The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, stawns said:

No, because he's a very valuable chip that could be used to fill a weakness somewhere else.  If Jake can play top 6, consistently, then BB very much is in play, imo.

It's just business Fredo

I agree, we need roughly 23 pieces to the puzzle and they all have to fit to succeed. I don't think anyone is asking to trade him I think its just in the realm of possibility at this point.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does JB see Bess as a core piece?  If he does, then we don’t trade him.  If he doesn’t, then he’s a support player, and (therefore) a replaceable part.  The Jackets got Seth Jones for RJ.  

Not even 23 years old. Going to score a lot of goals and points. JB has said countless times he’s a core piece. I absolutely love Virtanen. He’s probably still going to get better but a Point per game guy highly doubtful. Boeser on the other hand is pretty close and will be that guy. What’s happening with Boeser is going to make him a better player and We know JB is working on the defence. He’s building a magnificent team. Trades like that aren’t going to happen. He’s building his team

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Not even 23 years old. Going to score a lot of goals and points. JB has said countless times he’s a core piece. I absolutely love Virtanen. He’s probably still going to get better but a Point per game guy highly doubtful. Boeser on the other hand is pretty close and will be that guy. What’s happening with Boeser is going to make him a better player and We know JB is working on the defence. He’s building a magnificent team. Trades like that aren’t going to happen. He’s building his team

With JB seeing Bess as a core piece, then we don’t trade him.  Each line needs at least one guy who can drive play.  Having ?Bess on our third line gives us a play driver on it.  That’s more balanced than having Jake there.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

With JB seeing Bess as a core piece, then we don’t trade him.  Each line needs at least one guy who can drive play.  Having ?Bess on our third line gives us a play driver on it.  That’s more balanced than having Jake there.  

It’s going to sort itself out my friend. I’d like to see Virtanen with Horvat and Boes back on the first eventually. Or maybe Bess figures things out more with out the puck and ends up with Horvat. 

The only real reason behind these conversations is LE. But that’s only going to last so long and he’s not going be here forever (heaven forbid lol). Boes just may have to take a back seat for a bit and work on his details. But I truly believe it’s going to help him and so does Green obviously  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Some people just don’t deserve a guy like Boeser. Dummies. Remember how excited you were when he came into the league. Never seen a rookie like him. Now spoiled with the like of Petey and Hughes and JB’s magnificent drafting. There’s talk about trading the kid now? Cause Green has him playing on the third line. Why because he’s One dimensional some of you say. I remember years and years of people just wanting a player that can put the puck in the net. We got one! We got a couple now and you Armchairs wanna destroy that :picard:

the funny thing about this place is how some people talk about how "Its a Business" while others get so attached to the players.

No one is saying Brock is a bad player or a bad person, but good players get traded and so too do good people.

There is also talk about trading Demko. No one that I have heard hate Demko, they just see that another need could be filled with that asset.

The truth is Jake Virtanen was drafted higher than Brock Boeser and the Petey/Miller line has not missed a beat with the switch, however Brock has gone into a 5 game slide since the swap.  Some think Brock may be priced out of this market with his next contract.

Also signing too many NTCs is what got the 2012> teams into trouble. 

Do you want to go there again?

I noticed a couple of games before Jake was moved up that Brock was playing with a taped up wrist.Also noticed last night on the power play they had Brock in a tap/tip in spot and setup man as opposed to his usual shooter spot 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I thought Gaudette was having a tough time with the puck last night.  Hoping he can turn it around which will hopefully benefit BB.

As far as BB goes, I think down the road you could move him only because Hoglander/Podkolzin/Lind/ might be able to step into a scoring role.  But until then you definitely keep him

• Cheers 2

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

I thought Gaudette was having a tough time with the puck last night.  Hoping he can turn it around which will hopefully benefit BB.

As far as BB goes, I think down the road you could move him only because Hoglander/Podkolzin/Lind/ might be able to step into a scoring role.  But until then you definitely keep him

I’ve never seen Hockey Gaud as a guy with soft hands.  

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I don't think you move a player who has been good for us, 

9 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I noticed a couple of games before Jake was moved up that Brock was playing with a taped up wrist.Also noticed last night on the power play they had Brock in a tap/tip in spot and setup man as opposed to his usual shooter spot 

a lot of players tape their wrists

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

this is pipeline thinking....

17 minutes ago, lmm said:

the funny thing about this place is how some people talk about how "Its a Business" while others get so attached to the players.

No one is saying Brock is a bad player or a bad person, but good players get traded and so too do good people.

There is also talk about trading Demko. No one that I have heard hate Demko, they just see that another need could be filled with that asset.

The truth is Jake Virtanen was drafted higher than Brock Boeser and the Petey/Miller line has not missed a beat with the switch, however Brock has gone into a 5 game slide since the swap.  Some think Brock may be priced out of this market with his next contract.

yes we get attached to good players such as Brock who has given his all to this team. so Jake has played a few games and was okay , nothing that Brock hasn't done. Jake is fast I will give him that, but Physical as some say , one hit last night, Motte had 6.  Jake should be hitting more.  doesn't matter that Jake was drafted higher, Brock has been better overall, not just a few games. 

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Some people just don’t deserve a guy like Boeser. Dummies. Remember how excited you were when he came into the league. Never seen a rookie like him. Now spoiled with the like of Petey and Hughes and JB’s magnificent drafting. There’s talk about trading the kid now? Cause Green has him playing on the third line. Why because he’s One dimensional some of you say. I remember years and years of people just wanting a player that can put the puck in the net. We got one! We got a couple now and you Armchairs wanna destroy that :picard:

You forgot slow and lazy.  Wants too much money.  Probably has cooties, too. Never mind the integrity and character, relationship with his ailing dad, and taking the Down's girl to her prom, everyone knows he only really cares about his hair.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bree2 said:

yes we get attached to good players such as Brock who has given his all to this team. so Jake has played a few games and was okay , nothing that Brock hasn't done. Jake is fast I will give him that, but Physical as some say , one hit last night, Motte had 6.  Jake should be hitting more.  doesn't matter that Jake was drafted higher, Brock has been better overall, not just a few games. 

well Bree, yes and no.

In the last 15 games Jake has out scored brock 12-11, so they are close. But Brock has gone cold since moving to the Gaudette line while the Pete Line has continued to score with Jake. 

And sure Draft position does not matter, however Jake was considered something to be drafted that high, and he is a Jim pick. Many have written Jake off as an "at best 3rd liner" He is starting to look more like the player drafted 6th over all than a "3rd liner at best"

As for Jake's physicallity, sure we'd like more, but the smart player does not start shennanigans when beating the bigger Stanley Cup champs in a 2-1 game. The Canucks beat StL in a tight game. would you have preferred Jake started a melee that either got him a penalty or inspired StL to start taking runs at Hughes and Petey?  there are certainly times when I wish Jake would "back up his actions" but I don't think this game was one of them.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, lmm said:

The people that are wanting to trade Demko are about as knowledgeable as the ones that think he should be a starter next year. Not everything is black and white. 

Draft position means nothing. Super stoked for Jake btw

Boeser is signed for another 3 years, a very reasonable contract btw so why even talk about a NTC.

• Like 1