The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unsung hero so far???

Rate this topic

Junkyard Dog

It's hard to argue with any of the OP's choices... Pearson, Virtanen, Tanev... Pearson to me would be the frontrunner.  I don't think anyone expected him to be so productive and such a good fit on Bo's line.  Virtanen's finally blossoming into a top 6 forward. 

Also, a healthy Tanev has been rock solid on D and a great mentor for Hughes.  He's been so good he's hardly noticeable.

I like some of the other candidates mentioned here too. Edler... he's noticeable when he's missing from the lineup.   Fantenberg... quietly competent on D.  I can't argue with any of the role players on the team... Motte, Beagle, Roussel.  Gaudette... who expected him to be so good so soon?  He's another Miller in the making.

JT Miller, unsung?  Nah... lots of people have sung his praises.  He's as much sung as Steve Miller.  And Markstrom... same.  He's sung like the all star that he is.  Now Demko is definitely a good candidate.  When he's in, the team hardly misses a beat.  He has the team's and the coaches' confidence when he's in.  Not too many teams can say that about their backup.

Wow, half our lineup could be our unsung hero.  We have a whole choir of unsung heroes!

There are a lot of excellent choices here. Pearson, Stetcher,, Taney, Edler, Rooster, Motte, Gaudette, Fanta,

Only unsung guys left off the list so far are Myers, Benn, Beagle and LE, who have also made important contributions.

Lots to like about the way the team is playing for each other so far.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

There are a lot of excellent choices here. Pearson, Stetcher,, Taney, Edler, Rooster, Motte, Gaudette, Fanta,

Only unsung guys left off the list so far are Myers, Benn, Beagle and LE, who have also made important contributions.

Lots to like about the way the team is playing for each other so far.

Nice to have so many great runners up (Pearson is definitely the front runner).  Pretty cool to be in this predicament ha ha. 

Good to see Pearson get some credit. Easy to think Horvat needs two top 6 wingers, but Pearson has been really good.
Tanev has been great with Hughes. Has been reliable, and allowed Hughes to play his roving style.

Shotgun Jake has upped his game, but I think people have taken notice, so I don't know if he's unsung.

• 4 weeks later...