The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

actually I was relaying a 1st hand account to another poster. You chose to be.... well you about it.

Hey you want to have a little selfish feel good, say no moment. Cool beans. I'd prefer that 20 first nations bands have an economic opportunity and end the poverty cycle for 1000s of people. But you do you man. 

Salmon have now all but disappeared in our province now in less that 100 years of settlement......

First nations harvested salmon for thoussands of years in BC .... and now in less than 100 years , we have all but wiped them out.

Yet you still want more oil and gas projects....   Dirty fuel .   Dirty Fracking.....  More pipeline for LNG = more fracking

You want climate change.

When will enough be enough for you......    

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Salmon have now all but disappeared in our province now in less that 100 years of settlement......

First nations harvested salmon for thoussands of years in BC .... and now in less than 100 years , we have all but wiped them out.

Yet you still want more oil and gas projects....   Dirty fuel .  

You want climate change.

When will enough be enough for you......    

omg :picard:

can you bring the souther resident killer whales and some Greta now too? 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Slow day... no ambulance to chase....... 

yeah thats it. I see facts and caring about actual humans hasn't ended your little tantrum. If you want to debate an actual issue i'm all ears, but if its just more of this please goforcoffee. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah thats it. I see facts and caring about actual humans hasn't ended your little tantrum. If you want to debate an actual issue i'm all ears, but if its just more of this please goforcoffee. 

Now this is more promising.  I notice you tend to ignore any discussions about research / science.....

Just like you keep trying to support Fracking and dirty LNG.

If you don't want to base your opinion on science... then go for a ( since you are a lawyer ). probably a Latte.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Now this is more promising.  I notice you tend to ignore any discussions about research / science.....

Just like you keep trying to support Fracking and dirty LNG.

If you don't want to base your opinion on science... then go for a ( since you are a lawyer ). probably a Latte.  

Chai tea latte with soy milk is my guess.

• Haha 2

Just want to point out the irony here

Vancouver, the population of and Victoria.  Rarely if ever EVER make it up north, or in to the centre or the province.  They do not see small towns, development or anything.  They sit happily in their cities safe and secure.  They effectively make large policy decisions for the province as a whole.  Those populations are currently the loudest voices against development in the province.

Flash forward to today

A few days of road blocks, and all of a sudden it's an inconvenience to them and they're upset over it.  It's imperative that these road blocks stop so they can get on with their lives.  But of course you cannot develop anything or else we'll protest.

meanwhile for over 2 decades the centre of and northern half of the province has effectively been neglected by both parties and watched towns die and their lives put on hold because of it from people who are currently inconvenienced by these protests.

it's actually poetic in a wow this is stupid kind of way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just want to point out the irony here

Vancouver, the population of and Victoria.  Rarely if ever EVER make it up north, or in to the centre or the province.  They do not see small towns, development or anything.  They sit happily in their cities safe and secure.  They effectively make large policy decisions for the province as a whole.  Those populations are currently the loudest voices against development in the province.

Flash forward to today

A few days of road blocks, and all of a sudden it's an inconvenience to them and they're upset over it.  It's imperative that these road blocks stop so they can get on with their lives.  But of course you cannot develop anything or else we'll protest.

meanwhile for over 2 decades the centre of and northern half of the province has effectively been neglected by both parties and watched towns die and their lives put on hold because of it from people who are currently inconvenienced by these protests.

it's actually poetic in a wow this is stupid kind of way

Thank you. While I don’t take a stake in this issue, you’ve perfectly expressed the frustration that the heartland of B.C., feels. 

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Protesting in boonies is one thing, disrupting citizens of most beautiful city in the world is totally different thing.

Yes, protestors should go deep into the centre of Stanley Park where no one will see them.  They can protest there for weeks.

How dare anyone interupt my Latte at starbucks ...   over climate change no less....     Who cares that  the salmon on the west coast of Canada are nearing extinction.....

Who cares if Steelhead returns are the lowest in 50 years... and may also disappear......

F.. them.   I want my Latte's when i want them..... 

Edited by kingofsurrey

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, protestors should deep into the centre of Stanley Park where no one will see them.  They can protest there for weeks.

How dare anyone interupt my Latte at starbucks ...   over climate change no less....     Who cares of the salmon on the west coast of Canada are nearing extinction.....

Who cares if Steelhead returns are the lowest in 50 years... and may also disappear......

F.. them.   I want my Latte's when i want them..... 

Top of the Grouse mountain would be even better, there they can protest all they want.

They just have to remember to stay away from Whole Foods better known as whole paycheck foods.

• Cheers 1