The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

Really starting to see the overwhelming support on social media for the pipeline among FNs.

Hope that's not too much, just wanted to show that these people are overwhelmingly in support of the project.

Edited by aliboy
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is how silly things have become. 

LMAO - Jimmy you are better than that....

The National Coalition of Chiefs (‘NCC”) is committed to defeating on-reserve poverty by working with the natural resource industry, speaking out in support of responsible development and by creating a forum for discussion between First Nation Chiefs, Metis leaders and leaders from the Natural Resource Industry of Canada with a focus on the Oil and Gas Industry.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it wasn't that a big deal, just had to leave the car. She was wondering how people would get to VGH tho. 

Apparently it really messed up skytrain service as well. I don't think these kids are going to be generating much support for their cause. 

People had to park their cars... I wonder if they are going to be OK ... Sounds like a like life changing event...

LNG is a dirty energy - Fracking is terrible for our environment.  Global warming is real.

Edited by kingofsurrey

31 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

People had to park their cars... I wonder if they are going to be OK ... Sounds like a like life changing event...

LNG is a dirty energy - Fracking is terrible for our environment.  Global warming is real.

you're supporting poverty for a selfish feel good moment, you've got no credibility with me. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BPA said:

Cambie and Broadway intersection cleared.  Protestors moved to BC Supreme Court.  Protest later and undisclosed location (to block traffic again).

I'm guessing if they're downtown then their target will be the Lions Gate bridge or just before it on Georgia. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm guessing if they're downtown then their target will be the Lions Gate bridge or just before it on Georgia. 

My bet would be Lions Gate.  Causes the most disruption and will surely be on the news.

18 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The title holders have agreed on payment.  They are not asking for more

The band members have effectively agreed on things.  They are not asking for more

The hereditary chiefs and outlying members have issue, protestors have issue.  it is not the title holders who are holding things up therefore no, it is not about money.

If it was about money, the title holder of the land the route is slated to go through would be on the horn making it about money, instead they're on record saying just get it built I'm ok with it.

Hereditary chiefs are currently the issue, protestors are the issue.  Period.

The Hereditary Chiefs and protesters have issues that money would make go away. In the end when it comes to these kind of protests, it always ends up in a positive result for the protesters no matter who they are when the $$$ goes up and especially when it goes into their pocket. Remember all the money the Band members who negociated for this pipeline are the only ones to benifit from the money, jobs or contracts to first nations company's, the remainder of first nations people will see nothing. That their real problem.

18 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I know right...not the title holders asking for money, but outside individuals and those who stand to not earn a dime from it.

Your right so if they can negociate an extra dime for themselves this would all be over

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If it was, you know Hank and Dan would handle it with nothing less than complete class....

I think it would be more the people trying to get to the game would be the big problem more than the Sedins themselves.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

jeez I hope its not the Sedin retirement. 

Taking the Canada line today, not taking any chances of these folk ruining this night for myself and all the other Canucks fans going to the big event tonight. Would really cause tension if they had the audacity to block Georgia or Cambie bridge today. We Canucks fans know how to put on a riot. Don’t puck with us! 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you're supporting poverty for a selfish feel good moment, you've got no credibility with me. 

You support global warming and climate change.  You have zero credibility with me. 

At least you don't seem to support your brethen in their fight with losing their sweet ICBC scam.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

18 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You support global warming and climate change.  You have zero credibility with me. 

so you prefer coal to natural gas too. Awesome.

Poverty and coal :picard: 

At least you've stopped pretending to care about the hereditary chiefs. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so you prefer coal to natural gas too. Awesome.

Poverty and coal :picard: 

At least you've stopped pretending to care about the hereditary chiefs. 

Did your wife survive having to use a cab yesterday. Hopefully she is OK ....

No ambulances for you to chase today.... ?

I realize you aren't big on science / research but here you go....

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/03/booming-lng-industry-could-be-as-bad-for-climate-as-coal-experts-warn

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

You were the one whining about being stuck in traffic...  

actually I was relaying a 1st hand account to another poster. You chose to be.... well you about it.

Hey you want to have a little selfish feel good, say no moment. Cool beans. I'd prefer that 20 first nations bands have an economic opportunity and end the poverty cycle for 1000s of people. But you do you man.