The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I cant even... 

More than half of you guys have lost your goddam minds. Pathetic.

Good &^@#ing night

Reasonable.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

And they're a bunch of kids going up against last season's Stanley cup champs, in the playoffs, and are leading the series...

Get the &^@# out of here. Bunch of ninnies

:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Finally some people not blaming Stech for not being in 2 places at once.

I feel for Stetcher he has a big heart and he wears it on his sleeve. When he took a shove went down and did a tripple sow cow getting up again he completely lost the play the Blues player just strolled right on bye him and shelfed it. 

TSN turning point. 

We can't defend them so we have to keep them defending. We can beat them with our skill. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Would he be any worse that MacEwen?  Virtanen is being under utilized. You can’t expect him to be a 4th line plugger in this series after an entire regular season playing on a point producing line.  I think Green should give Guadette another chance, he’s been playing with Virtanen all year and Sutter is a black hole where scoring opportunities go to die.   High octane, run and gun style with 3 scoring lines is our best chance. We out score our mistakes.  

Ya but who does he take out?

It was a close game. We were a sudden death goal away from going 3-0 against the defending champs.
I'm confused as to why people are calling Virtanen out... Would you be saying that if he scored on the shot that barely went wide? Laid some good hits too.
Shame no one covered Hughes on his pinch. But those are the tough lessons you learn in the playoffs. 
Proud of this team battling like they have. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. 

• Vintage 3

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Horvat was quiet. He'll be better next game. He'll need to be better.

Boeser gone cold this series. He's going to have to turn it around for us to have chance to win the series.. 

Also a bit unfair considering how beastly he has been in the past 3 games. We knew that he wasn't going to sustain that level of offense each game.  It was bound to happen as the Blues took away his ice quickly after he burned them quickly.  He uncharacteristically was not great in the faceoffs tonight at 42%.  Lost possession on the powerplay a few times because he couldn't win them.  

Absolutely, Boeser was one guy I had mentioned in the GDT that he needed to respond.  Thought he tried tonight, but his overall poise with the puck is pretty poor.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Would he be any worse that MacEwen?  Virtanen is being under utilized. You can’t expect him to be a 4th line plugger in this series after an entire regular season playing on a point producing line.  I think Green should give Guadette another chance, he’s been playing with Virtanen all year and Sutter is a black hole where scoring opportunities go to die.   High octane, run and gun style with 3 scoring lines is our best chance. We out score our mistakes.  

Again, the game was quite equal. 

Back and forth, run and gun, sometimes the Canucks were trapped, sometimes the Blues were trapped.

It was chippy and whatever Virtanen brought he certainly could bring more.

This is not Boeser’s series. But it may be Virtanen’s. However, Boeser has to think it out for himself. It’s part of the whole experience.

The truculence of Myers was the tipping point tonight.

I would think a lot of things are going to be the same tomorrow as there is no time to “rethink” what is actually working.

Like someone said earlier, the Canucks have only trailed for 37 seconds in this series so far.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

I’ve not been a fan of Jake this post season but calling him out today is just redicolous.

people claimed with his 5 mins he didn’t do enough (including me) well today he created a couple of rushes and got partial breakaway from his own hard work.

he gets  crucified because he didn’t bury it. SMH it’s exactly the type of play he needs to be making and if he keeps making them eventually he pots one. 

Get out of here with your reasonable assessment.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

So we're back to blaming Sutter? Can AG kill penalties and play D? 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

One of the problems was Myers missing, Fanta played well out there. You don’t sit a defensive D out to put another offensive D in when we are already short in that department. 

Rafferty comes in will mean more ice time for the top 4 which are already pushed past breaking point 

Exactly. Now our only option is to keep attacking aggressively. If we're defending we simply don't have the bodies to sustain. Nux can win this series but they won't win it playing 2 goal games. 

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Whalespray said:

I feel for Stetcher he has a big heart and he wears it on his sleeve. When he took a shove went down and did a tripple sow cow getting up again he completely lost the play the Blues player just strolled right on bye him and shelfed it. 

TSN turning point. 

We can't defend them so we have to keep them defending. We can beat them with our skill. 

Honestly I just hope we can bust up their cycle in our end tomorrow otherwise we'll be back to dump and change hockey again. Blues 3rd period was strong.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Again, the game was quite equal. 

Back and forth, run and gun, sometimes the Canucks were trapped, sometimes the Blues were trapped.

It was chippy and whatever Virtanen brought he certainly could bring more.

This is not Boeser’s series. But it may be Virtanen’s. However, Boeser has to think it out for himself. It’s part of the whole experience.

The truculence of Myers was the tipping pour tonight.

I would think a lot of things are going to be the same tomorrow as there is no time to “rethink” what is actually working.

Like someone said earlier, the Canucks have only trailed for 37 seconds in this series so far.

I’m just saying our top core players need help, they can’t do it all by themselves.  Our First 2 lines have been playing out of this world, I think we can get more offence from our bottom 6.  Reuniting the 3rd line Off Virtanen, Gaudette and Roussel would give our top 2 lines some needed relief.   The Canucks best defence is puck possession. 

Edited by Pure961089

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Honestly I just hope we can bust up their cycle in our end tomorrow otherwise we'll be back to dump and change hockey again. Blues 3rd period was strong.

Quick sticks and well timed double teams in our end. Create turnovers. 

5 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Too bad Baertschi has opted out.  He probably would be a good option for the Canucks in terms of offense and 2-way play.  

Would have been a better option than Eriksson, Virtanen, etc.  

Concussions are what dictate his decisions now.

10 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

I’m just saying our top core players need help, they can’t do it all by themselves.  Our First 2 lines have been playing out of this world, I think we can get more offence from our bottom 6.  Reuniting the 3rd line Off Virtanen, Gaudette and Roussel would give our top 2 lines some needed relief.   The Canucks best defence is puck possession. 

Right.
The Canucks have seven players that are firing on all cylinders. With three in the top 5 league-wide.

76F85A47-ADDF-4E44-AFB3-41FC646F550F.jpeg

Eleven with points in seven games, including a pest, a top flight D, and two support players.

41F08841-8B31-4F02-880D-5A5BB0EB300D.jpeg

The players who have no points yet:

What Beagle brings more than makes up for the lack of points. He’s not there for that.

Motte I mean, he is what the playoffs are all about. He’s everywhere important he needs to be.

Eriksson is a defensive beast that allows Horvat and Pearson to play very offensive hockey.

Myers has been an absolute brute beast, putting the Wild and the Blues on their heels. He should be back for game five.

Virtanen is a big body and tonight Green tried him with Miller and Pettersson. I don’t see why he wouldn’t share time with Boeser depending on the needs of the game moving forward.

Fantenberg. Built to prevent goals in the playoffs.

MacEwen does not look out of place either. He’s been all over the Wild and the Blues. Game 3 is most likely an anomaly for him. The Blues HATE him.

61C7BADA-44DB-4606-8D57-2D697DD58CF4.jpeg

Ferland should never have come back this year unless he needed a last fanfare because he knew he was done and wanted to go out with one last fight.

Adding Benn is like adding another Fantenberg.

Toffoli is injured and in a walking boot and is probably done for this series.

Gaudette and Juolevi are the youngn’s.

27AB9929-C503-45A0-A97E-3B7F71E9573D.jpeg

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1