The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolf: Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (Game On!)

Rate this topic

Voting etiquette.

To vote for a player, it is as easy as writing "vote (player name)." When voting, please bold your vote and make it easy to see for when I'm scrolling through the game. Do not hide votes in spoilers, quotes, or other code aside from on its own line in a normal post. A player doesn't have to write the player's name their voting exactly, but be sure to make it legible and understandable otherwise the vote will not count. 

ex. 

"I think hoggers is a Neutral Loser! Let's get him before he kills us all!

vote hogboy"

~

Angleshooting.

As a broad term, this refers to any information that you derive that otherwise could not be found in a real life game of mafia. This includes replacements, mod messages, activity levels, and forum software that could help discern a users alignment. It's pretty confusing, so don't be upset if you still don't get it.

ex. "Luckylooger was logged in and viewing the thread but never made a post!!
"Darth Smelvin was viewing pms five minutes ago before posting here!!" 

"Ass cheeks replaced out after being called out for a slip! Get him!" 

These are all examples of scenarios that could not possibly occur in a real time mafia game. Replacements are pretty much unheard of, there is no forum software, and activity is not a problem since that person is there in the flesh and doesn't have time constraints outside of the game. If you are ever in doubt of if you're angleshooting, just ask if it can occur in a real time game. 

~

If you have any questions regarding the game, please ask them through dm's to me. I can only answer what is already made clear in the thread. I.E., if you have a question about a mechanic in the game, I can only tell you it wouldn't occur in the game as the game is not bastard which has already been explicitly made clear. 

Edited by hoggers

ALIVE

Spoiler

Luckylooger

Toews

Milk and Cereal

Falcon

K

Qwags

Sharpshooter

Darth Smelvin

Zfetch

MR

Professor Linguini

Flow Menaci

Funnygurl555

DEAD

Spoiler

Day 0 Flush: FiveFootSix&TubbyAF, Neutral Loser

Day 1 Flush: Blinzer, SixFootSix&ChubbyAF

Night 1 Kill: naslund.is.king, Bertuzzi

Night 1 Kill: Blue Jay 42, Exodia

Day 2 Flush, EP40, Sacrifice

Night 2 Kill, Otis, Cupid

GAME DIRECTORY

Spoiler

Day 0 Trial 

Day 0 Flush

Day 1 Start

Day 1 Flush

Day 2 Begins

Night 2 Ends / Day 3 Begins

Night 3 Ends / Day 4 Begins

Day 5 Ends

Night 5 Ends

Edited by hoggers
3 hours ago, SixFootFiveAndJackedAF said:

This looks really fun mechanics wise...

if I joined and promised to improve my behavior and just play normally, would people still leave?

i don’t want to ruin the experience for anyone so if me joining is a deal breaker in any way, I will sit this one out and probably leave the site too. 

Sit this one out in penance. 

• Cheers 2
3 hours ago, SixFootFiveAndJackedAF said:

This looks really fun mechanics wise...

if I joined and promised to improve my behavior and just play normally, would people still leave?

i don’t want to ruin the experience for anyone so if me joining is a deal breaker in any way, I will sit this one out and probably leave the site too. 

as far as this goes, the people playing the game will have a vote. if you want to have an opinion, join the game.

for necessary context that six5 is missing, in HIS mind, he was not throwing. he hadn't seen the zfetch doctor claim and assumed that if he got himself killed, the people would turn on zfetch. he got the idea from the MH modkill which hurt town pretty bad by affording them one of their mislynches. his thought process consisted of "if mh gets modkilled and hurts town, i can do the same to help town." i know this because he explained it to me in real time, and i called him a &^@#ing idiot. then the game was called a no contest, not a bad decision, but one i would and will avoid in this game.

why this is relevant is not because i care what you think about him. he wants to play in the game, and i believe everyone deserves a fair chance. you see his reasoning, now vote to determine his destiny.

DAY 0:

SIXFOOTFIVE&JACKEDAF'S TRIAL

24 HOURS REMAIN

• Wat 2
6 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

That's the best part. You can claim that you know what you're doing and no one can prove you wrong.

Where's Virt? This is the perfect game for him.

And anyone claiming to know anything is gonna look scummy. 

Also, any role claims that get cc'd will line up 

4 minutes ago, hoggers said:

as far as this goes, the people playing the game will have a vote. if you want to have an opinion, join the game.

for necessary context that six5 is missing, in HIS mind, he was not throwing. he hadn't seen the zfetch doctor claim and assumed that if he got himself killed, the people would turn on zfetch. he got the idea from the MH modkill which hurt town pretty bad by affording them one of their mislynches. his thought process consisted of "if mh gets modkilled and hurts town, i can do the same to help town." i know this because he explained it to me in real time, and i called him a &^@#ing idiot. then the game was called a no contest, not a bad decision, but one i would and will avoid in this game.

why this is relevant is not because i care what you think about him. he wants to play in the game, and i believe everyone deserves a fair chance. you see his reasoning, now vote to determine his destiny.

DAY 0:

SIXFOOTFIVE&JACKEDAF'S TRIAL

24 HOURS REMAIN

If he was unaware of the zfetch doc claim, how could he have come to the conclusion that getting mod killed would help town?

Its true and I’m sorry.

Ive been playing Forum Mafia since 2015, and I’ve played and been banned on multiple forums. Canucks is without a doubt the most fun and enjoyable place I’ve played on.

i usually get banned so swiftly the fact everyone accepted me here was a big shock to me. I wanted to see how far I could push things. 

I am not good at forum mafia. To be honest. I’m just not good at this game. Its not a loss skill wise to lose me so if you all deem me as not fitting in here socially/fun wise I will leave silently. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1