The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 02, 2020 | Wild lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I just want a bit of fire.

Charge out of the gate. Play like you're already a goal down. Put shots on goal. It the playoffs. 

I may be wrong but I swear I heard TG preaching patience before the series began. No time for patience. Get after it, take it to them. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

Gotta feel bad for Green. A year ago, we weren't even pegged to be in the race to make the playoffs. He sits the golden boy and the entire fanbase turns on him. 

Green is being exposed for his lack of results. No systems. The “success” came from the roster JB put together 

we have the horses and unfortunately we have a 200 pound clueless jockey 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Next series? Seriously?

you are looking past Minny when we just showed our team is unprepared and has zero system to play defensively and score goals 

I just meant more that I hope we can win this series while we gel, so that we can even make it to the next one

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

Paul Maurice coached a great game today without his top center and winger. 

i'm putting the spotlight on Green in this best of 5.

This

a great coach makes adjustments and has a plan 

Green stands there like a deer in the headlights with that pathetic smirk on his face 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Green is being exposed for his lack of results. No systems. The “success” came from the roster JB put together 

we have the horses and unfortunately we have a 200 pound clueless jockey 

Yeah, Green is losing me.

He's a young coach that acts like he has been there and done that. Except he hasn't. I thought he would grow and learn with the team but his cup seems already full. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

When you bench offensive guys and play “defensive” guys you are telling the opposition  you fear them and you think your O can’t beat their O. It’s coaching scared 

it automatically makes our guys nervous and not playing loose 

he just does not get that 

defend the deficit mentality 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

He's a young coach that acts like he has been there and done that. Except he hasn't. I thought he would grow and learn with the team but his cup seems already full. 

He speaks as if he is a 3 time Stanley cup winning coach yet he has not won squat nor is he capable of winning 

can’t wait till he is gone 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

10 minutes ago, VaNux said:

I just meant more that I hope we can win this series while we gel, so that we can even make it to the next one

Ok gotcha 

just feel everyone took Minny lightly and Green was getting his ego rubbed by the media that picked the Canucks to go deep 

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Green has a good resume.  It was one game.   Bad penalties, a soft first goal and a poor block both on the pk decided the game.  I can see why Green didn't make adjustments.        I think this next game is the biggest of his time with us.  Let's see what what kind of adjustments he makes.  However at the end of the day it is up to the players.  For example I love Boeser, but at this stage can he really try and load up and launch bombs.  He needs to get greasy.  Same with a lot of other guys.   For me Green's evaluation starts tomorrow. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

We had zero d system all year and a red hot Marky covered up that fact on many nights

EP and Miller covered up the lack of offensive system 

them the playoffs hit and we face a trap, Green freezes in game 

it’s like he didn’t anticipate Minny being ahead in a game. He don’t mix lines, use his last change, didn’t shorten his bench. Didn’t have Jake to dump in and press the d to break the trap or Mac 

Instead we field slow players like Sutter and Beagle to kill penalties and win faceoff? How did that work for us?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

So you didn't pass grade 10?

grade 10?  There is a grade higher than 7? :o

And btw, this isn't the Bone Spurs thread.  I didn't have a rich daddy to pay someone to take the tests for me.:ph34r:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, samurai said:

Green has a good resume.  It was one game.   Bad penalties, a soft first goal and a poor block both on the pk decided the game.  I can see why Green didn't make adjustments.        I think this next game is the biggest of his time with us.  Let's see what what kind of adjustments he makes.  However at the end of the day it is up to the players.  For example I love Boeser, but at this stage can he really try and load up and launch bombs.  He needs to get greasy.  Same with a lot of other guys.   For me Green's evaluation starts tomorrow. 

I agree with you.I mentioned in a post above, put shots on net... get greasy if you will.

I have traditionally supported Green. The fact that it was only one game has nothing to do with my assessment of his attitude. 

He should grow with this young team. Empty his cup a bit. 

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

but why tomorrow?

Are you really saying you would fire Green if he loses one game?

What if the team wins tomorrow and loses the next 2?

Is his resume here good enough to stand that, or is it poor enough that one loss costs him his job?

It does not make a lot of sense to give him such a short leash

6 minutes ago, samurai said:

Green has a good resume.

No he doesn't, the only thing he ever won was one WHL championship but he wasn't even really their head coach that year, Mike Johnson was but got suspended so Travis gave Mike's orders to the team for the last part of the season.  

Edited by Moose Nuckle