• T. Tanti
    • A. Burrows
    • M. Ohlund
    • B. Morrison

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Voting Stan Smyl.

Nominating Don Lever.

I think it gets tougher after this as most of us would agree who the top 7 would be in no particular order.

I have Lu ahead of McLean for the Hall of Fame, but I have McLean ahead of Lu as greatest Canuck.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Steamer is great for sure, but I'm not sure he's good enough to get 6th and 7th!

Also, I agree, the top 6 have so far been the same as mine and if Lu gets in, it will continue to be the same (in a slightly different order). It does seem like it's after that where the field opens up a bunch and gets particularly interesting.

Captaining the team to a Stanley Cup final, retiring as the career leader in games, goals, assists and points and maybe penalty minutes as well (that one was close) might not be good enough for 7th?  Of the six people already solidified and the additional ten available for voting, the only ones to have more points in a single season are the Sedins, Naslund and Bertuzzi (i.e. his best season was more points than Linden or Gradin or Morrison or Burrows or Kesler or Tanti or even off the board Ronning / Courtnall / Skriko etc. ever had).  Man, this is a tough crowd!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Captaining the team to a Stanley Cup final, retiring as the career leader in games, goals, assists and points and maybe penalty minutes as well (that one was close) might not be good enough for 7th?  Of the six people already solidified and the additional ten available for voting, the only ones to have more points in a single season are the Sedins, Naslund and Bertuzzi (i.e. his best season was more points than Linden or Gradin or Morrison or Burrows or Kesler or Tanti or even off the board Ronning / Courtnall / Skriko etc. ever had).  Man, this is a tough crowd!

I was making a joke. VC said he was voting for Smyl, but he's already been voted in as 6th. The joke was that VC liked him so much that he wanted him at both 6th and 7th.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I was making a joke. VC said he was voting for Smyl, but he's already been voted in as 6th. The joke was that VC liked him so much that he wanted him at both 6th and 7th.

Reading comprehension issues at my end.  That's the last time I outsource my forum posting to Esa Tikkanen.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Steamer is great for sure, but I'm not sure he's good enough to get 6th and 7th!

Also, I agree, the top 6 have so far been the same as mine and if Lu gets in, it will continue to be the same (in a slightly different order). It does seem like it's after that where the field opens up a bunch and gets particularly interesting.

Thanks. :lol: 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

When Cliff Ronning was asked who the best teammate he ever had was, he answered Geoff Courtnall.

I wish Geoff had played more than 200-something games for us.  I'd have him higher in my rankings...and we might have gone a bit further some playoff years.

i’ld love to know what jim robson’s list looks like. he saw them all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, smithers joe said:

Jim and old Tommy would have some real wisdom to offer.  I'd be kind of interested in Tony Gallagher's too, to be honest.  Guy is a grouchy little skeleton but he is pretty sharp.

Oh hang on, I just talked to Jim Robson and he says Brendan Morrison is the #3 Canuck of all time!

17 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

It'd be great if we had both Robson and Shorty compile a list. That covers all 50 years of Canuck hockey.

I am even more pissed at Lou after the sedin retiring.  He just looked like he was there for the sedins but couldn't care less about Vancouver or anything else Vancouver... It's like he hasn't made peace yet... It all ended so poorly.  Anyway I say suck it Lou!!!!  Bloody cry baby... Big ego jerk!!!  Ok, okay... I'm over it... Well I'm not but... After all that I still can't deny (not including game 7 against Boston) he was hands down the most consistent elite goaltender we've ever had.  If it wasn't for him, we probably don't make it to game 7 of the finals and get those president trophies. Don't miss him though.

Voted Luongo :angry:

Nominate: Mogilny 

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Luongo had some of the most epic collapses in the history of professional sports. I wouldn't put him at 7.

Voting McLean

Nominate Richard Brodeur.

Give me a break... Some of the most epic collapses?! He was brilliant and turned this franchise from a goalie graveyard to a mecca for goaltending.

That being said i believe kirk should also be higher than Lui on this list... He's a more loyal Canuck. 

3 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I have Lu ahead of McLean for the Hall of Fame, but I have McLean ahead of Lu as greatest Canuck.

In with ya. 

Voting  Bert because I think there was a solid 3 years where he was one of the most fierce power forwards the game had ever seen. 

Nominating bieksa 

1 hour ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I am even more pissed at Lou after the sedin retiring.  He just looked like he was there for the sedins but couldn't care less about Vancouver or anything else Vancouver... It's like he hasn't made peace yet... It all ended so poorly.  Anyway I say suck it Lou!!!!  Bloody cry baby... Big ego jerk!!!  Ok, okay... I'm over it... Well I'm not but... After all that I still can't deny (not including game 7 against Boston) he was hands down the most consistent elite goaltender we've ever had.  If it wasn't for him, we probably don't make it to game 7 of the finals and get those president trophies. Don't miss him though.

Voted Luongo :angry:

Nominate: Mogilny 

He was the most elite goaltender we've ever had.  But he was not the most consistent.  Both McLean and Brodeur could be relied on in the playoffs to carry the water, game in and game out.  Especially McLean, who inspired calm and confidence at all times.

Luongo...  He was three parts Patrick Roy, one part Dan Cloutier.  His best playoff years were generally also characterized by inopportune meltdowns.  And in 2011...his only year of true playoff success...he had, what...five mega meltdowns or something?

Lu was great but I promise you that Kirk McLean would have had two meltdowns maximum, and probably one or zero.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

He was the most elite goaltender we've ever had.  But he was not the most consistent.  Both McLean and Brodeur could be relied on in the playoffs to carry the water, game in and game out.  Especially McLean who inspired calm and confidence at all times.

Luongo...  He was three parts Patrick Roy, one part Dan Cloutier.  His best playoff years were generally also characterized by inopportune meltdowns.  And in 2011...his only year of true playoff success...he had, what...five mega meltdowns or something?

Lu was great but I promise you that Kirk McLean would have had two meltdowns maximum, and almost certainly one or zero.

The bolded parts absolutely!!!!

+1 on the '3 parts Roy and 1 part Cloutier!'  Gold man, pure gold!!!::D  And the TRUTH!  Very good made my day thanks!:metal:

Lou... U Premadonna!

• Vintage 1