

But not big upside by memory?

To me we need a 2knd power defensive centre long term to compliment Horvat. Gaudette could be that guy? 

Andersson is, however, over 200lbs.  Better suited to that defensive role. I mentioned earlier?  It was dumb to have a defensive centre in the NHL at 19 and 20 years old.  Maybe his attitude was an issue?  Maybe it is now! But nothing could be better for a 20 year old defensive centre than having to battle for your life in the AHL.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, DeNiro said:

Absolutely not.

Andersson is trending towards being a bust right now. At best he’s looking like a 3rd liner. We have enough of those and are gonna need our 2nds with the loss of our 1st.

He's what, 2 years younger than Gaudette?  Who is just making his way to the NHL.

I think writing him off would be dumb. Its no surprise there are techniques and lessons to be learned to be tasked with match ups as a young pivot.  Horvat was what, minus 30 when Sutter got hurt & he played that role at Andersson's age? 

On 12/22/2019 at 10:00 AM, DeNiro said:

:sick:

Madden is one of our best prospects right now. Why would we pay good value for a player that’s requested a trade?

They can take the 3rd straight up for Andersson. Probably the best they’ll get.

He's also 152 lbs.  Motte seems to play at not that much larger than that size on a depth line.  But its a fair possibility Madden will be a Top 6 or bust player.  

Where Andersson has the athletic ability that saw him as a top 10 pick.    

30 minutes ago, Tystick said:

He requested a trade and he hasn't proven anything at the NHL level.

The Rangers don't exactly have the high ground here.

Ho Sang requested a trade at the beginning of the season and still hasn’t gone anywhere.

My guess is the Rangers are not in a rush to do him any favours and there won’t be a long line of teams willing to offer fair value.

He’ll be lucky if he finds a new home by the trade deadline.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Andersson had grit, speed and power, known for his battle & compete level on his CV when he was drafted. Captain of team Sweden.  

To me we need a 2knd power defensive centre long term to compliment Horvat. Gaudette could be that guy? 

Andersson is, however, over 200lbs.  Better suited to that defensive role. I mentioned earlier?  It was dumb to have a defensive centre in the NHL at 19 and 20 years old.  Maybe his attitude was an issue?  Maybe it is now! But nothing could be better for a 20 year old defensive centre than having to battle for your life in the AHL.

He's what, 2 years younger than Gaudette?  Who is just making his way to the NHL.

I think writing him off would be dumb. Its no surprise there are techniques and lessons to be learned to be tasked with match ups as a young pivot.  Horvat was what, minus 30 when Sutter got hurt & he played that role at Andersson's age? 

He's also 152 lbs.  Motte seems to play at not that much larger than that size on a depth line.  But its a fair possibility Madden will be a Top 6 or bust player.  

I think you may be a little too focused on weight. Doesn’t matter how much Andersson weighs if he can’t get where he needs to be quick enough and win battles. 

Gaunce was big and good defensively but his skating kept him back. It will be the same thing with Andersson.

As fore Madden, he plays much bigger than his weight and knows how to win battles with body positioning much like Hughes. By the time he reaches the NHL he’ll be up to 170-80 lbs and be fine. His offensive game and his energy will allow him a much better chance than Andersson.

Andersson was largely overhyped because of his international play where he was able to outmuscle smaller players. Reality is setting in that he likely shouldn’t have been a top 10 pick.

20 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

IMO, Untouchable Prospects (RE Andersson)

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Madden

Lind

Focht

MacEwen

Tryamkin

Rafferty

Juolevi

Rathbone

Woo

Utunen

DiPietro

Silovs

Are those our untouchables or just every prospect that you could think of? 3/4's of your list is in no way untouchable.

The only prospects I can think of that are missing from that list are Gadjovich, Palmu (if you even consider him a real prospect), Jasek (same as Palmu), Brisebois (same), Teves (same) and Lockwood. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

IMO, Untouchable Prospects (RE Andersson)

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Madden

Lind

Focht

MacEwen

Tryamkin

Rafferty

Juolevi

Rathbone

Woo

Utunen

DiPietro

Silovs

Haha, that's all of them! You might have missed Keppen. I'll try my own list:

Untouchable:

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Lind

DiPietro

Promosing:

Rafferty

Madden

Rathbone

Get value before they bust:

Gadjovich

Woo

Juolevi

Tram and MacEwen are past the prospects stage to me. 

34 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Get value before they bust:

Gadjovich

Woo

Juolevi

Or trade them right before they break out and regret it.

We don’t have enough depth on D in our prospect pool to be giving up on Juolevi and Woo. And the “value” we’d get back won’t be anything more than a throw in in a trade.

Better to hang on to them and keep trying to develop them into NHLers. If we’re looking to marginally improve our roster we have plenty of forwards to do that.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I think you may be a little too focused on weight. Doesn’t matter how much Andersson weighs if he can’t get where he needs to be quick enough and win battles. 

Gaunce was big and good defensively but his skating kept him back. It will be the same thing with Andersson.

As fore Madden, he plays much bigger than his weight and knows how to win battles with body positioning much like Hughes. By the time he reaches the NHL he’ll be up to 170-80 lbs and be fine. His offensive game and his energy will allow him a much better chance than Andersson.

Andersson was largely overhyped because of his international play where he was able to outmuscle smaller players. Reality is setting in that he likely shouldn’t have been a top 10 pick.

I don't recall Andersson going nuts for team Sweden.  I remember him tearing up junior & playing SHL before he was drafted. I also remember more speed than he is being credited for here?

My guess is its ''game speed,'' ie processing the play fast enough, and even bigger pro's he has to take out down low.  Not acceleration.

How many 20 year old defensive centres have there been the last ten years?  Couturier?? 

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Madden is tracking better than Andersson right now.

And Canucks fans worrying about a prospects weight seems very ironic. Posters were suicidal when they found out the Canuck GM drafted a high 1st round player that weighed 162 and then turned into the Canucks franchise centreman a year and a bit later.

I would not trade Madden for Andersson. I would trade a B prospect and a later round pick though......why not?

• Like 2