The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

Strome is also reported to be on the block if NYR stays this far off the playoff pace.

Not a lot of teams have space to trade without sending money back... but we should be in on that if they would take a player like Sutter/Baertschi/Eriksson plus they pick/prospect they would want.

Edited by Provost

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So why was he fined then if it wasn't bad character? He should be awarded money then if it were truly a good character moment. Pfft. Don't give me that crap.

He broke a rule so he got fined. Are you telling me every player who has ever been fined has bad character?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, smokes said:

He broke a rule so he got fined. Are you telling me every player who has ever been fined has bad character?

But really. Not reporting to your farm team as a yet unproven player is not a good sign. I'd take a chance on him, but wouldn't give up much. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, smokes said:

It's definitely suggestive of it.

Asking for a trade and now, from what it sounds like, he's unwilling to report. Yes, I guess we are right. He has self-entitlement issues. He's like Sang-Ho.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:02 PM, Ossi Vaananen said:

Haha, that's all of them! You might have missed Keppen

Okay, some thought I made every prospect "untouchable", but hardly. This is the list of Canucks propsects that I'm okay moving in a package for upgrades:

Jasek

Graovac

Gadjovich

Perron

Keppen

McDonough

Karlsson

Costmar

Lockwood

Palmu

Manukyan

Malone

Plasek

Brisebois

Teves

Chatfield

Eliot

Sautner

Kielly

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, some thought I made every prospect "untouchable", but hardly. This is the list of Canucks propsects that I'm okay moving in a package for upgrades:

Jasek

Graovac

Gadjovich

Perron

Keppen

McDonough

Karlsson

Costmar

Lockwood

Palmu

Manukyan

Malone

Plasek

Brisebois

Teves

Chatfield

Eliot

Sautner

Kielly

Yep. I am ok with moving any and all C or B prospects as well if we can get a better player. I leave it to JB to figure out.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jasek

Graovac

Gadjovich

Perron

Keppen

McDonough

Karlsson

Costmar

Lockwood

Palmu

Manukyan

Malone

Plasek

Brisebois

Teves

Chatfield

Eliot

Sautner

Kielly

And what do you expect to get back in return? Would you give up any "upgrade" player for any of these guys currently?

On 12/30/2019 at 10:39 PM, Provost said:

Strome is also reported to be on the block if NYR stays this far off the playoff pace.

Not a lot of teams have space to trade without sending money back... but we should be in on that if they would take a player like Sutter/Baertschi/Eriksson plus they pick/prospect they would want.

Read CanucksWay.

Interesting proposals surrounding Andersson and OJ.  Both prospects less than stellar in their draft years.

Perhaps multi player deal?

Fast + Andersson

for

Baertschi + OJ

Fast makes less and is UFA next year.  Provides some cap relief this year and next if we don't resign him.  Andersson may flourish with Canucks (cuz Swedish connections).

Baer is a tweener that can be a placeholder while their prospects develop.  OJ may do well in NYR and is still a young defenceman. 

On 12/31/2019 at 12:08 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Jasek

Graovac

Gadjovich

Perron

Keppen

McDonough

Karlsson

Costmar

Lockwood

Palmu

Manukyan

Malone

Plasek

Brisebois

Teves

Chatfield

Eliot

Sautner

Kielly

So, basically none of these have any value, every organization is full of similar guys.

Our only “untouchable” prospects should be Podkolzin and Hoglander, and they aren’t really untouchable but it would be hard to think of a deal that would bring us something better.

Dipietro is tradable as we already have Demko and likely Markstrom locked up for several years.  An ideal asset to trade from organizational strength to need.

Lind may be a nice bottom

six guy as veteran contracts expire, but absolutely replaceable.  Madden is prime trade bait, we have our centres locked up and he will have to somehow surpass Podkolzin and Hoglander on the depth chart as a converted winger right at the same time they are going to be competing for roster spots.

Juolevi and Woo are harder to

give up as our D prospect depth is thin, but they are far from sure things as top 4 D... so if they are traded for an upgrade, no big deal.

Folks are ok giving up a 1st rounder for Miller, but balk at sending out later round B and C prospects because “maybe” they will hit. 

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BPA said:

Read CanucksWay.

Interesting proposals surrounding Andersson and OJ.  Both prospects less than stellar in their draft years.

Perhaps multi player deal?

Fast + Andersson

for

Baertschi + OJ

Fast makes less and is UFA next year.  Provides some cap relief this year and next if we don't resign him.  Andersson may flourish with Canucks (cuz Swedish connections).

Baer is a tweener that can be a placeholder while their prospects develop.  OJ may do well in NYR and is still a young defenceman. 

No interest at all in that trade.

We need D prospects much more than forward ones

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Provost said:

Dipietro is tradable as we already have Demko and likely Markstrom locked up for several years.  An ideal asset to trade from organizational strength to need.

I can’t see us keeping both Markstrom and Demko past the Seattle expansion.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, #Canucks said:

Probably not,  it that doesn’t change the fact Demko will just be ready for a starting role and DiPietro will be stuck behind him.  We are either protecting Demko or we protect Markstrom and trade Demko before expansion... so we would still be moving one of Demko or DiPietro.

No scenario makes it more worthwhile to have “extra” depth in the position if we could change for that for more depth where we need it or a roster upgrade.

Two blue chip young goalie prospects is a luxury, we aren’t an organization that can afford luxury because we still have lots of needs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, Provost said:

So, basically none of these have any value, every organization is full of similar guys.

Our only “untouchable” prospects should be Podkolzin and Hoglander, and they aren’t really untouchable but it would be hard to think of a deal that would bring us something better.

Lind may be a nice bottom

six guy as veteran contracts expire, but absolutely replaceable.  Madden is prime trade bait, we have our centres locked up and he will have to somehow surpass Podkolzin and Hoglander on the depth chart as a converted winger right at the same time they are going to be competing for roster spots.

Juolevi and Woo are harder to

give up as our D prospect depth is thin, but they are far from sure things as top 4 D... so if they are traded for an upgrade, no big deal.

Folks are ok giving up a 1st rounder for Miller, but balk at sending out later round B and C prospects because “maybe” they will hit. 

People were incensed that a conditional first rounder were given up. All of them of course ate crow after Miller produced better than originally thought. 

On 1/1/2020 at 10:11 PM, #Canucks said:

The goalie market is so volatile... who knows what will happen.  Binnington came out of nowhere.  Fleury was supposedly overpaid and on the downhill and Pittsburgh was more than happy to ship him to Vegas to solve cap issues.  Price and Bobrovsky have been like a roller coaster the past 5 years.  Lehner resurrected his career with the Isles.

Who knows where Markstrom and Demko's game will be in 1.5 years.  Markstorm numbers have been pretty steady the past few years (ironically slight increase in both GAA and save %), one career-year or a down-year in 2020-21 and the whole landscape will change. 

I think it's too soon to say what will the goalie market will look like for Seattle.  Montreal will also have a big decision.  If Cayden Primeau is there go-to guy in the future and are rebuilding, do they leave Price unprotected and make a deal a la Fleury?

Edited by timberz21
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, timberz21 said:

The goalie market is so volatile... who knows what will happen.  Binnington came out of nowhere.  Fleury was supposedly overpaid and on the downhill and Pittsburgh was more than happy to ship him to Vegas to solve cap issues.  Price and Bobrovsky have been like a roller coaster the past 5 years.  Lehner resurrected his career with the Isles.

Who knows where Markstrom and Demko's game will be in 1.5 years.  Markstorm numbers have been pretty steady the past few years (ironically slight increase in both GAA and save %), one career-year or a down-year in 2020-21 and the whole landscape will change. 

I think it's too soon to say what will the goalie market will look like for Seattle.  Montreal will also have a big decision.  If Cayden Primeau is there go-to guy in the future and are rebuilding, do they leave Price unprotected and make a deal a la Fleury?

I agree with everything your saying. Good perspective, great perspective. Tbh I hope Seattle does not take price. Ugh that contract is looking bad.

6 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Price has a NMC, only way he is unprotected is if he waives it.

• Like 1