The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 02, 2020 | Wild lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I think we probably had a few guys that were nervous. Which is to be expected. Nervousness is excitement which is good as well. I don't think we had everyone playing their best. We've done a good job of learning from games. I expect our team to be better next time." - Green

Always excuses. Sure they're but it is up to you to make them calm and we need positive result, don't we?

Edited by ragna

Just now, Chicken. said:

Somethings gotta give and its a valid observation as he is a game changer. A clutch player perhaps you could say. the team did not look great with Zero goals so plenty to criticize. I think there will be a lineup change for tues somewhere.

I agree with the other poster. Jake was not going to win this game. The Canucks looked terrible. Jake is not a “game changer”. He has flashes of good play but so do most other players.

He will likely be brought in next game but don’t think for a minute that the Canucks will be any different unless they can remember how to shoot and pass the puck. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Jake needs to play in game 2.

He's built for playoff hockey and I firmly believe he is our spark plug.

We were flying out there. Minny played extremely well defensively. They smothered us, but eventually they will break here. 

Everyone step up.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Ferland 

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

You know what was " EXTRA STUPID"?

Drawing a penalty and getting caught with 7 guys on the ice for too many men................That is friggin stupid!

Another element Travis should have been on top of but failed to deal with.

There really was no change in our coaches tactics all game. You would think that if something wasn’t working, he would change tactics. 

• Cheers 1