The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/shutdown-of-canadian-national-railway-lines-leads-to-propane-shortages/ar-BB100wH8?li=AAggNb9

It's one thing to be pro-environment, but to suggest that these protests are not having serious and dangerous effects is just not accurate.

Climate change is/will be  killing millions.    I am sure we can find a solution to trucking in propane if needed to the 1% of homes that use it. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Climate change is/will be  killing millions.    I am sure we can find a solution to trucking in propane if needed to the 1% of homes that use it. 

Maybe. But what if someone decides to block the highway?

Besides, shipping by road is far less energy efficient than shipping by rail. You'd think that people who are concerned about Climate Change would be aware of this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

every house uses natural gas. where the hell do you live, in a tent?

I guess reading is not your strong point.  He was talking about the rail closure inpacting on propane deliveries to the east cost of PROPANE....

LOL 

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Besides, shipping by road is far less energy efficient than shipping by rail. You'd think that people who are concerned about Climate Change would be aware of this.

I don't imagine the protestors would ever be stupid enough to block off all essential shipping routes at the same time.

In that case the government would move VERY quickly to arrest them / remove them. 

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

there are not that bright of people

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I’m gonna need some proof here. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I’m gonna need some proof here. 

Are you f..... ing serious....

250,000 deaths a year from climate change is a 'conservative estimate,' research says

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/health/climate-change-health-emergency-study/index.html

In 2017, 68.5 million people were forcibly displaced, more than at any point in human history. While it is difficult to estimate, approximately one-third of these (22.5 million[4] to 24 million[5] people) were forced to move by “sudden onset” weather events—flooding, forest fires after droughts, and intensified storms

In 2018, the World Bank estimated that three regions (Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa, and Southeast Asia) will generate 143 million more climate migrants by 2050

https://www.brookings.edu/research/the-climate-crisis-migration-and-refugees/

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Are you f..... ing serious....

250,000 deaths a year from climate change is a 'conservative estimate,' research says

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/health/climate-change-health-emergency-study/index.html

In 2017, 68.5 million people were forcibly displaced, more than at any point in human history. While it is difficult to estimate, approximately one-third of these (22.5 million[4] to 24 million[5] people) were forced to move by “sudden onset” weather events—flooding, forest fires after droughts, and intensified storms

In 2018, the World Bank estimated that three regions (Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa, and Southeast Asia) will generate 143 million more climate migrants by 2050

https://www.brookings.edu/research/the-climate-crisis-migration-and-refugees/

The world is overpopulated as it is and although climate change is bad, Mother Nature always wins so people need to stop buying in to what the media and hypocrites keeps shoving down our throats and let nature play itself out. The world has been around for tens of millions of years and has survived much, much worse than this bullsh*t and humans are just a blip on the radar. Planet earth will carry on just fine without us. Not saying I don’t care about future generations, but it’s  not like a freaking gas pipeline is gonna make more of a difference to the current situation. If you wanna pass blame, blame China ffs who still burns coal to produce 70% of its energy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

The world is overpopulated as it is and although climate change is bad, Mother Nature always wins so people need to stop buying in to what the media and hypocrites keeps shoving down our throats and let nature play itself out. The world has been around for tens of millions of years and has survived much, much worse than this bullsh*t and humans are just a blip on the radar. Planet earth will carry on just fine without us. Not saying I don’t care about future generations, but it’s  not like a freaking gas pipeline is gonna make more of a difference to the current situation. If you wanna pass blame, blame China ffs who still burns coal to produce 70% of its energy. 

This is FIN giving you the finger...

ht_wales_and_grumples_033_100721_ssh.jpg

• Wat 1

They can protest all they want but the only thing they will accomplish is getting push back and counter protests. 
This pipeline and Trans Mountain will be and are being built as we speak. There has been too much money spent to stop them now. 
The protests may make some difference in future projects but these two are under way come hell or high water. 

2 hours ago, Pickly said:

Yeah, well I work in the energy sector and it provides for my family so I’m giving you the middle finger. 

No worries.  Oil and gas workers  won't have to retrain for a few more years maybe they will save a bit from the next boom....

Boom and bust must be tough on people involved in the industry.

Edited by kingofsurrey

21 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No worries.  You won't have to retrain for a few more years.......

Hah. I’m sure you drive a Tesla (or cycle to work and dont own a vehicle) and live a completely eco friendly, sustainable lifestyle in a home fuelled completely by solar panels in Fraser Heights. Oh wait, you are lurking on these boards on an IPhone X made with plastic and materials which came from the very matter you continue to anti preach on these boards. Not gonna argue this any further. You are so out of touch with reality it’s mind boggling. But hey, you can’t fix stupid, but you can definitely monitor it. 

• Upvote 1