The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

You have issues with Green then you have issues with JB. Because currently Green has a job with the Canucks and guess who his boss is.

The one thing JB is not good at ..   

hiring head coaches 

first Willie

then Green 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

I think the determining factor is whether they were added to our reserve list 

Not that I'm arguing, because I'm really hoping that Tryamkin can be signed and play this season, but last year Nylander  had to sign with the Leafs by Dec. 1st or he would have been ineligible to play for them that season, I'm pretty sure he would have been on their reserve list. I know it's not the exact same scenario but both players were coming off ELC, does Nikita going to the KHL for a few years change that?

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Actually the fact you think this team is a contender with a different coach says otherwise... :bigblush:

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That will be considered IF it happens. Until then it is unnecessary to whine about it ad nauseam on here. 

The first three years we were still rebuilding. You can't rebuild AND make the playoffs so I'm really not sure why you keep whining about not making the playoffs the first three years. 

This is his first season with a playoff contender and we are still holding a playoff spot... 

Firstly, I never said contender, just said better but you seem to be a bit wishy washy on the subject.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

None of these changes makes any difference if Green stays with the same systems, and passive (chase) philosophy.  As I’ve been posting here for quite a while, our systems do not get the best out of our players. 

I've stated this before but bringing in veteran coach as a new D coach would do Green wonders and means Green can finally stop learning on the job....

I thought Green had the room but after the last two loses I'm not sure.....

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Sooooo it takes a Beagle injury to play Mac and Loui stays in The lineup

why am I not surprised 

why do you keep expecting a different result? why do you keep frustrating yourself over it? 

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

I've stated this before but bringing in veteran coach as a new D coach would do Green wonders and means Green can finally stop learning on the job....

I thought Green had the room but after the last two loses I'm not sure.....

This is the NHL, we shouldn’t have a green coach learning on the job.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why are you so personal in your posts?  We all want the same thing, don’t we?  We just have differing ways to get there.  Some of us happen to believe we have very good players, who would be doing better with a stronger coach.  

Pretty obvious when you brag about being experienced in the game, calling other forum users dumb for not being as experienced as he is. Then he says Green accepts losing based off of media clips... No NHL coach accepts losing and to claim you’re so experienced in the game and then spout off that an NHL coach accepts losing is laughable at best. 

To question Green’s moves is 100% acceptable, to say he accepts losing matter of factly like that is disingenuous at best. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Firstly, I never said contender, just said better but you seem to be a bit wishy washy on the subject.

You keep saying we need to fire the coach and win a cup like St Louis :lol:

Also where have I said we're a contender? I have stated ALL year we're a bubble playoff team. Not wishy washy at all... 

Edited by canuck73_3

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

You have issues with Green then you have issues with JB. Because currently Green has a job with the Canucks and guess who his boss is.

That’s kind of a straw man, but you also nail a great aside, and that is that for anyone bitchin about Greene, coaching or anything relating to the roster, the guy responsible is Benning. 

Any and all blame rests at the feet of Benning. 

There seems to be reluctance in the forum to place blame or criticism where it belongs. He is the manager, after all. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd argue that young stars have never had it so free and easyin the history of the NHL.

Up to a certain point I'd agree.   But the refs arms seem to get tired eventually.  Look at the calls Petey got at the start of this season compared to now and I suspect its the same with a lot of the young stars around the league, not just Petey. Yeah players have to fight through, but at the same time a penalty is a penalty.  Has to be consistent

Edited by kilgore
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

TG is trending as a Jack Adams favourite, remember. 
:bigblush: 
Amazing. 

I would guess that most fans are indifferent on the prospect of him staying or going because they see the obvious and realize it could be Willy-worse. 

TG isn’t out coaching anybody that I’ve seen, but I can definitely cite instances where he was schooled as a HC by the opposition.

I bet that he’s one of the first casualties of this season if/when JB makes real changes in the offseason. Why? Why not? There are really no reasons to keep him beyond continuity, IMO. 

Huh, I sound like an anti Greener. 

I’m not, but I’m also far from a backer. 
I’m using my amateur assessments of him to figure it all out still, I guess. 

At least you are realistic about the whole thing. Not just Fire Green blah I’m upset,  type comment.

I think Green can be a better coach too, everyone can be better but the team is far from a contender (anything can happen of course) The team is right were they should be maybe even a few points above the bar. From the start of the season I thought this year would be a big stepping stone, next year playoffs or better. Never changed the fact the Ownership wants us to make the playoffs which means JB believes in Green.

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

If we go .500 for remaining 18 games most likely we make playoffs.

If we miss playoffs Green will be replaced by Gallant this summer.

there's a lot of big decisions this summer, coaching, goaltending, contract extension talks, possible UFA additions vs call-ups, its going to be interesting with a lot of potential movement. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

All I ever said, and always in jest is that team that fire their coach mid season have Better odds of winning the cup than us historically. Heck maybe we should change or team name, teams with a G have a a better chance than us. You seem to take it way to personally like he’s your father.

but yes, I do not think he is a good coach and would like to see him replaced so we can grow better.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

All I ever said, and always in jest is that team that fire their coach mid season have Better odds of winning the cup than us historically. Heck maybe we should change or team name, teams with a G have a a better chance than us. You seem to take it way to personally like he’s your father.

Except it was proven to you that firing the coach does not increase your odds of winning the cup. 

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The fact you think what he says to the media is what he says in the room is hilarious considering how often you rant about being experienced in the game. :lol:

Really?

how many guys has he made accountable by sitting out or demoting?

oh wait...only Jake 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Statistically, we know that firing the coach of lately seems to increase the odds at a Cup, by what was it, 25%? 

Interesting stat. Not sure if the comments relate to mine/this, but...