The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolf: Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (Game On!)

Rate this topic

Just now, Master Radishes said:

Am I just thick or am I not following any of the conversation from the last few pages?

Morning glory probably has you discombobulated. 

No one else would have used that word, because you’re all illerate. 

5 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

There wasn't a lot of discussion whilst I slept.

Hot take: scum are slanking because town is on the wrong track. Only one wolf amongst the chattiest players over the last 12 hours.

3 minutes ago, Professor Linguine said:

what makes you think scum is slanking?

<_<

loki eye roll GIF

4 minutes ago, Professor Linguine said:

Not sure if they are or not at this point. However, it’s commonplace here that one or two scum get out in front and one or two coast under the radar. That obviously depends on how many there are from the outset. 

1 minute ago, Professor Linguine said:

We've had a run of about 6-8 games here where town have been dominant. We know each others' meta so well that we've sorted the wolf team within a few rounds. On the occasions where it went to late game, the wolves were still in the PoE but just avoided the flush longer than normal. In nearly all those games the town began finding each other D1 and by D2 there was a clear towncore that formed. We didn't even need flips to get to such a point.

Maybe I'm tinfoiling too soon, but it doesn't feel like that's happening here IMO. People's reads aren't matching up to each other. I'd blame that on the injection of new players, but you're the only one playing super actively. So I'm thinking the wolf team has a few slankers who are content to sit back and let this continue. Not all of them, of course. There are probably four, so likely only one or two who are among the more active and solvey players, and two or three among the quiet ones.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

We've had a run of about 6-8 games here where town have been dominant. We know each others' meta so well that we've sorted the wolf team within a few rounds. On the occasions where it went to late game, the wolves were still in the PoE but just avoided the flush longer than normal. In nearly all those games the town began finding each other D1 and by D2 there was a clear towncore that formed. We didn't even need flips to get to such a point.

Maybe I'm tinfoiling too soon, but it doesn't feel like that's happening here IMO. People's reads aren't matching up to each other. I'd blame that on the injection of new players, but you're the only one playing super actively. So I'm thinking the wolf team has a few slankers who are content to sit back and let this continue. Not all of them, of course. There are probably four, so likely only one or two who are among the more active and solvey players, and two or three among the quiet ones.

Well it's about time that happened. Was getting all too predictable.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Hoggers had us dead to rights even before N1 recently. I still don’t know how he managed that. I actually think he might be an alien. Like Spock kinda alien. Or maybe one of those extra weird ones from Star Trek.

4 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Unvote; vote Flow Menaci.

Clearly checking in but not getting too involved in conversation. Had his little 'game' that didn't accomplish anything.

I forgot to ask PL about FM. 

I won’t be as confident yet about him, because my eye is towards FG, MH and a couple others, but, FM has definitely gone under my radar. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hoggers had us dead to rights even before N1 recently. I still don’t know how he managed that. I actually think he might be an alien. Like Spock kinda alien. Or maybe one of those extra weird ones from Star Trek.

Ceres and BJ both nailed the entire scum team before D1 was over in my game too.

I never get all my D1 reads right. Feels bad man.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Ceres and BJ both nailed the entire scum team before D1 was over in my game too.

I never get all my D1 reads right. Feels bad man.

They did. But Hoggers was literally on point right away. I’ve never seen that before.

You’re always scummy to me too. 

Also, PL is like you, to me, 5 years ago when we played together. The guy reads well and explains his thought process. 

You got lazy and comfortable. I don’t like this you.