The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol. Love the yuppies. 

Boomers were kids in the 50s 60s and 70s. They've been in positions of power the last 10 to 20  years when all the movement toward Paris accord etc has happened.  Hippies making sure they are finally heard. Ya we're not perfect but many boomers care Deeply about humanity. Kids need to step up and care more. Take your power and be heard. If you don't give a sh*t my generation failed in teaching you my friends.

This. Rather than blaming everyone else 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Funny you mention that. Boomers raised Gen X and maybe the first wave of millenials.

My folks were boomers and I can honestly say they never had a bull$&!# entitled attitude towards life. Yes  they were full blown hippies, but they sure AF worked their asses off and were as honest as the day is long.

They taught us nothing worth having comes easy.

Life is not fair, in fact it's cruel.

If you want something you have to work for it.

Don't speak out of turn.

Respect your elders.

And don't buy $&!# you don't need, because then you'll want to return it and look like a &^@#ing a**hole.

Don't whine.

Wait your turn.

Dont be a dick because there is always someone willing to punch you in the face.

There's always somebody tougher than you, so mind your manners.

The biggest problem I have with boomers is they just keep &^@#ing working. Retire already. Give up your cushy old person job so the rest of us can move up.

Awesome post 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol. Love the yuppies. 

Boomers were kids in the 50s 60s and 70s. They've been in positions of power the last 10 to 20  years when all the movement toward Paris accord etc has happened.  Hippies making sure they are finally heard. Ya we're not perfect but many boomers care Deeply about humanity. Kids need to step up and care more. Take your power and be heard. If you don't give a sh*t my generation failed in teaching you my friends.

Oh bud, I care a lot. It's something that was engrained in me by my boomer-hippy parents.

I make as many of the little (and some of the difficult sacrifices) as I can to try and be a good mentor to my children, knowing that it's them and their children that will inherit this mess we'll all be leaving behind. 

Some things are born in the soul, and I'm a fighter. Some things cannot be unborn, or erased. I do not bow nor waiver from my morals and as such am definitely guilty of stirring the pot. But it's only because I care. And I'm stubborn.

The people who laugh at, and insult children like young Greta are the ones that should be taken to task. This mess we're in is no joke, yet they act like it is. 

I truly appreciate where you're coming from, 42. 

Unfortunately, I disagree with the sentiment that Paris accords and words can make a difference. In my heart, the sad truth is, it needs to be torn down with force and violence in order for the ideals which will benefit the future to come to fruition.

The corptocracy must fall, and it will only fall by force. 

Edited by luckylager
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm 41, my Pops is 70. He orders like a drunken frat boy.

Doesn't matter if it's drive through or at a restaurant.

Then the food comes and he's like "who's gonna eat all this food?"

Lmao

that sounds like my dad  he is 77  I took him to white spot  for lunch and  orders a massive meal  and eats a 1/4  of it  then wants coffee and pie after , he was pissed when there was no pie lol 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Oh bud, I care a lot. It's something that was engrained in me by my boomer-hippy parents.

I make as many of the little (and some of the difficult sacrifices) as I can to try and be a good mentor to my children, knowing that it's them and their children that will inherit this mess we'll all be leaving behind. 

Some things are born in the soul, and I'm a fighter. Some things cannot be unborn, or erased. I do not bow nor waiver from my morals and as such am definitely guilty of stirring the pot. But it's only because I care. And I'm stubborn.

The people who laugh at, and insult children like young Greta are the ones that should be taken to task. This mess we're in is no joke, yet they act like it is. 

I truly appreciate where you're coming from, 42. 

Unfortunately, I disagree with the sentiment that Paris accords and words can make a difference. In my heart, the sad truth is, it needs to be torn down with force and violence in order for the ideals which will benefit the future to come to fruition.

The corptocracy must fall, and it will only fall by force. 

As you get older your sentiments may mellow. Your family will become more important than your politics. But my friend I love your passion. Channel it for good and I'll bet you  find a way to effect change without violence.  You will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

As you get older your sentiments may mellow. Your family will become more important than your politics. But my friend I love your passion. Channel it for good and I'll bet you  find a way to effect change without violence.  You will.

At this point, I dont see how it's possible.

Your generation has been going about it, fighting the good fight, in a positive but ineffective way for too long.

Almost nothing has changed.

We got plans, but no real repercussion as the big dicks with the money keep &^@#ing everyone over. Their Grandchildren included. And they dont care.

They value money, in their short lives more than they value anything and they must be stopped. 

You can't break a chain with words.

39 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol. Love the yuppies. 

boomers were born in the 50 s   after world war two   60 s were hippies   get yer generations right  lol

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I'm 41, my Pops is 70. He orders like a drunken frat boy.

Doesn't matter if it's drive through or at a restaurant.

Then the food comes and he's like "who's gonna eat all this food?"

Lmao

So true. I’ve been with my Dad and my brother before, each of us saying ‘yea we’ll have 2-3 slices of pizza each’. So he orders three extra large pizza’s with two orders of wings. Then two hours later says “jeez you guys didn’t eat very much”

Edited by You Mad Bro?
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

boomers were born in the 50 s   after world war two   60 s were hippies   get yer generations right  lol

Hippies were not born in the 60's.

The hippy movement was.

My Pops was actually one of those mud covered, tripped out youth at Woodstock.

And he won't ever pass up an opportunity to tell me how good the LSD was back then.

Edit - back on topic

Must kill the desert muts tomorrow. All signs point to massacre

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

If someone would have told you on opening night that a Wednesday night game in early March against Arizona would be one of the most critical games of the season...imagine your reaction.

I, and many, fully expected this roster to make the playoffs 

we signed Miller, Ferland Myers and had Hughes, ep with a year under his belt

why wouldn’t You think we would make the playoffs?

my Only reservation was our crap coaching and that’s what will keep us out of the playoffs 

• Upvote 1