The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 17, 2020 | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I noticed a he did a lot of floating last game. He wasnt aggressive on the puck and there was one time where his line mate won a puck battle near the blue line to keep it in the zone and rather than driving to the net Jake headed to the bench! Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater but c'mon! The kid needs to step it up. Imagine if JV had the tenacity of Motte. With his size and speed he'd be unstoppable.

Oh I know, I just hope he gets a full game with Bo now when it really matters. I think he’ll show up. Over his short career I’ve noticed he does a lot more with more ice time. Most games he’s floating are lower minute games. He needs more time to get going. But if he doesn’t make the most out of a big game like this where (hypothetically) gets 12-14 mins than I agree time to seriously think of moving on

STL was asleep for the round robin, and even for the first couple of games in Round 1, but then they woke up and are showing why they won the Cup. They're a dominant team built for the long haul.

Also, a Championship team needs every guy all in, committed to go to war. Thinking about some of the successful teams over the last few years, players like: 

Milan Lucic

Brad Marchand

Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara

Dustin Brown

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Troy Brouwer

Dustin Byfuglien

Dave Bolland

TJ Oshie

Tom Wilson

Dave Perron

Brayden Schenn

all jerks, but all champions

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

STL was asleep for the round robin, and even for the first couple of games in Round 1, but then they woke up and are showing why they won the Cup. They're a dominant team built for the long haul.

Also, a Championship team needs every guy all in, committed to go to war. Thinking about some of the successful teams over the last few years, players like: 

Milan Lucic

Brad Marchand

Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara

Dustin Brown

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Troy Brouwer

Dustin Byfuglien

Dave Bolland

TJ Oshie

Tom Wilson

Dave Perron

Brayden Schenn

Speaking of sleeping during the first round I heard (but have no source) that some of the teams got hammered often during round one....

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Milan Lucic

Brad Marchand

Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara

Dustin Brown

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Troy Brouwer

Dustin Byfuglien

Dave Bolland

TJ Oshie

Tom Wilson

Dave Perron

Brayden Schenn

The highlighted are the only jerks who aren’t warriors. The others are built for playoff hockey. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The highlighted are the only jerks who aren’t warriors. The others are built for playoff hockey. 

They are all warriors. Bolland was great against the Canucks. The series shifted when he came back from injury. 

I think case in point is that none of these guys would hesitate crossing the line to win a cup. 

This is why the NHL needs to take greater action for disciplining dangerous hits. It awards those that don't have the moral compass to stop. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

I can't believe so many have given up on our guys!!!   It's best two out of three now.

The players are the ones battling out there. We're just sitting on our butts watching. Sit on your couch and cry while our guys are trying to recharge and go again or cheer them on no matter what!!! Easy choice for me!!!!

St Louis guys. If you're reading this. You've already won a Cup. You put up a good battle and weren't embarrassed. You can go back to your family knowing you fought hard.

Joke Alert: Besides, I heard that the boogy-kesler has been calling on some of your wives. And I also heard that some of them fired their pool-boys and hired pool-men.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Like a roller coaster, I was pretty disgusted with last night's loss, and then the negative thoughts enter. But that was then. There's still Canucks hockey to be played. 

Canucks can still put up a good fight, and they're still in it. Anything can happen, so you never know. I haven't liked the last two games obviously, like others, but this Canucks group isn't going to just roll over and give up. Motte has been outstanding for the most part during these playoffs. Sutter has been good. Bo's been a leader. The Canucks still have scrappy veterans in Roussel and Beagle. And let's not forget Pettersson and Hughes - how competitive they are. They're not buying the "too young" label. Those kids are battling and taking a beating trying to win. Maybe it isn't over just yet.      

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

So why now?

Why not at the start of the series?  We beat them in the first two games....so because they lost the last two it's all changed?  I'm sorry...that's really bandwagon behaviour.  "I'm only on board when my team's winning".

Blatant fact:  the series is tied, not over.

I'd like a support roaster to throw Perron into.

:towel:Deb .

CDC we are going to win this series, Markstrom will not lose 4 games out of 7. Have some faith, Coach Green will have the kids watching video from last 2 losses make the necessary adjustments and rattle off 2 more wins. Believe in these youthful hungry kids. Let’s Goooooo! :towel:

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Honestly I would let Ep40 go head to head like we did in the first two games against ROR , and rely on Bo on to step it up again . 

you might be on to something. We seemed to play better when we didn't have last change. 

• Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Milan Lucic

Brad Marchand

Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara

Dustin Brown

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Troy Brouwer

Dustin Byfuglien

Dave Bolland

TJ Oshie

Tom Wilson

Dave Perron

Brayden Schenn

I would add:

Beagle

Pearson

Toffoli 

We have 2 out of 3 right now that will help get us beyond the Blues then we get Toffoli back in round 2.

:towel:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Milan Lucic

Brad Marchand

Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara

Dustin Brown

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Troy Brouwer

Dustin Byfuglien

Dave Bolland

TJ Oshie

Tom Wilson

Dave Perron

Brayden Schenn

Been thinking about your earlier post as well about whoever has the most jerks wins. It interesting when you break it down like that. Especially knowing that we really can't play nice. 

I'd also say that factored into 2011 as well. The "jerks" were willing to do things we weren't. We either couldn't match their jerk factor or weren't willing to go there. 

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Oh I know, I just hope he gets a full game with Bo now when it really matters. I think he’ll show up. Over his short career I’ve noticed he does a lot more with more ice time. Most games he’s floating are lower minute games. He needs more time to get going. But if he doesn’t make the most out of a big game like this where (hypothetically) gets 12-14 mins than I agree time to seriously think of moving on

I hope so too - some of his best games during the season were with Petey and Miller (some bench shots come to mind of Miller and Jake helmet to helmet, the vet giving advice)

Maybe it's a self image thing? Jake believes he's a top 6 forward, and when in that role, is engaged and gives everything.  He doesn't see himself as a checking, 4th line guy, so is disinterested in that role.

Man i gotta say I love playoff hockey in the summer. 

Playing a round of golf tomorrow morning. Gonna go home, relax, and then watch the game. 

Just wanna see the boys step up and give it their all and not play scared. 

They do that and Im happy. 

I think we're all pretty blessed to be able to watch hockey. 

Things can always be worse in life. 

• Upvote 1

They say to go far in the playoffs, a team needs production from its 3rd and 4th lines...had a look at the playoff stats today....surprised to see this.

Capture.PNG.e916f346be6dcb3e7cf9114eb7744f6d.PNG

it shows how good our top two lines have been so far...last game the top lines production was reduced by Jake Allen.

Edited by Pete M
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Been thinking about your earlier post as well about whoever has the most jerks wins. It interesting when you break it down like that. Especially knowing that we really can't play nice. 

I'd also say that factored into 2011 as well. The "jerks" were willing to do things we weren't. We either couldn't match their jerk factor or weren't willing to go there. 

Yeah I think of guys like Andrew Ladd who facewashed kesler and then fought him fully knowing that kesler took a high stick earlier and has stiches on his face lol

Just complete turds. 

Thatd be like Roussel following up and facewashing Blais next game if he wasnt wearing a cage. 

I dont know how I would feel cheering for a team like that. 

I think someone quoted the fight between Mac and Sanford. 

Vancouver bench: atta boy Mac! 

St Louis Bench: Kill him! 

Lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Or could not physically go there due to a lack of size or injuries.